Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 12:37 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,367,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
In the 1990s, American's viewpoint on gay marriage was 180 degrees different than it is today. While DOMA might have been what most people wanted back then, fortunately, most Americans have evolved on this issue, including leading politicians.
Ahh. You are simply Gaywashing, and Hillary did not become a US Senator until the 2000s.

There were plenty of people willing to support Gays & Lesbians in the 1990s, even 1980s & 1970s. The Clintons were not among them. Why? Because it would cost them politically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 12:38 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,872,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh. You are simply Gaywashing, and Hillary did not become a US Senator until the 2000s.

There were plenty of people willing to support Gays & Lesbians in the 1990s, even 1980s & 1970s. The Clintons were not among them. Why? Because it would cost them politically.
We aren't discussing "gay rights." The issue was gay marriage. Trump is on record as supporting "traditional marriage," as the link in my previous post indicates.

So, in the 1990s neither Clinton nor Trump supported gay marriage. Obviously, that issue won't be a deciding factor for anyone.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:44 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,367,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
We aren't discussing "gay rights." The issue was gay marriage.
Is there a difference? Splitting hairs isn't going to win you his argument.

But it's good to note that even you acknowledge the Clintons have lifted a finger to do anything for the GLBT community. In fact they have taken action against it numerous times.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:49 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,442,952 times
#VoteRedUnlessYou'reDead!

Old 04-29-2016, 12:50 PM

19,284 posts, read 9,388,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
George Takei has emerged as an official spokesperson for LGBT issues. He's not going to endorse a Republican.
Correct me if I'm wrong,.. but didn't I just read of Trump inviting Bruce aka Caitlyn Jenner to use the ladies restroom at Trump Tower? Google: Trump invites Jenner

Old 04-29-2016, 03:26 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,857,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Bernie supporters I know, can't stand Hillary. They will NEVER vote for her.
You mean both of them?

Old 04-29-2016, 03:41 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,591,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I think the left is starting to figure out, Sanders supporters are NOT Hillary supporters.

They are in trouble... Trump is far more like Sanders than they will admit.
You can post that in the face of several Sanders supporters who said they WILL vote for Hillary?

I haven't read any Sanders supporter saying they would NOT vote for Hillary.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:36 AM

111 posts, read 117,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nonsense

You suggest that anyone who is Gay or Lesbian, is incapable of anything beyond silly identity politics. That's nonsense. They have the same issues as everyone else. i.e. Jobs, Security, Retirement, raising kids, taxes, etc.
Some people are indeed just one issue voters. But some of also vote based not off of our orientation but the rights, raising wages, healthcare, environment, retirement and affordable college (not exactly "free").

Old 04-30-2016, 04:09 AM

14,635 posts, read 14,497,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
#VoteRedUnlessYou'reDead!
Better red than dead?

Old 04-30-2016, 06:47 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I'll probably vote Hillary even though I want to vote Sanders or Stein. Just because I need a candiate who can at least win the Presidency, hoping one day a strong thitd party rises.

Only concern is Republicans will probably not change their tone for awhile. Question is if Hillary gets into Office few scenarios were stuck with her friends 4 year's then a Republican gets in we're stuck with them for 8 year's.

If Trump, most neutral of the Republicans on LGBT and Abortion, gets in we can bump him out in 4 year's and hope the Democrats wake up nominate someone like Sanders.

I mean Clinton could possibly bring change in regards to fixing up the mental health system in the US, Criminal Justice Reform, fixing poverty in the US, women's rights, equal pay, and free community college.

Trump offers the better foreign policy, pro second amendment rights, better tax reform plan, better trade policy, and a better economic plan.

They both stink when it comes to thr issues of the Environment.

Though Clinton is better in regards to Energy. They are both pro on NSA intelligence.

I mean I can't trust Hillary and can't accept what she did, but forgive her it's the past what happen in Benghazi hopefully she has changed. I mean Sanders is the best chouse for America, but if it is a Republican vs Hillary have to vote Hillary.
I can only shake my head in amazement when someone says they will vote for someone they can not trust.

"Yes, he molested my daughter the last time I had him baby sit but I really want to go see this movie and can't find anyone else".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections