Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 09:30 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times

Advertisements

It seems (based on polls) that African Americans overwhelmingly think Hillary is the better choice.

What is Hillary's secret with the African American community? She must really have done a lot for African Americans.

Which of Hillary Clintons policy positions really look to help African Americans if she is president?

And what about Trump for African Americans? It seems they think he would really hurt them badly. Would a president Trump really hurt African Americans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 09:32 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
Both could care less.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:34 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,836 times
She's a democrat. Last I heard, 70+% of the AA community votes consistently for democratic candidates.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:35 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
She's a democrat. Last I heard, 70+% of the AA community vote consistently for democratic candidates.
It's 90+% ... only 70 percent of the black vote would be a catastrophe for a Democratic candidate. Do you think Trump can peel off 20 percent or so of the black vote? Some are saying he could.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
It's 90+% ... only 70 percent of the black vote would be a catastrophe for a Democratic candidate. Do you think Trump can peel off 20 percent or so of the black vote? Some are saying he could.
Trump's unfavorables with blacks are higher than his unfavorables with Hispanics. Sad!

Old 05-04-2016, 09:39 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
I'm not African American , so it's impossible for me to answer from that perspective.

I could see Trump appealing to African Americans because he seems to want to treat them like everyone else.
Also he hasn't totally ignored them like other Republicans. I know he's been saying he's going to be great for the African American community because unemployment is a huge problem for them and that he's going to make sure they get jobs.

Jobs is something Trump knows , he has over 22,000 employees.
He's created all those jobs and positions.

Nobody else running in this election can say the same.

He also also has Black executives in his organization.

In terms of women , he has more female execs than male it's been reported and apparently they get paid more too..
Attorney: Trump Companies Employ More Female Execs Than Male | The Daily Caller

While Hillary talks about "equal pay for equal work" Trump is actually DOING it .

This is what people respect about him.

Overall I think Trump's philosophy is more , you do good for the entire country and everyone will benefit.
Hillary compartmentalizes things more into catering or speaking to different demographics.
"I'm going to do X for women, I'm going to do Y for African Americans, etc"

Old 05-04-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Ok. So it sounds like Clinton is the candidate that has the African Americans backs.

80-90% is a big number. What positions of hers are so great for the AA community?

Hillary has been a major influence in D.C. for over 20 years. What has she accomplished for the African American community, that 80-90% will vote for her in November?

Old 05-04-2016, 09:48 AM

i wonder what Trump can do to help his numbers with the A.A. Community.

I see some pundits right now on CNN (Van Jones, Angela Rye) - they say Trump is no good for African Americans, they say definitely no. But they won't say why.

I have heard Trump call Black Lives Matter a joke and a bunch of trouble makers. Trump did say that. Maybe that is his problem.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm not African American , so it's impossible for me to answer from that perspective.

I could see Trump appealing to African Americans because he seems to want to treat them like everyone else.
Also he hasn't totally ignored them like other Republicans. I know he's been saying he's going to be great for the African American community because unemployment is a huge problem for them and that he's going to make sure they get jobs.

Jobs is something Trump knows , he has over 22,000 employees.
He's created all those jobs and positions.

Nobody else running in this election can say the same.

He also also has Black executives in his organization.

In terms of women , he has more female execs than male it's been reported and apparently they get paid more too..
Attorney: Trump Companies Employ More Female Execs Than Male | The Daily Caller

While Hillary talks about "equal pay for equal work" Trump is actually DOING it .

This is what people respect about him.

Overall I think Trump's philosophy is more , you do good for the entire country and everyone will benefit.
Hillary compartmentalizes things more into catering or speaking to different demographics.
"I'm going to do X for women, I'm going to do Y for African Americans, etc"
You realize that Trump was sued and lost by the Justice Department for refusing to sell his real estate to black people? You make the point that Trump employs black people...but who dosen't in this day and age?

Old 05-04-2016, 09:52 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Sadly, a very large majority will see (D) and that will conclude any "critical thinking".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections