Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 10:00 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
INFLUENTIAL DEMOCRATIC CONSULTANTS, some of whom work for the Super PACs backing Hillary Clinton, have signed up to fight a bold initiative to create a state-based single-payer system in Colorado, according to a state filing posted Monday.

The filing reveals that the anti-single-payer group has retained the services of Global Strategy Group, a Democratic consulting firm that has served a variety of congressional candidates and is currently advising Priorities USA Action, one of the Super PACs backing Clinton’s bid for the presidency.

[MOD CUT/copyright violation]
https://theintercept.com/2016/05/03/...yer-dems-colo/

This is the future Hillary promises us. The health care industry controlling the health care policy and war corporations controlling the foreign policy. Big money pouring into the political process in order to defeat the will of the people and increase their profits.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-04-2016 at 04:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 10:12 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
https://theintercept.com/2016/05/03/...yer-dems-colo/

This is the future Hillary promises us. The health care industry controlling the health care policy and war corporations controlling the foreign policy. Big money pouring into the political process in order to defeat the will of the people and increase their profits.
Yes, smart Coloradans, Democrats as well as Republicans, know that amending our state constitution and DOUBLING our state budget for "free" healthcare isn't going to work. You are free to try such a crazy experiment in your own state but we don't want it to ruin ours.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:16 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes, smart Coloradans, Democrats as well as Republicans, know that amending our state constitution and DOUBLING our state budget for "free" healthcare isn't going to work. You are free to try such a crazy experiment in your own state but we don't want it to ruin ours.
Ah Democratic values, but not in my backyard.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:16 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,262 times
Universal health care cannot work without cost controls...there isnt a country on this earth that has universal health care that dosent have cost controls...that's ultimately why this model is un-workable

Old 05-04-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
The crazy experiment is a for-profit health care system that is considered a disgrace in all other countries in the world. Nobody is saying universal health care is free. That is just a republican talking point, but not surprising coming from you who hate taxes and love political corruption. Corporate democrats with the drug and insurance industry as their financial overlords do not support universal health care and their lies need to be exposed.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Nobody is saying universal health care is free. That is just a republican talking point, but not surprising coming from you. The corporate democrats with the drug and insurance industry as their financial overlords do not support universal health care and their lies need to be exposed.
Do you live in Colorado? Have you read the proposed proposition? I do and I have and I know that this isn't a feasible plan. It's not even an argument about whether single payer (NOT synonymous with universal health care, by the way) is good or bad. It's that THIS plan is bad.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:24 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,236 times
Quote:

It's clear you haven't studied nor understand the eventuality of the healthcare insurance industry. It was a short term gift to re-inflate the insurance companies. All healthcare will eventually----in the not to distant future---be socialized, single-payer. The law of mathematics and the pseudo-science of economics virtually guarantees it.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
It's clear you haven't studied nor understand the eventuality of the healthcare insurance industry. It was a short term gift to re-inflate the insurance companies. All healthcare will eventually----in the not to distant future---be socialized, single-payer. The law of mathematics and the pseudo-science of economics virtually guarantees it.
to the extent this happens, it will not be on a state-by-state basis. "The law of mathematics and the pseudo-science of economics guarantees it" - no "virtually" needed.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Do you live in Colorado? Have you read the proposed proposition? I do and I have and I know that this isn't a feasible plan. It's not even an argument about whether single payer (NOT synonymous with universal health care, by the way) is good or bad. It's that THIS plan is bad.
I have read the outline of the plan and it is a disgrace that the big money interests are pouring money into the political system through leading democrats who are paid off by the same big money interests. Just in order to crowd out the will of the people. Let the people decide whether they want a compassionate health care system where the size of your wallet doesnt decide who lives or dies or a system geared towards profits instead of care.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:31 AM

1,260 posts, read 2,044,151 times
Quote:
Agreed. There is a discussion in Colorado forum, and these are some of the concerns: constitution amendment and huge monetary scale of this measure.
I'm a Democrat and still on a fence about this. It will be a huge hit to my family's budget, because we are dual income family with 1 W-2 and 1 self-employed earner. The math looks a bit ugly for us, but I would still considering voting for this measure: I see some positives in it. I will have to do a lot of research before November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections