Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 07:24 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
My defense of Hillary includes numerous state and national polls that have her comfortably ahead. Not to mention the obvious demographic advantages she has in a hypothetical matchup vs Trump.

Your defense is "I see a lot of Trump signs wherever I go".

If you were truly not worried about Trump; you would not be posting. But you obviously are worried because you are spending almost every minute of the day telling us that it will not happen. What we have seen is that you and your friends said that Trump would not win and here we are; he is the last one standing after the Primary. Trump won one state after another while you said his last win would be his last.

Regardless of what the polls show today; he will catch up and beat Hillary in November. Perhaps you better find a better candidate to go after Trump in 2020? But, if Trump makes good on his promises; 2020 might be a tough year for you!

Old 05-05-2016, 08:01 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Wasn't it mm4 who said Bernie would carry Manhattan because he saw more Bernie signs than Hillary signs? How'd that on the ground reporting work out?

You can't be serious.
Obama carried NC in 2008 due to the significant support that he got in Asheville, a hotbed if liberalism. I'm not seeing or hearing the same support for Hillary, however I am seeing many indicators that Trump has alot of support here.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:23 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Then you have no defense. Polls for 6 months in the future are meaningless. This means you can't address Hillary on jobs, capital cronyism, bought & paid for by wall street, war mongering, obamacare, etc etc etc.

I only mention Trump signs in passing. If you want to compare Hillary vs Trump on anything I'll be glad to. But I notice that you don't like to do such. Bottom line. The middle/working class has abandoned Hillary Clinton. She is facing landslide losses. That is, if she is even nominated. She's still trying to fight off the communist. This speaks to how weak her support is, within what's left of her own party.
Actually the polls do have meaning--as of right now, Hillary is more popular with Americans than Donald Trump, and would trounce him in a general election.

The polls are meaningless only in the sense that public sentiment can change between now and November, which gives Trump time to turn things around (or sink further in the abyss). But as of right now, the polls are demonstrating quite clearly that your "working/middle class has abandoned Hillary" argument is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:46 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Polls for 6 months in the future are meaningless.
Then why are you in this thread right now? You were just celebrating Trump beating Hillary in that phony Rasmussen poll a week ago weren't you? Thought they dont matter this far out?

Trump followers in Feb-General election polls 9 months out are meaningless
Trump followers in Mar-General election polls 8 months out are meaningless
Trump followers in April-General election polls 7 months out are...oh wait! What? Rasmussen poll shows Trump ahead of Hillary by 3 points! Trump is going to crush Hillary in Nov!!
Trump followers in May-General election polls 6 months out are meaningless

Im sure you can guess how June-Oct will go right?

Old 05-05-2016, 09:49 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Then why are you in this thread right now? You were just celebrating Trump beating Hillary in that phony Rasmussen poll a week ago weren't you? Thought they dont matter this far out?

Trump followers in Feb-General election polls 9 months out are meaningless
Trump followers in Mar-General election polls 8 months out are meaningless
Trump followers in April-General election polls 7 months out are...oh wait! What? Rasmussen poll shows Trump ahead of Hillary by 3 points! Trump is going to crush Hillary in Nov!!
Trump followers in May-General election polls 6 months out are meaningless

Im sure you can guess how June-Oct will go right?
They don't, so you can stop posting them.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:52 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
They don't, so you can stop posting them.
why are you in this thread then? This thread is about polls Just trolling?

Old 05-06-2016, 07:38 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Then why are you in this thread right now?
Topic is not about me. But it doesn't mean I can't discuss the polls which is what I'm doing.

Polls for 6 months in the future are meaningless as to what will happen in 6 months. Polls at the beginning of the election season last summer said that JEB would be the nominee.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:44 AM

754 posts, read 485,930 times
North Carolina - Civitas (R)
Clinton 49
Trump 37

The "swing state" of North Carolina not looking much like a swing state at the moment.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5538.html

Old 05-06-2016, 08:45 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Clinton 49
Trump 37

The "swing state" of North Carolina not looking much like a swing state at the moment.
Isn't what you just posted the very definition of a swing state?

i.e. Bush -> Obama -> Romney -> Clinton.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:47 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,973,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Clinton 49
Trump 37

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - North Carolina: Trump vs. Clinton
Yes!!!!! Hope Hillary wins North Carolina!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections