Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 06:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Your kind, huh? How nauseating.

Trump retweets White supremacists. Often.

Somehow that's okay, but non-presidential candidates waving a Mexican flag? That's baaaad news for the Dems.
Agreed. It DOES make me "sick" that many people seem to ID as "others" than Americans, I'm talking US citizens here. Illegal aliens of ANY "race" don't count; they just need to be cuffed and stuffed on sight then deported. Period.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:49 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
Trump is in one of the most extreme liberal places in America, these protests don't surprise me at all. I don't get the Mexican flags, but whatever floats their boat.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:51 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Here's a electoral college projection from Larry Sabato, one of the premier political scientists on electoral politics, and Trump is an underdog in the EC count - which was a pretty much a given.

Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » 2016 President

Scuffles at Trump rallies aren't necessarily going to change that equation much, and not in Trump's favor. No matter what the nativist nabobs would like to think. His misogynistic swipes at Clinton are probably going to drive up turnout from female voters.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:19 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Anybody who would be pissed off about Mexican flag wavers are already in Trump's camp.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:21 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Anybody who would be pissed off about Mexican flag wavers are already in Trump's camp.
Exactly. They weren't going to vote for Hillary in the first place.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:37 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Exactly. They weren't going to vote for Hillary in the first place.
It may galvanize some of the Cruz and Kasich supporters who realize that their candidates have no chance. I doubt these violent protesters are ONLY pissing off Trump republicans. Most republicans, no matter who their candidate is, don't like seeing violent ultra liberal and illegal alien protesters. They may vote for Trump to make a point against the protesters, rather than just throwing their votes away on candidates that can't win.

But yes, anyone voting for Hillary probably identifies with the protesters so it's not going to help in that respect.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:02 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It may galvanize some of the Cruz and Kasich supporters who realize that their candidates have no chance.
Events like this really put the anti-Trump folks on the spot. Reflexively, they have to condemn Trump but by doing so now would mean they are siding with rioters. That's why Rich Lowry, the leader of the Trump haters, had to come to the defense of Trump tonight and even gave him credit for bringing up illegal immigration at the ground zero of illegal immigration.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:13 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
It's not going to make a darned bit of difference in the race, either statewide or nationally.

Look, folks have pretty much made up their minds about Trump and Clinton. Your attitude isn't going to change the nature of the race as much as you would like it to be.
This part of your post is true. What your post leaves out is the silent majority in this country. How many of these shenanigans will it take to mobilize those folks into the anti-illegal wave. The D/RNC are certainly not doing anything to stop it and the amnesty folks are helping perpetuate it ... so I think the difference will not be with those who have already opinionated themselves, but those who will form opinions strong enough to motivate them to action.

One man's opinion.

El Nox

Last edited by El Nox; 04-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..

Old 04-29-2016, 08:23 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
This part of your post is true. What you post leaves out is the silent majority in this country. How many of these shenanigans will it take to mobilize those folks into the anti-illegal wave. The D/RNC are certainly not doing anything to stop it and the amnesty folks are helping perpetuate it ... so I think the difference will not be with those who have already opinionated themselves, but those who will form opinions strong enough to motivate them to action.

One man's opinion.

El Nox
I haven't voted in the last few elections, because I have not liked either the Dem or Rep candidates. But I will vote for Trump this time and I'm in CA.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:24 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
My sister's husband is Mexican, (for the reading comprehension impaired: that means his ancestry is Mexican, but he's an American.) His entire family, obviously, is Mexican. That family has a lot of Mexican friends. We live in a "working class" neighborhood where here, in this state, that's a lot of Mexicans.

LEGAL.

Americans of Mexican descent, or just plain old LEGAL Mexicans.

They keep to themselves, just as I like neighbors to do...keep to your own business...but when I'm out walking my dog, sometimes they will be out after work, their music playing, (God I hate that music...but I despise country music equally), and they will say a few words.

Not a damn one of these people, BILs family and friends included, will vote for Hillary. Not a one of them. Many of them are Trump supporters. Some of them I don't know who they will choose, but I do know, they hate Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections