Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 PM

328 posts, read 240,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCMale View Post
Do not forget N. Gingrich... Says he has a bunch of good ideas!
I really like Newt's ideas and views...however, he has a lot to be desired as far as ethics/character/morals. Someone mentioned that on a post not too long ago and I did a little bit of research on him....sad but true. Otherwise I'd vote for him in a heartbeat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 10:41 PM

328 posts, read 240,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
Would any Christians/Catholic folk vote for Mitt Romny in 2008??

I am Baptist, not really into the Mormon thing, but think he would be great. I love his "no amnesty for illegal aliens" policy.

Honestly, McCain or Giulliani could be bad.... they are both extremely liberal. Will these guys move the base of the GOP?

How about Tancredo? Anyone think he will run just to put the illegal alien amnesty issue on the table for the 2008 race?

If the GOP doesn't take a hardline stance on illegal immigration, controlling the budget... we will see the 2006 election results repeated. Let's hope illegal take the streets again in protest in 2008 to raise the anger of the American people. I tell you, if the 2006 election was held in May instead of November, the anti-amnesty guys would have swept Congress!!
Great post!

Mitt Romney is probably one of the best candidates, in my opinion. He seems to have his priorities in order and is a sincere person. The mormon aspect will be a downfall for him, in my opinion...a lot of the Christian conservatives are very hesitant when it comes to Mormonism...quite a ways off from the norm. I would still vote for him, probably, but I'm not sure how many others would.

Tancredo doesn't do anything for me...doesn't seem to be trustworthy and that's a very important quality to me. I think the people in America are actually too intelligent to vote in Hillary...I hope.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:21 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCMale View Post
Arnold S. .................
He was not born in the USA, he doesn't qualify for the Presidency.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:28 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
Great post!

Mitt Romney is probably one of the best candidates, in my opinion. He seems to have his priorities in order and is a sincere person. The mormon aspect will be a downfall for him, in my opinion...a lot of the Christian conservatives are very hesitant when it comes to Mormonism...quite a ways off from the norm. I would still vote for him, probably, but I'm not sure how many others would.

Tancredo doesn't do anything for me...doesn't seem to be trustworthy and that's a very important quality to me. I think the people in America are actually too intelligent to vote in Hillary...I hope.
See the problem with Newt Gingrich is name recoginition. Unless you like wtahcing FoxNews or political commentaries, the average joe doesn't know who he is. I agree, Newt is awesome.

The Mormon issue of Mitt Romeny is the tough sell. he is also pro gay-unions, so this causes problems too. Tancredo's strong point is the illegal immigration control and he sells that better than anyone else, as he has been leading the charge against illegals for years (almost 15 years now). I am not sure he'd get on the ticket, but he could RUN, just to get the issue on the table and force candidates to reveal their views on amnesty.

Hillary is a threat, the left-wing media is all for her and Obama. The very far left doesn't like Hiallry, but the rest of the Media is a Hillary/Obama information source. I despite "The View" where pretty much the hard-core left wing of America come to try and influenciate people's votes. Everytime the View is on and you atre flipping channels, all they talk about all day is how great Hillary and Obama are awesome and everyone else is the Devil.

I think the Hillary ticket would lose, as the right would rise up and support anyone but Hillary. The far left would go for Nader (who is anti-war) leading the GOP to the White House again. If Bush were to get the illegal issue resolved and straighetn out Iraq by next year, his popularity would go back up and he could help the next 2008 run for the GOP.

What you think?

Old 12-20-2006, 02:56 PM

46 posts, read 105,255 times
If we were in a nuclear war or world war before then 08, what then? how would the world dynamic evolve?

Old 12-20-2006, 03:14 PM

421 posts, read 348,454 times
Quote:
See the problem with Newt Gingrich is name recoginition. Unless you like wtahcing FoxNews or political commentaries, the average joe doesn't know who he is. I agree, Newt is awesome.

The Mormon issue of Mitt Romeny is the tough sell. he is also pro gay-unions, so this causes problems too. Tancredo's strong point is the illegal immigration control and he sells that better than anyone else, as he has been leading the charge against illegals for years (almost 15 years now). I am not sure he'd get on the ticket, but he could RUN, just to get the issue on the table and force candidates to reveal their views on amnesty.

Hillary is a threat, the left-wing media is all for her and Obama. The very far left doesn't like Hiallry, but the rest of the Media is a Hillary/Obama information source. I despite "The View" where pretty much the hard-core left wing of America come to try and influenciate people's votes. Everytime the View is on and you atre flipping channels, all they talk about all day is how great Hillary and Obama are awesome and everyone else is the Devil.

I think the Hillary ticket would lose, as the right would rise up and support anyone but Hillary. The far left would go for Nader (who is anti-war) leading the GOP to the White House again. If Bush were to get the illegal issue resolved and straighetn out Iraq by next year, his popularity would go back up and he could help the next 2008 run for the GOP.

What you think?

I agree with **** Morris I think this Obama is a flash in the pan, and if he's not the Clinton's will make sure that's what he becomes

It should be interesting to watch, the dems will be interesting to watch then the Republicans.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:50 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,624 times
Like watching Ringling Brothers it will be a fun Circus with the Dems this year. I hope Al gets in on it again. The Preacher is funny IN the debates.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:14 PM

421 posts, read 348,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
Like watching Ringling Brothers it will be a fun Circus with the Dems this year. I hope Al gets in on it again. The Preacher is funny IN the debates.

Al Gore oh yeah, I can only hope. That would be great! I'd love to see that

Old 12-20-2006, 09:18 PM

112 posts, read 69,366 times
Quote:
Would any Christians/Catholic folk vote for Mitt Romny in 2008??

I am Baptist, not really into the Mormon thing, but think he would be great. I love his "no amnesty for illegal aliens" policy.

Honestly, McCain or Giulliani could be bad.... they are both extremely liberal. Will these guys move the base of the GOP?

How about Tancredo? Anyone think he will run just to put the illegal alien amnesty issue on the table for the 2008 race?

If the GOP doesn't take a hardline stance on illegal immigration, controlling the budget... we will see the 2006 election results repeated. Let's hope illegal take the streets again in protest in 2008 to raise the anger of the American people. I tell you, if the 2006 election was held in May instead of November, the anti-amnesty guys would have swept Congress!!
I agree McCain and Giulliani way to liberal for me. All though Giulliani has a way of bringing people together. He did a great Job in NY. I will keep my eye out for Romny.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:40 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuban View Post
I agree McCain and Giulliani way to liberal for me.
I think it says a lot about the current state of politics in this country that a guy like McCain can be seen as "liberal" by so many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections