Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 11:37 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times

Advertisements

His arm movements are distracting. He looks like a ventriloquist's dummy, which makes me wonder who's pulling the strings.

Any thoughts on the speech?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 11:41 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
I did not think it was so bad actually.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Even before Trump's address, Clinton's campaign blasted out a news release saying the Republican leader has used "the most reckless rhetoric of any major presidential candidate in modern history."

His speech had a main theme, he made it clear that it will also be the theme an policy of his administration -- "America First". I look forward to Hillary & Cruz (who appear to be allies) explain why "America First" is bad.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:55 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
His arm movements are distracting. He looks like a ventriloquist's dummy, which makes me wonder who's pulling the strings.

Any thoughts on the speech?

Reminds me of Bernie Sanders in the Democratic Presidential debates.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:55 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Even before Trump's address, Clinton's campaign blasted out a news release saying the Republican leader has used "the most reckless rhetoric of any major presidential candidate in modern history."

His speech had a main theme, he made it clear that it will also be the theme an policy of his administration -- "America First". I look forward to Hillary & Cruz (who appear to be allies) explain why "America First" is bad.
They won't explain it because they can't.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:58 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

"America First" is a sound bite, not a policy.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:01 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
Overall, I would agree with most of it, however on two points
I don't really agree, at least on the surface. What he would do
after assuming office and obtaining more information is unknowable.

1) I don't really have a problem with the Iran Deal, and I hope he
softens his stance against it once he is president.
2) Upgrading the land-based ICBM arsenal is not worth it.
We aren't going to use these weapons. Technologies which made
ICBM's obsolete are already in place, but he may not know this yet.

Still, the majority and overriding themes I completely agree with,
and I sure would trust him with foreign policy over Hillary.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:10 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
"America First" is a sound bite, not a policy.
No, It is a policy and transcends to may areas of policy.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:11 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,361 times
Having only read quips and not having seen the speech, due to work...this is what I've read so far.

Trump stated that the U.S. would do no nation-building but that it would build stability around the world.
- I would like to hear him expound on how you increase stability without a form of nation building.

He said there were too many weapons in the world, but he talked about developing new nuclear and cyberweapons.

And he talked about rebuilding NATO, and changing its mission, but fell short of his previous threat to pull out of the organization.

----
Just a few quick subtle things i've read about it so far.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:12 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Reminds me of Bernie Sanders in the Democratic Presidential debates.
Some of these guys need to learn to control their arms. Seriously.

Trump makes gestures that straight men use to mimic gay men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections