Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:59 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Isnt that what Obummer said after the dems lost the house? And the senate? And how did that work out?
Yep....exactly. American are fed up with the lack of collaboration in govt.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:23 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Way to go. Any other politician would have said something like, i understand speaker Ryan's concerns and will work together to resolve our differences. That is not Trump. You don't like me, I sure as heck don't like you or your failing agenda.
Way to go indeed.

Ryan is well on his way to carving out a niche for himself bringing Hillary breakfast in bed.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:58 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Way to go indeed.

Ryan is well on his way to carving out a niche for himself bringing Hillary breakfast in bed.

When Obama gave Ryan the budget, that contained the provisions to increase H-2Bs, Ryan could not rubber stamp that legislation fast enough. When the establishment rumored of the brokered convention; they were hoping to sneak Ryan in - they don't want just a popular candidate; they want a puppet! Here Ryan; go fetch! Or, here Ryan; roll over!

That is not want Trump represents and it is not what has propelled Trump to the true leadership of the Republican Party! Hopefully many of the old school politicians will get the wakeup call as their perspective elections roll around.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:20 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Just an example of what will occur if Trump takes executive office. Major stagnation and bickering on his behalf. Country goes nowhere. Unable to work with the people who represent the American people.
Same has already been true of Obama who at least had more than 50% of the popular vote, and I would expect even more of the same with Hillary who, if she wins, will likely have less than 50% of the popular and at least one branch of Congress who is even more hostile to her than to Obama.

As I have said before, like Berlusconi in Italy, Trump is more a reflection of his detractors and opponents than he is of himself.

The facts on the ground say that Americans actually prefer bickering and stagnation, it is the real and effective outcome, regardless of stupid ideologies and faux parties, it is, by now, who we are.

I'll be your mirror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMeZCPbM6bA

Old 05-06-2016, 03:55 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
Re. 'Trump foolish to not get along with his own party's leaders'. Trump is a negotiator. Just an opening gambit. Hardly earth-shattering of fortuitous.

Re. 'Nothing will get done, gridlock...'. This is a bad thing? Look how much has been done by government over the years. I'm not, in the whole, impressed.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:01 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You know what would really be funny? If, after Hillary is elected, Trump says "Ha ha! Jokes on you! I wanted to see Hillary elected!"

Too bad the election isn't on April Fool's Day.
Trump is trolling the Republican Party. He doesn't really want to be elected.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:03 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
American citizens are not ready to support Ryan's agenda either. I learned what he was all about over a year ago even before Trump entered the picture.

He is an open borders proponent, supports Obama's immigration policies, passed a budget allowing 250,000 MORE H1-B visa holders, got paid millions along with other members of the house for passing the TPP. He is a corporate shill, cares nothing, and I mean nothing about American citizens, veterans, helping our communities. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. He went around with Gutierrez supporting amnesty--Gutierrez--who said that American citizens should be "punished" for their stand against immigration.

I did not need Trump to tell me that.

To Paul Ryan, #foreignlivesmatter and #corporatelivesmatter. American citizens can jump off a cliff as far as he is concerned--except he needs our money. I can't really put here what I want to say about him.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:03 AM

957 posts, read 1,132,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
No, thats a stupid candidate. He needs every, single Republican he can get to back him if he has a snowballs chance in hell to beat Hillary and he's further fracturing the party. He's a complete buffoon who will lose in an epic landslide in Nov when millions of Republicans give him the finger and vote 3rd party or sit it out. Cant wait to see the tears of the Trumpettes!
that would mean a diluted Trump, people vote him right because of his anti-GOP establishment and anti-politicians stance, people don't wanna see a Trump that becomes a politician and begin to make compromises with the enemy.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:32 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Great response, just what the doctor ordered. Meanwhile the yippers continue to repeat the same old tripe^.. Wonder if they'll ever get the message?
There hasn't been much Paul Ryan has supported that is worth supporting.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:53 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
No, thats a stupid candidate. He needs every, single Republican he can get to back him if he has a snowballs chance in hell to beat Hillary and he's further fracturing the part
Why does he need the support of a party which the voters have rejected? Trump is the nominee, because people are rejecting people like Ryan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections