Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 10:09 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
They haven't had their convention yet-this Summer, but she is the presumptive nominee.

She has received more votes for POTUS than any other female in history (Not too much longer I can say that LOL).
Did you vote for delegates to the Green Party convention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 10:18 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
Quote:
They haven't had their convention yet-this Summer, but she is the presumptive nominee.

She has received more votes for POTUS than any other female in history (Not too much longer I can say that LOL).
She's not a bad candiate. She is the opposite of Ben Carson, but with the Education. I mean the Green doesn't have the power of the top 2 democrats, but if a Democrat far to the left who has a big name and long time in Politics joined forces worked a deal out for Stein to run as her VP be dangerous.

How does that work if a candiate is not on a ballot? Can you write them in? Do they actually count?

Old 04-27-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
She's not a bad candiate. She is the opposite of Ben Carson, but with the Education. I mean the Green doesn't have the power of the top 2 democrats, but if a Democrat far to the left who has a big name and long time in Politics joined forces worked a deal out for Stein to run as her VP be dangerous.

How does that work if a candiate is not on a ballot? Can you write them in? Do they actually count?
How it works depends on the state you live in, and the laws the state has in place.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:19 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Did you vote for delegates to the Green Party convention?
I am not officially in the Green Party-but votes were held for 400 delegates with the nominee needing the majority.

If you are trying to imply that the Green Party is as corrupt or detached from the people as Democrats and Republicans I will just laugh.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:20 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post

I have followed her for a while-since she ran in 2012 and admire/respect her a ton.

Right now, it looks like Jill Stein is where my vote is going. I can never bring myself to vote for a war-monger which pretty much knocks out anyone from the Dems or Repubs, notably Killary Clinton.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I am not officially in the Green Party-but votes were held for 400 delegates with the nominee needing the majority.

If you are trying to imply that the Green Party is as corrupt or detached from the people as Democrats and Republicans I will just laugh.
MY point is that the Green Party had its own rules and process for selecting its Presidential nominee.

I wasn't given the opportunity to vote in a Green Party primary, and I suspect the vast majority of Americans didn't have that opportunity.

Because the political parties are private organizations, and they get to determine their own process. It's not about corruption or detachment. The political parties, all of them, are private organizations. They provide resources to candidates running under their party aegis. And as private organizations, they have discretion over determining who those candidates using their resources are going to be.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
If superdelegates were trying to overturn the voters and give the nomination to a candidate who had not won the pledged delegates and popular vote, then you'd have a point. But oops, it was Bernie who was trying to suggest they do that. Hillary has about 300 more pledged delegates and over 3,000,000 more votes.
Sorry, people are not seeing it that way. Hillary (and the DNC) announced this huge advantage for Hillary before the voting ever started. They see that as stacking the deck and the (D)'s are in as big of a mood to flip a finger at those doing that as is the (R)'s.

It's like starting the super bowl at 17-0.

Quote:
As for even playing field, I suppose it's Hillary or the DNC's fault that Hillary was a better known candidate? That she was a Senator from New York as opposed to tiny little white Vermont? That she was Secretary of State for 4 years? That she was one of the most known and respected women in the world?

The DNC - you know, the organization that said to Bernie Sanders, sure you can run for our nomination despite not actually being a member of our party. Were they supposed to bar Hillary from running because she was too well known and that was a problem for other candidates?

Bernie knew who he was running against. He actually wanted to primary Obama in 2012 but didn't have the balls to run against a man. He and his sexist band of all male advisors assumed he could beat a woman. They were wrong.
Bar Hillary? No. Stack the deck? It's going to cost them.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
I have followed her for a while-since she ran in 2012 and admire/respect her a ton.

Right now, it looks like Jill Stein is where my vote is going. I can never bring myself to vote for a war-monger which pretty much knocks out anyone from the Dems or Repubs, notably Killary Clinton.
I will be researching Dr. Stein's positions in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, I find this very encouraging:

Jill Stein writes open letter to Bernie Sanders regarding future collaboration | Examiner.com

Old 04-27-2016, 11:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
What amusing is that some SLAVISH SANDERS SUPPORTERS are going to REFUSE to vote for the candidate BERNIE is going to ENDORSE - Hillary Clinton.

Weird.
I find it weird that you think people should look to others opinions on who they should vote for?

Old 04-27-2016, 11:35 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Personally, I'd bring back the Electoral college to its former power, and repeal the amendment that crippled it.

Instead of candidates campaigning nationwide, the electoral college would convene, interview candidates, examine them, and then vote.

It's easier for one to vote for a local person whose judgment you trust than it is to vote on the basis of a popularity contest and soundbites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections