Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 06:50 PM

17,617 posts, read 13,429,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
thought you trumpaloopas enjoyed not being politically correct
Yes, I'm learning that somehow, among conservatives, it is mandated that you be politically correct about diseases such as Alzheimer's and cancer. I assume this is because they actually experience the difficulties associated with such. It's the things that they don't or can't experience to which they are insensitive and claim 'political correctness' when challenged.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:51 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,815,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Goodness. I have to absolutely agree with you on this.
Not everything is political and some things deserve to remain dignified and not exploited for the sake of entertainment. I believe almost every human being can agree to that level of civility. At least I certainly hope so, or we really are done for as a species.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:53 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,815,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yes, I'm learning that somehow, among conservatives, it is mandated that you be politically correct about diseases such as Alzheimer's and cancer. I assume this is because they actually experience the difficulties associated with such. It's the things that they don't or can't experience to which they are insensitive and claim 'political correctness' when challenged.
Really? Can you give me a list of conservative entertainers that have produced exploitive entertainment on issues that are not politically correct and insensitive? This is a serious question.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:16 PM

7,809 posts, read 4,516,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Really? Can you give me a list of conservative entertainers that have produced exploitive entertainment on issues that are not politically correct and insensitive? This is a serious question.
God almighty, Dennis Miller wouldn't have a career if he wasn't regurgitating insensitive conservative material.
(and for the record, before he went nuts and over to the dark side I thought he was one of the brightest, sharpest on-point comedians of the day. I was genuinely sad when he flushed it all away as it plainly appears)

Old 04-29-2016, 09:52 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,951,517 times
HBO just showed a movie that portrayed Antonin Scalia protégé Clarence Thomas in a less than flattering light.

Just a coincidence.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:39 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,652,476 times
It's very poor taste. It's downright awful.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:45 PM

29,175 posts, read 22,142,986 times
Politics aside, I think it's a very dumb idea.

Farrell should remember what happened about a year ago when Sony tried to release a comedy that mocked the leader of North Korea directly; making mockery of any nation's leaders, past or present, had best be left alone until that leader is very ancient historical history that no longer has any connection to the world's events.

Mocking an affliction that could hit anyone from age 38 on is a doubly stupid concept. Alzheimer's is something a huge number of us have either seen in someone close to us or already have, and no one thinks the disease is a bit funny. At all.

Given the fact that Sony took a huge bath on their misfire, I'm sure Hollywood won't make the same mistake twice so soon afterward. Farrell may have the clout to make it, but if he actually does, I doubt it will ever be released. There are hundreds of other movies that are still sitting in the can, still waiting for release.

A motion picture these days is a lot like bottling milk. If it isn't released while still fresh, it goes sour very quickly, and this is especially true when a flick has a political theme. Reagan is only recent history in millions of minds, and his memory will remain 'recent' until the last person who ever enthusiastically voted for him passes away. Even then, because we have to idea of what the future will think of him, there's just as much a chance he will be venerated for decades and decades to come.

How many past Presidents have ever been portrayed as idiots or hopelessly forgetful in a motion picture? None, that I can recall, for a lot of very good reasons. Given the expensive gamlbe every new movie is these days, Farrell needs to think this over very carefully. It could be a career-ender for him.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:37 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,103,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Trump is never compared to Reagan by anyone other than Mr. Trump's supporters.

C'mon.

Mick
You are right, no one really compares Trump to Reagan and if they do, they know nothing about either man or about politics. BTW, it looks like the movie is dead before it really got started; Thank God

Old 04-30-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I particularly enjoyed the outrage Patti Davis had for the project. IIRC she didn't particularly get along with her Dad and while he was wandering aimlessly around the White House she was smoking weed, posing for Playboy and trying to cash in on a movie career playing off the old man's fame.

Oh wait... did I spoil the history re-write of St. Ronnie? Again?
though she did not get along with either parent, by the time they were in the White House and not aimlessly wandering around it, I will add, she was about ending her hippy days. Never did she end them altogether I will add. Are you aware she has a very active charity dedicated to victims and families of those suffering from Alzheimer's disease? Obviously you are not. It would be nice if people knew what they were talking about before they posted things that are not factual. There is a difference between fact and opinion.

Last edited by nmnita; 04-30-2016 at 06:55 AM..

Old 04-30-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
I kind of wish they would make a movie about Ronald Reagan...and include both the good and bad of his presidency.

Unfortunately, cry baby republicans won't let anyone make a movie about him that portrays him anything other than what he really was: an idiot who sleepwalked his way through the presidency.
I too wish they would, but only if it were totally objective and that is pretty hard in Hollywood. BTW, O'Reilly's book is just that from what I have heard. I still need to read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections