Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 07:23 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times

Advertisements

GOP got in line behind Trump since I posted this

Old 11-14-2016, 07:24 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The last time I checked, someone with a high school diploma's vote counts just as much as someone's that has a master's degree. One vote isn't valued more than the other. Because someone doesn't have a college degree, it does not make them less of a human being. It does not determine how hard working the person is. It does not determine a person's common sense. It does not determine how much that person values family and country. It does not determine how much that person contributes their personal time to charity or how well they raise their children.
This ... it's about time we ditched the entitlement mentality and got back to hard work. And that goes for all people regardless of political persuasion.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:37 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Considering that in this election the Democratic Party put up an establishment politician that believes in "free trade" deals with Asian countries which will be a financial loss to the United States before the ink on the paper is even dry AND wants to flood the country with massive amounts of cheap labor - I would say the real uneducated voters were the ones who voted for Hillary Clinton.
Good point.

Though many Trump supporters are indeed college educated many that are not are still highly trained in their field and even earn more Than A college educated counterparts.

Last edited by bluesjuke; 11-14-2016 at 08:23 AM..

Old 11-14-2016, 08:56 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Thought it was interesting that the number one thing a vast majority of Trump supporters have in common is no higher education experience. Given that this year's campaign language is at a 60 year low in terms of grammatical complexity, it might be appropriate to rename the Republican Party to the Party of 4th Graders. They scream, they shout, they don't listen.

Who Are Donald Trump's Supporters? - The Atlantic
One thing that you and the media should have learned from this election is: Ridicule is not the most potent weapon.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:12 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Keep thinking that way Dems...

Who should people listen to? Those who are "educated", that basically got EVERYTHING wrong in this election?

Give me a break... keep fooling yourselves

They cheated in the primaries and got their hand picked candidate to run against and they LOSE.... and they are the educated ones. LOL

And they cant even learn from their mistakes. How well did education serve them if they cannot put these pieces together? Its almost like basic addition and they can't figure it out, even after their colossal failure. What is there to respect about that? Its an embarrassment to educational institutions that they turned out "elites" who cannot grasp basic concepts.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:17 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
It doesn't really matter. Education isn't a prerequisite for being able to vote. They get one just like everyone else.

Education isn't a prerequisite for intelligence, either. I'm a two-year business college graduate who voted for Trump, and who lives in a small town/rural setting (because I choose to).

Old 11-14-2016, 09:22 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Shhhhh, they think they are sooper smaht. You'll hurt some feelings.

Mick
No shhhhhhsh yourself. They may be seeing that liberals such as yourself (and a multitude of your fellow liberals) are still using the racist, sexist, homophobic, illiterate neanderthal cards and have learned exactly nothing from this election. Which makes YOU all sooooper stuuuupid.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:26 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The last time I checked, someone with a high school diploma's vote counts just as much as someone's that has a master's degree. One vote isn't valued more than the other. Because someone doesn't have a college degree, it does not make them less of a human being. It does not determine how hard working the person is. It does not determine a person's common sense. It does not determine how much that person values family and country. It does not determine how much that person contributes their personal time to charity or how well they raise their children.
I cannot rep you again, so I will do it here. I so agree with this post.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:29 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,898 times
The college degree is over rated. I have 3 degrees, and laugh at the idiot liberals who think having a degree makes them smart. Many of these degrees are in liberal arts, pretty worthless in my opinion. I know an equal number of people who don't have degrees and equal smart or smarter. Most of the small business owners I know don't have degrees, but have good ideas and lots of elbow grease. I voted for Trump, and know 100 people with degrees who voted for Trump...so not sure what the point of this thread.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:39 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Will any of you ever get it? Telling people they are stupid doesn't work. And thinking you are intelligent just because you have a degree is quite obtuse.

If you do not like the F word then don't watch this video. But if you are liberal and can get past the cursing you need to watch it.

Jonathan Pie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections