Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2016, 06:50 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,677,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
...YouTubers? There are like 40 million black citizens in this country. What kind of evidence of support is that?
It's antidotal and hardly scientific evidence but something Jeb Bush and Cruz certainty weren't getting.

My point is I won't be surprised if we see more support coming Trumps way from Black communities around the country where job creation is strong selling point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 06:58 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,354,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
What Nevada showed about Trump's Hispanic support - and what it didn't

When it comes to the Latino voting bloc, one thing is clear: it's not monolithic. They went Democratic for Obama in 2012 (71%).

But George W. Bush garnered 44% of the Hispanic vote in 2004 -- the best showing ever for a Republican.

There are Cuban-Americans in the mix who tend to be Republican and conservative, Puerto Ricans who have recently moved to Florida voting Democratic and Mexican-Americans who are all over the place ... just to name a few.

In the end, it's probably too early for Trump to say that he's "No. 1 with Hispanics."

But it's also too early to say that he's not, in spite of the anti-immigrant rhetoric that has alienated a significant portion of this voting bloc.

Did Nevada really show Trump has solid Hispanic support? - CNNPolitics.com
It's never too early to say he's not #1 with Hispanics--it's the height of idiocy to even suggest that.

16% of Hispanics in Nevada are registered Republicans. The rest are registered Democrats (55%) or Independents (29%).

Trump won less than half that 16% total, which means that 93% of the Latino vote went to someone other than him. Sounds about right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Since the source of my link did not meet your journalistic standards here's the audio tape of her interview on the case, complete with giggling, cackling and bragging about her handling of the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2f13f2awK4
She clearly laughs about the unreliable nature of the polygraphs, not the alleged rape of a 12-year old child.

I apologize to Perez Hilton for equating his credibility to this right-wing garbage.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,677,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
It's never too early to say he's not #1 with Hispanics--it's the height of idiocy to even suggest that.

When Trump said he was "No. 1 with Hispanics," he was referring to entrance polls showing that among Hispanic Republicans who participated in Tuesday's Nevada caucuses, 45% voted for him, compared to 27% for Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Cuban-American; and 18% for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, also a Cuban-American.

For a candidate who accused Mexicans immigrants of being "rapists" and "killers" and has repeatedly promised that he will build a wall between Mexico and the United States (a promise he reiterated Tuesday saying Mexico will pay for it), winning Hispanics was indeed a significant victory.

Did Nevada really show Trump has solid Hispanic support? - CNNPolitics.com

Old 05-04-2016, 07:08 AM

27,539 posts, read 15,944,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
How does Trump get elected when he calls Mexicans rapists?

How does Trump get elected when he calls women fat, ugly, disgusting pigs and worse? Do you know that at Trump rallies, they sell Hillary pins that liken her to KFC but with fat thighs and small breasts?

Women are 51% of the population. I realize Trump has some wildly devoted women supporters of a certain demographic, but do you think women outside of that demographic would ever vote for him? Trump seems to think women are only of value if they are half naked on a stage. He's already traded in two wives and is on his third. He likened his love life as his own personal Vietnam (since he got out of Vietnam with a bone spur).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmhK8G--7c
last i checked mexicans are mexicans and not supposed to vote in our elections. And Rosie O does not qualify as a woman.. Come on get some new material.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:15 AM

1,184 posts, read 714,360 times
There are 40% of eligible voters that dont go out and vote. Trump will get them to come out. He energized this party with new voters. I'm feeling Trump will win NY, NJ, and CA. Historic red and blue states will be redefined in this election.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:16 AM

58,421 posts, read 26,762,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
How does Trump get elected when he calls Mexicans rapists?

How does Trump get elected when he calls women fat, ugly, disgusting pigs and worse? Do you know that at Trump rallies, they sell Hillary pins that liken her to KFC but with fat thighs and small breasts?

Women are 51% of the population. I realize Trump has some wildly devoted women supporters of a certain demographic, but do you think women outside of that demographic would ever vote for him? Trump seems to think women are only of value if they are half naked on a stage. He's already traded in two wives and is on his third. He likened his love life as his own personal Vietnam (since he got out of Vietnam with a bone spur).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmhK8G--7c
He did NOT call ALL Mexicans rapists.

He did call A fat woman fat, ugly and a disgusting pig. Not I did NOT say he called ALL women, just Rosey.

"they sell Hillary pins that liken her to KFC but with fat thighs and small breasts? '

Why is it that you DON' like the truth?

She has been called "Thunder Thighs" for decades.

" I realize" that you are a bleeding heart dem and will twist everything said to defend your candidate.

I'd bet you NEVER defended one single repub in your life.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
he wasnt a republican to begin with.
"he wasnt a republican to begin with"

BUT, he is NOW.

Many politicians change parties when the parties change their ideals. It is NOTHING new.

I have noticed though, that it seem MANY MORE dems change to repubs then the other way around.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Millions of women don't like Trump. They are not "undecided." They actually have made a decision and that decision was "nope, don't like him."

It's very hard to change "absolutely not" to "yes."
"Millions of women don't like Trump." So what?

Millions of women DO like Trump and have voted for him.

In some states he has gotten over 50% of the woman vote.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:26 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,367,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
The percentage of black voters in proportion to the population was greater than whites in 2012. If those numbers turn out again like that at that rate, 90-95 Clinton, Trump is done.
OK. So there are more Black people in SC than there was in 2012. I'm not sure about that, but lets go with it. SC will still vote Red.

Case Closed.

BTW, Hillary Clinton is no Bill Clinton.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:29 AM

Vanity Fair, Politico. If you believe ANYTHING what they say on politics, I have a bridge for sale for you.

So NOW you believe what a leader of the KKK says.

Now THAT must be a FIRST!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections