Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 12:01 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There is a contradiction. You describe yourself as live and let live. Not as someone who judges people, but as someone who doesn't judge people, but instead, prefers to live and let live.

Being pro-woman means respecting other women and the choices other women make.

Your view of what being pro-woman means is, first of all, completely off the mark, and secondly, self-serving.
You appear to be confused on what "live and let live" means. Definition time:

Live and let live - Idioms by The Free Dictionary

"Cliché not to interfere with other people's business or preferences"

"believing that other people should be allowed to live their lives in the way that they want to"

As I explained in my previous post, given I don't "interfere" with "other peoples business or preferences" with my views, and truly ""believing that other people should be allowed to live their lives in the way that they want to" as I previously stated, just stating my view/opinion, I'm still practicing "live and let live".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 12:03 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Sooooo, he's not broke. Your post is a fail...as usual.k
You guys are getting desperate, gotta love it. You in particular, so angry and insulting all the time. The epic meltdown that is coming will be so much fun to watch. Remember our interactions in the future when it happens, that emptiness and nausea will be just the beginning. Have a nice day, you won't have many soon enough...
I don't know if he's broke or not and neither do you. That one post lays out compelling reasons why he might be.

From what I understand, no one gets audited every year unless they've been caught doing something illegal. Not even the richest people in this country. He needs to release his taxes.

I'll go even further than that. Congress needs to pass a law forcing Presidential candidates to release their taxes. This way, the public can see how trustworthy they are or not.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:10 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
As for trump, he doesn't tout the woman card/base his campaign on it. hillary's campaign in my view is all about that. And trump is again free to pick that apart/call her a hypocrite when he sees actions don't equal words.

And why shouldn't Hillary do this? Most of her career has been spent in promoting women -- both here and in foreign countries. She's worked hard on the issue of women's equality. In fact, I think very few people have worked harder than she has on this issue (I can't think of any). I'm not talking just about women in the USA, but poor women in countries in the Middle East and Asia.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:12 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
... Most of her career has been spent in promoting women --.....
What does that even mean "promoting women"?

Sounds like something said when nothing real has been accomplished.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:13 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
"believing that other people should be allowed to live their lives in the way that they want to"

You can't be this kind of person, and the kind of person that condemns others for the choices they make. The two kinds are exclusive of one another.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:18 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
And why shouldn't Hillary do this? Most of her career has been spent in promoting women -- both here and in foreign countries. She's worked hard on the issue of women's equality. In fact, I think very few people have worked harder than she has on this issue (I can't think of any). I'm not talking just about women in the USA, but poor women in countries in the Middle East and Asia.
I think she's done a good job "promoting" herself.

A few quick examples on the matter of other woman though. This is promoting women throughout her career?

Hillary Clinton's Handling of 1975 Rape Case Emerges Again - ABC News

"Nevertheless, it might be the way Clinton talked - and laughed - about the trial in the audio tapes, rather than her decision to defend him that people could find off-putting. "

yeah, little off-putting.

Is Hillary Clinton vulnerable on women's rights? - CBS News

"Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul suggested Sunday that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton won't be able to make a credible argument that she promotes women's rights because the foundation run by her family has accepted donations from foreign countries where women are treated poorly."

""She's taken money from countries that abuse the rights of women. In Saudi Arabia, a woman was raped by seven men. The woman was then publically whipped. And then she was arrested for being in a car with an unmarried man. I think we should be boycotting that activity, not encouraging it. And it looks really bad for the case of defending women's rights, if you're accepting money," Paul said in an interview on CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

You can't be this kind of person, and the kind of person that condemns others for the choices they make. The two kinds are exclusive of one another.

Given they can still "live their lives in the way that they want to" despite my views, all is well. Definition integrity is maintained.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:18 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Yes, she has been promoting women's issues and causes for years now, but to the right, despite all of those years, she is suddenly "playing the woman card." It just shows that they don't actually know what that expression means. They simply are not bright enough to understand the difference between devoting your life to a specific cause and pulling it out during an election merely to win votes. Which is what Trump does routinely.

And as a woman who has never seen my gender in the White House, has never seen women's causes being front and center despite the fact that we are more than 50 percent of the population, I say it's about time.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No he didn't, disprove it.

Doesn't work that way - you make the allegation - YOU prove it. But that's not how Trumpsters work.

Hard to disprove a negative, isn't it?

Fact is - Trump abused his wives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
You appear to be confused on what "live and let live" means. Definition time:

As I explained in my previous post, given I don't "interfere" with "other peoples business or preferences" with my views, and truly ""believing that other people should be allowed to live their lives in the way that they want to" as I previously stated, just stating my view/opinion, I'm still practicing "live and let live".

Yes, and Trump is free to do that. He's also free to lose the election which he most assuredly will do.

Quote:
She has. Remember the Schips from years ago? One of my girlfriends had to use that for her kids when her husband went bankrupt. It's the ONLY reason she could afford medical care for them at the time.

But according to Waldo - Hillary has never helped anyone in her life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections