Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2016, 02:45 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I don't know any women who voted for Hillary.
May I suggest widening your circle of acquaintances or just get out of the house once in a while.

(reminds me of the poster who claim that NYC was against Hillary because they didn't see any Hillary signs)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 02:49 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,454,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
This post is the very definition of false bravado.

Romney was indeed a lame candidate, yet he had the nomination sewn up well before Trump. There was never a #NeverRomney movement from party voters either.

Trump is roadkill and you know it.
Starting to sweat a little bit now. Aren't ya?

Old 04-27-2016, 02:50 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Romney was indeed a lame candidate,
Yes he was. He was as lame as John Kerry in 2004.

They even made a movie about lameness called "Mitt".

It's on Netflix. I recommend you watch it.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:52 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Starting to sweat a little bit now. Aren't ya?
You're projecting.

Trump has no path to the presidency. Deal with it.

Edit: Oh look, he added a GIF too. This qualifies as a smart political discourse to the Trumpettes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes he was. He was as lame as John Kerry in 2004.

They even made a movie about lameness called "Mitt".

It's on Netflix. I recommend you watch it.
And yet, Romney was able to sew up the nomination in quicker fashion than Trump, and with little dissent from GOP voters. Romney was on cruise control at this point, while Trump is still scratching and clawing his way to 1237.

If Romney is lame, Trump is the ultimate zombie candidate.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:08 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I would never vote for someone based on their gender, race, etc. Anyone that votes like that is irresponsible.

Count me in the group "Women For Trump" and "Hillary for Prison".
Count me in, also!

Old 04-27-2016, 03:12 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
So, what are you trying to say? Are you saying that Hillary should have been more like the Ivana doormat? Let Bill's mistresses walk all over her? Let them go on vacation with Hill and Bill? After all, that's what Ivana did.

Trump doesn't exactly have a clean record when it comes to these matters.
What she should have done was divorce Bill a long time ago. Instead, she chose to stay with him and put up with his cheating ways. So, yes, she did let Bill walk all over her because she was power hungry. Never did it occur to her how any of this might affect Chelsea.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:13 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If Donald Trump manages to win the general election despite:

1. Losing his home state (Wrong he won New York)
2. Losing the women votes by a wide margin (Many woman support Trump)
3. Getting hammered by the Latino votes. (No shortage Here)
4. Getting trounced by the Black votes. (Blacks fell for crooked Hillary)
5. Running against free trade and what America stands for. (Making America Great Again)

Then he truly deserves that victory because it'll be one that defies logic. I'm not saying it can't be done, but if it does, it will effectively dispel everything we know about general elections and a lot of people will have to relearn this subject.
I went to Trumps Bethpage New York Rally - lots of women in the crowd.

Standing with 1000's of working class individuals all there for one thing - to see Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhHL5_gzEKM

Old 04-27-2016, 03:22 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,454,667 times
Quote:
Trump has no path to the presidency. Deal with it.
Really. Personally I believe you are in denial.
You can't see what's happening all around you?

Quote:
Edit: Oh look, he added a GIF too. This qualifies as a smart political discourse to the Trumpettes.
Oh look, he called me a cutesy name. Trumpette. I am so hurt. I guess this qualifies as an example of smarter political discourse?
What a joke.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:23 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
You might have a point if the general election were next week, but what you and others that keep talking about the general election refuse to acknowledge is that the election is still over 6 months away which makes them totally meaningless right now and polls can swing back and forth 10 points or more in a couple of weeks depending on what's in the news and which way the wind is blowing.
Besides, if useless polls are your Bible, then Trump is gaining on Hillary. One from George Washington University shows them only 3 points away from eachother, a statistical dead heat.
But never mind all that. You're so confident, you shouldn't even be bothered with any of this. Just sit back and relax and let the election happen.
"aftermath of the 2012 election, the Republican National Committee commissioned a report that acknowledged many of these facts, and that made the case that the G.O.P. couldn’t expect to win back the White House without doing a better job of appealing to minorities and moderates. Trump’s candidacy represents an angry repudiation of this argument, and an apparent denial of political reality."

Old 04-27-2016, 03:25 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:

And yet, Romney was able to sew up the nomination in quicker fashion than Trump, and with little dissent from GOP voters.
And he lost the election that was his to lose. Bill Clinton even said so. Even going as far to say that Obama was very lucky to have gotten Romney as a candidate.

Case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections