Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2008, 06:52 PM
BVH BVH started this thread

944 posts, read 605,905 times

Advertisements

Is anybody else appalled by this Bill? It's no surprised that it passed handily, as the Telecom lobby is in the top 5 biggest lobby's in DC.

This is further evidence that neither party has our best interests at heart. As a Democrat, I have to say that I am throughly disgusted with both Hillary and Obama on this matter. Neither of them had the guts to show up and do the right thing and vote against it!

I'd be careful who you talk to now...it's official, Big Brother is still listening.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

P.S. Just as an FYI, the MSM is now officially lying to us, flat out. MSNBC had a commentator on the Keith Olberman show who said that "Hillary didn't even bother to show up and vote, but McCain and Obama did." McCain voted Yea, but, NEITHER Democrat showed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 08:40 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
Is anybody else appalled by this Bill? It's no surprised that it passed handily, as the Telecom lobby is in the top 5 biggest lobby's in DC.

This is further evidence that neither party has our best interests at heart. As a Democrat, I have to say that I am throughly disgusted with both Hillary and Obama on this matter. Neither of them had the guts to show up and do the right thing and vote against it!

I'd be careful who you talk to now...it's official, Big Brother is still listening.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

P.S. Just as an FYI, the MSM is now officially lying to us, flat out. MSNBC had a commentator on the Keith Olberman show who said that "Hillary didn't even bother to show up and vote, but McCain and Obama did." McCain voted Yea, but, NEITHER Democrat showed up.
Obama showed up on earlier ammendment votes where the democrats had a chance to change the bill. But they both should have been there all day.

This article aligns with my thoughts on the matter as well as anything.

Glenn Greenwald - Political Blogs and Opinions - Salon

Old 02-13-2008, 08:45 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
VOA News - Democrats Suffer Defeat in House on US Foreign Intelligence Measure (http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-02-14-voa4.cfm - broken link)

Quote:
House Democratic majority leader Steny Hoyer asserted to reporters that even if the foreign intelligence surveillance law expires, Americans will not be in danger and the intelligence community will be able to continue intercepting communications of suspected terrorists.
Ok, so why are they even considering renewing it if they don't need it?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
VOA News - Democrats Suffer Defeat in House on US Foreign Intelligence Measure (http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-02-14-voa4.cfm - broken link)

Ok, so why are they even considering renewing it if they don't need it?
Good question.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:11 PM

The courageous Bush Dog democrats plead with Pelosi to legalize the lawbreaking (http://public.cq.com/docs/cqt/news110-000002667625.html - broken link). These are of course people whom should always be treated with deference and respect.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
It's a matter of how Big of a Brother Americans want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections