Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 02:22 PM

20,098 posts, read 16,015,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
More Trump haters and violence against his supporters.

Wonder if the Trump haters on this board ever get the feeling (while watching some of these protesters), that they may be on the wrong side of the issue?
Not anymore than you considered yourself on the wrong side when violence has been perpetrated by Trump supporters.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:24 PM

8,080 posts, read 6,680,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Yes, they hate his supporters. Watch as a Trump supporter makes his way through a group of them on the street in his own home town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWw...yer_detailpage
It's really quite unbelievable how these Hillary inspired, anti white, anti cop savages have taken over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 02:24 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,428,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Growing up in the NYC area I've been hearing Trump's self-serving BS for 30+ years and never saw him as anything other than a carnival huckster and a spoiled little brat. Haven't thought all that much about his supporters other than thinking in a country where so many believe the Kardashians' activities to be relevant you can pretty much sell anything with the right meaningless sound bites.
Finally someone who gets it...Trump is an illusion and Americans are desperate today.

Anyone who's grown up in NYC knows Trump's real history

Old 05-01-2016, 02:31 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,215,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Finally someone who gets it...Trump is an illusion and Americans are desperate today.

Anyone who's grown up in NYC knows Trump's real history
NYC born and raised, 40+years...real history? Yea, know it well. Friends and family, Coworkers. All NYC lifers, all voting Trump. You were saying?

Old 05-01-2016, 02:32 PM

455 posts, read 281,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
First off: I am an Independent, and not a Trump supporter (I voted for Sanders in my state's primary) so don't shower me with abuse, okay?

Okay.

Here's my question for those who feel such loathing for Trump's statements (I specify statements, because all he has done is talk -- he has no political record to analyze): do you believe that all of the millions who have voted for and/or support Trump are as equally evil, racist, and sexist as you believe him to be? Are they unaware of what he stands for? Or are a certain percentage of them just ignorant dupes?

I ask this because the level of loathing for this likely presidential candidate is unprecedented in modern times. It is a frightening prospect to contemplate that level of loathing spilling over onto our fellow citizens who choose to exercise their right to vote for Mr. Trump.

Put simply, for those who seethe with such hatred toward Trump: do you hate those who support him? Or are you able to separate the political opinions of these people from their basic humanity? In other words, from another controversial topic, can you hate the sin but love the sinner?

I've said it once and I'll say it again.

I repect a Trump voter that votes for him because they like celebs or personalities or because they want a non politician.

If a conservative says they are voting for Trump because of policy I stop them and call them a moron. He has no policy and goes with whatever he wants to at that moment in time. There is nothing conservative about him. So when I hear conservatives say I'm backing him on policy I just have to call them out.

Like I said though, if your voting for him because he's a celeb or his personality or because he's not a politician I can respect that.

Conservatives say they don't like hollywood or celebs, they like them as much as the left.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:34 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,543,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
First off: I am an Independent, and not a Trump supporter (I voted for Sanders in my state's primary) so don't shower me with abuse, okay?

Okay.

Here's my question for those who feel such loathing for Trump's statements (I specify statements, because all he has done is talk -- he has no political record to analyze): do you believe that all of the millions who have voted for and/or support Trump are as equally evil, racist, and sexist as you believe him to be? Are they unaware of what he stands for? Or are a certain percentage of them just ignorant dupes?

I ask this because the level of loathing for this likely presidential candidate is unprecedented in modern times. It is a frightening prospect to contemplate that level of loathing spilling over onto our fellow citizens who choose to exercise their right to vote for Mr. Trump.

Put simply, for those who seethe with such hatred toward Trump: do you hate those who support him? Or are you able to separate the political opinions of these people from their basic humanity? In other words, from another controversial topic, can you hate the sin but love the sinner?
Trump is fool's gold.

If you voted for Sanders...well, that doesn't say much for you, is all I'm going to say.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
NYC born and raised, 40+years...real history? Yea, know it well. Friends and family, Coworkers. All NYC lifers, all voting Trump. You were saying?
I'm referring to how he got rich

Quote:
" It is critical to note, however, that his father’s success, which granted Donald Trump such a great advantage, was enabled and buffered by governmental financing programs. In 1934, while struggling during the Great Depression, financing from the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) allowed Fred Trump to revive his business and begin building a multitude of homes in Brooklyn, selling at $6,000 apiece. Furthermore, throughout World War II, Fred Trump constructed FHA-backed housing for US naval personnel near major shipyards along the East Coast."
Exposing How Donald Trump Really Made His Fortune: Inheritance from Dad and the Government's Protection Mostly Did the Trick | Alternet

Trump's father got rich due to GOVERNMENT MONEY. He was dead broke but thanks to GOVERNMENT money, he became rich while also becoming the largest slumlord in NYC.

Quote:
"All told, Jerome Tuccill notes in Trump: The Saga of America’s Most Powerful Real Estate Baron, New York State put up 90 percent of the funding to erect Trump Village. An eventual review by the State Investigations Commission after it was complete revealed that Fred exaggerated the costs of construction by renting equipment at inflated prices from a company he owned and by distorting the purchasing price of the property. The commission estimated Fred skimmed $1,850,000 off the state in the deal, equivalent to more than $14 million today when adjusted for inflation. Investigators sent their findings to the Brooklyn district attorney’s office, but charges were never filed."
Trump received preferential treatment from Ed Koch, the mayor of NYC at the time, who was very good friend with Fred Trump. At the time, governor Cuomo and Beame funneled government cash to help Trump build his buildings because NYC was a dump at that time.

Quote:
"When the Trump Golf Links in Ferry Point, Bronx, opened in April, the city’s Independent Budget Office estimated that $230 million in public subsidies had been poured into the project. It’s unclear exactly what taxpayers get out of the investment, except that Trump will manage the site. He was supposed to build a children’s park nearby, though as of July, when the New York Times investigated, it did not have bathrooms or much playground equipment beyond a slide. Since 2004, Trump Tower in Midtown has been receiving tax breaks on its commercial real estate that will eventually total $163.8 million by the time they expire next year, the conservative National Review reported in August.

The developer’s dependence on government generosity goes back to his earliest Manhattan ventures in the 1970s. By leveraging his father’s political connections, this time with Mayor Abraham Beame, Trump secured building rights on rail yards owned by the bankrupt Penn Central Transportation Company along Midtown’s western shore from 59th to 72nd Street and to the Hotel Commodore above Grand Central Terminal on 42nd Street. Trump eventually built Trump City (since renamed Riverside South by new owners) on the west side with millions in public subsidies and received a 40-year tax abatement worth $400 million to transform the Commodore into a Grand Hyatt."

https://indypendent.org/2015/10/08/b...eally-got-rich
Trump's success is a Gatsby like-illusion

Old 05-01-2016, 02:36 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,951,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I don't hate his followers, although I do find it frustrating at times to talk to some of them. You can show them proof that he lies, proof that he flip flops, proof that he does the very thing he rails against, proof that he is the establishment, and they just don't care or pretend like they don't understand. They only care that their version of the American Dream isn't turning out like they want, so they just want to elect someone who they can say is not a politican. I feel most of them are willing to cut off their nose to spite their face, which would be fine except they are cutting my nose off along with theirs.
He is most definitely not part of the establishment. The extent of the resistance he drew from the beginning by leftist corporate Zionist media, NY Daily News, NY Times, Washington Post, etc., is unprecedented in the history of the country.

"Because he's an outsider, he's not them, he's not part of the club, he's uncontrollable, he hasn't been through the initiation rites, he didn't belong to the secret society. And I think that they don't see him...they have no idea how to relate to him."
-Newt Gingrich, speaking about Trump on Fox News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFGxfAGCI4c

Old 05-01-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
"He's an outsider, he's not them, he's not part of the club, he's uncontrollable, he hasn't been through the initiation rites, he didn't belong to the secret society. They have no idea how to relate to him." -Newt Gingrich, speaking about Trump on Fox News
It's all empty rhetoric. They said the same thing about Jimmy Carter and he was a disaster.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:39 PM

20,098 posts, read 16,015,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
He is most definitely not part of the establishment. The extent of the resistance he drew from the beginning by leftist corporate Zionist media, NY Daily News, NY Times, Washington Post, etc., is unprecedented in the history of the country.

"He's an outsider, he's not them, he's not part of the club, he's uncontrollable, he hasn't been through the initiation rites, he didn't belong to the secret society. They have no idea how to relate to him." -Newt Gingrich, speaking about Trump on Fox News
He was on the check writing side of the equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections