Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 07:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
The only thing that explains Trump's rise is how uneducated, gullible, and dumb the people of this country is.
country are....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 07:53 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Adam Carolla makes a lot of good points, I really like what Ted Cruz says a lot more, but if Trump is the candidate, I will vote for him. The one thing that bothers me the most about Trump is when he brings up China. Trump says he is going to put Tariffs, "A tax imposed on imported goods and services".

Everyone needs to understand, all of you will be paying the tariffs taxes, the corporations will just pass the extra cost of a product to the consumer. The Apple iphone will never be built in the USA, because it will cost $2000.00 dollars for each phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApvRpI6wcyo
Steve Jobs tried forever to build Apple products in California - he learned that the bureaucratic there would not allow it. He was forced to move offshore. There is no doubt about our trade imbalance with China.

We can do better. Perhaps the California Way is not the best American Way.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:58 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
country are....

LOL, were you attempting to correct the poster's grammar? If so, then you should have done it properly instead of merely changing the tense of the preposition. Proper tense makes no difference if the sentence structure is still incorrect.

The only thing that explains Trump's rise is how uneducated, gullible, and dumb the people are in this country.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
LOL, were you attempting to correct the poster's grammar? If so, then you should have done it properly instead of merely changing the tense of the preposition. Proper tense makes no difference if the sentence structure is still incorrect.
You obviously gave more care than I.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:01 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
The only thing that explains Trump's rise is how uneducated, gullible, and dumb the people of this country is. Carolla himself is a perfect example...he dosen't even have a high school diploma yet hes giving out socio-political advice about how Trump is some kind of genius yet Carolla has no idea what he's talking about

College degree doesn't equal intelligence........I know a lot of people with a college degree that are dumb as rocks with not common sense.

I know people with just a H.S. diploma that are very intelligent about life and decisions. They read a lot and know how to read people and know how to react under pressure.

Just because a public college gave you a diploma at taxpayers expense to fill their quotas and keep the sheeps in and sheeps out like a process factory doesn't make you intelligent.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:03 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You obviously gave more care than I.
Could be.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:07 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I have been considering taking up sewing so I can make my own clothes. I wouldn't mind paying a little more.

I don't think it's such great idea. Your China clothes will look like designer clothes LOL

Maybe you should take up electronics and build your own phone too.

Freedom clothes, Freedom phones, freedom Trump

Old 05-02-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
With electronics, people don't keep the old models because they become outdated. You can no longer get parts or programs for them. The connectors change. They aren't compatible with your new electronics.

It used to be that you bought a TV and it lasted for 30 years -- but no more. Two years max, then there is something new.
Many TVs can last longer but people are not willing to pay to get them fixed because it is expensive to fix them. Many times when they break you just need to replace a few parts and that's it. The parts are not really expensive, it's the labor.

We had one of those big black and white tvs and they break too.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
The only thing that explains Trump's rise is how uneducated, gullible, and dumb the people of this country is. Carolla himself is a perfect example...he dosen't even have a high school diploma yet hes giving out socio-political advice about how Trump is some kind of genius yet Carolla has no idea what he's talking about
I admire Carolla's consistency. He has always been an idiot. What can we expect from an MTV celebrity?

Old 05-02-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Many TVs can last longer but people are not willing to pay to get them fixed because it is expensive to fix them. Many times when they break you just need to replace a few parts and that's it. The parts are not really expensive, it's the labor.

We had one of those big black and white tvs and they break too.
Most could fix their own television today if they would take 20 minutes on the internet. Most everything is plug and unplug and as I noted before, there really isn't much to them and parts are as you note, inexpensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections