Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 01:53 AM

23,206 posts, read 29,014,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well, Kris---I'm of Hispanic descent and am voting for Trump. Hispanics are not a monolith who all want amnesty and open borders. Nor do they all vote in lockstep with La Raza.

It's very naive of you to assume that no Hispanics will vote for Trump.
I tell my idiotic Hillary-loving Mexican roommate, with a Green Card: You can hardly find enough work to pay the rent every month, and if you send the illegals back to Mexico & Central America, you'll have more work than you'll know what to do with!

I would guess that the most intelligent Mexican-Americans will vote Trump!

Hillary? She'll keep up to 10 doors wide open for more immigrants to come to the country!

Old 05-31-2016, 02:17 AM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The Mexican judge remark was the final straw. It screams to Hispanics that no matter your success, to men like Trump you are a Mexican first and your accomplishments will always be suspect. Trump does the same with Blacks with his birther talk and with women by dismissing people like Martinez and Warren and ridiculing Fiorina for her looks. All of these groups are paying attention and will not be voting for Mr. Bigot/Racist/Misogynist come November.
Okay, here's the thing. I don't know your ethnic background but let's assume it's Irish. If someone were talking about you and mentioned that you were Irish, how would you view that? Would you say that you will always be seen as Irish first and your accomplishments will always be suspect?

If you think that no Hispanics will vote for Trump---think again.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:16 AM

455 posts, read 283,250 times
ive said it before, i'll say it again.

if trump doesn't up his numbers among blacks and hispanics he'll have no chance.

conservatives downplayed the black vote in 2012 and blacks turned up to vote at a greater proportion to the population than whites. hispanics came out as well.

its been proven two times recently, you dont win with white males anymore.

2016 will be no different if the numbers stay the same

Old 05-31-2016, 04:04 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,972,421 times
New York poll

52 Clinton
31 Trump

Cuomo viewed as ethical by most New Yorkers in 1st poll since subpoenas | syracuse.com

Old 05-31-2016, 04:17 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
ive said it before, i'll say it again.

if trump doesn't up his numbers among blacks and hispanics he'll have no chance.

conservatives downplayed the black vote in 2012 and blacks turned up to vote at a greater proportion to the population than whites. hispanics came out as well.

its been proven two times recently, you dont win with white males anymore.

2016 will be no different if the numbers stay the same
Polling indicates he beating Romney among blacks, but losing to Romney among whites.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:28 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
And Trump supporters watching MSNBC. Mick
Who watches any cable "news"? Hillary supporters? You?

Old 05-31-2016, 06:41 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
It's funny how you got so mad and defensive simply because I insinuated you were racist due to the possibility of you being a old white male...Yet you had no problem when Trump does the same routinely with all other groups of people:

"The judge is hostile because he may be Mexican"

There is no reason for Trump to bring up the judge's ethnicity other than to insinuate to his abysmally simple minded followers that he's only doing it because he's Mexican

The GOP has played this game for years...Obama might be a Muslim...Obama may have been born in Kenya. This goes back to the Lee Atwater/Karl Rovian tactics. They know they can't up and say racist things so they insinuate it because they know their voting base will get the message and eat it all up.

You were stereotyping about a whole group of citizens in this country. Why shouldn't I get upset with you insinuating that I am a racist when clearly I'm not. Trump has never done what you are claiming either. Here, chomp on this for awhile. I'm sure you'll still find a way to pull the race card though.

Trump aide defends bringing up judge's 'Mexican' heritage

Old 05-31-2016, 06:53 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So much for the oft-heard meme here on C-D that Hispanics are starting to fall in line behind Trump.
In reading your topic, I don't see much here that is good for Hillary. Of note, it says that she has significantly less support than Obama for the same polled demographic.

And even more damaging, 1 in 4 latinos "will" be voting for Trump. This is significantly more than even you stated he would get.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:35 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,110,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who watches any cable "news"? Hillary supporters? You?
As I find the right wing blogs to be completely devoid of facts, I regretfully am compelled to watch a cable news outlet called CNN to find out what's going on in this world.

Mick

Old 05-31-2016, 11:40 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think singling out Trump shows some of your own bias. Do you honestly believe that you know what Hillary stands for? How often does she change her stances? She says whatever she thinks will get her more votes. She was for NAFTA before she was against it. Same with the keystone pipeline, charter schools, Iran's "right" to enrich uranium, etc. Since Bernie got into the race, she has become as "flexible" as Trump.

It's just not as "in your face" because she is a career politician and she is so well versed in the Patomac Two-Step she should be on dancing with the stars.

It was a good post, and deflecting from it with the anti Trump rhetoric was counterproductive.

I hope you have a good Memorial Day as well.
My compliments on your post as well, and good call!

Hard to really tell where critical thinking ends and bias begins, since we are all called upon to consider the BS that comes from all directions and then decide as we will. Is that simply sound critical thinking or bias? I suppose that depends largely on your own critical thinking skills and/or bias, which in itself poses something of a critical thinking challenge perhaps for another thread in the philosophy category...

However, I suppose I tend to assume "people know me by now," at least those who have read a few of my comments in these threads, at least enough to know I fully recognize that no candidate is innocent of all manner of what we might just call politics, all the "good, bad and ugly." No question.

I made that comment about striving for truth and then threw in that little dig on Trump mostly to have some fun and maybe with the thought that if a good post is followed with an anti-Trump dig, maybe the entire comment will be considered a little more than average, including my thumbs down for Trump.

Fact is, the truth is..., I have considered all the "good, bad and ugly" when it comes to Hillary or Trump, and there is an awful lot of all to consider when it comes to either candidate. Not all good, not all bad, but more right vs wrong in my opinion when it comes to the choice between Hillary rather than Trump.

No need to hammer out those details or particulars beyond what most people have the inclination or patience to do, but all considered, Hillary beats Trump according to my evaluation, hands down no question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections