Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 11:57 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton's Plan to Reduce the National Debt

Easy Answer - She will Lie about it.

They don't call her Crooked Hillary for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 12:32 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Hmmn, I have to dispute your assertions on several points.

Having a massive federal government really isn't working out for us, is it?
How exactly is it not working ? We have relative security, economic prosperity (DJIA 17K+, Unemployment <6%), Healthcare, working infrastructure, low inflation, cheap gas, etc. Just because you don't like the guy in charge or his party does not mean it's not working. Just because we can do better does not mean it is not working. On any reasonable basis it IS working.
Healthcare is a mess!! Gas has only recently gotten sort of cheap. And to the point of this entire thread, we are likely to be $20 trillion in debt by the end of the year!!

Quote:
The Deficit is another matter but lip service or not the GOP has done more to increase the deficit in the last 25 years than the Dems.
This is a huge case of the following:

Saying "I did less of it", doesn't mean you didn't contribute and it doesn't mean you're not guilty. But if you're interested in playing the "we did less" game, you're going to have to make sense out of some numbers for me. When George W Bush took office, we were 5.6 trillion in debt. When he left office, we were 10.0 trillion in debt. Yep he added about 4.4 trillion to the debt, almost doubling it! Despicable, right? That's just unforgivable! So what has Barack Obama done since? He started with 10.0 trillion in debt. The current federal debt is $19.2 trillion and he's not even done yet! So Barack Obama has added twice as much debt as W and it would take a miracle for him to fall short of doubling the national debt again!
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...selected_years

Quote:
War-mongering - this is decidedly a GOP lead characteristic - Reagan, BushI, Clinton, BushII, Obama - look at their record of armed overseas interventions and their backing of Right-leaning militaries (and paramilitaries). To be sure the Dems are participating but no where near the level of the GOP. The GOP is the party of might makes right.
I get this weird feeling that you think I'm a Republican and that I'm defending them. I'm not. Regarding wars and nation building, both parties are equally guilty. You can nitpick about who did what if you like. The Dems got us into WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, the remains of Yugoslavia and Obama's Arab Spring massively destabilized the Middle East.

Reagan and the Bushes have been absolute thugs on the world stage. W likely did more to destroy the USA's good name internationally than anyone else. Bush Sr at least had the good sense to not overthrow Saddam. His son? Not so much.

Again, if you're interested in keeping track of who has been worse, it's the Democrats by miles from 1900 to 1980 and the Republicans by a nose from 1980 to today. But it's the same thing. It's raindrops quibbling about who is to blame for the flood.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:35 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Does anyone have a link to it? I googled and only found this: Hillary Clinton’s national debt evasion | Power Line

This? Clinton plan: $1 trillion in new spending, $1 trillion in new taxes | McClatchy DC

The cost of amnesty will run $6.3 trillion tax payer dollars: https://www.myheritage.org/news/the-...-6-3-trillion/

New taxes? Details and Analysis of Hillary Clinton

Job creation? Hillary Clinton: Don’t Let Anybody Tell You That It’s Corporations and Businesses That Create Jobs I don't think she has a clue.

Eliminating jobs in mining, over 80,000 and then you have the trickle down to the areas where they live, the taxes that won't be paid, but she is sending a huge aid package. Democrats depend on making people dependent on them for survival.

All of this plays in what happens with the national debt. I am always surprised that people don't understand that you can't take one single element and address it. Policies on ALL the issues have to come together as a positive.

I am just starting to look at Hillary Clinton. I would have voted for her, most likely, in 2008 but not now. Her true colors have come to the surface since 2008.

After this initial look, Trump should have a slam dunk. Hillary has nothing to offer our country.

We have some Clinton supporters here and perhaps they will put it all together, her tax plan, her plan for jobs, etc. and how that all comes together to actually benefit our country.

Yep, I hear the hacking cough and inappropriate laughter coming to the debates against Trump. That can only buy her so much time.
She has been a major influence in Washington for over 20 years - and has done nothing but betray voters. We are still talking about the same issues we were in 1993. Especially women's issues. She hasn't done anything. Status quo.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:00 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Hmmn, I have to dispute your assertions on several points.

Having a massive federal government really isn't working out for us, is it?
How exactly is it not working ? We have relative security, economic prosperity (DJIA 17K+, Unemployment <6%), Healthcare, working infrastructure, low inflation, cheap gas, etc. Just because you don't like the guy in charge or his party does not mean it's not working. Just because we can do better does not mean it is not working. On any reasonable basis it IS working.
Whatever you're drinking, I want some ...

Relative security ... really ? After San Bernadino and knowing the FBI is watching hundreds of ISIS cells in the U.S, hardly. If we're so safe, why do we need sanctuary cities ?

Economic prosperity - uh no, as median wages have not gone up for years for most Americans so who is benefitting from the DJIA at 17K+ ? The upper 1% ...

Unemployment is best measured by the U6 rate, not U3. Thousands of Americans are working at jobs below their skill level and thousands more are working 2-3 job to make ends meet. Every time the government brags about creating thousands of jobs in a month, they never tell you the average wage of the jobs created.

Healthcare - I had cheaper healthcare before Obamacare because now I have to pay the bills for those who have pre-existing conditions. Young people who need only a catastrophic plan have been forced into buying a full health plan they rarely ever use. But yet, we can still pay the medical bills for illegals.

Working infrastructure - I guess you could call it working ... but what has Obama done to upgrade highways, bridges, power grids, water systems. etc ? At some point, infrastructure fails.

Low inflation - - goes with low wages ... if the COL goes up but wages don't, most Americans have less money to spend.

Cheap gas - gas is on the rise again and Obama has no control over OPEC oil prices. What was the price of gas about 18 months ago and who was in office ?

Old 05-06-2016, 01:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Interesting, I had no idea you could program google to show only right wing sources.

If you'd like another take, here's one.]
Which completely ignore the laffer curve, and that taking money out of the economy doesnt grow it..

Old 05-07-2016, 04:39 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The GOP dont care about the debt. On the contrary they purposely increase the debt through perpetual warmongering, massive tax breaks for their billionaire donors and deregulation/bailouts for their Wall Street friends, all in order to use the threat of the large debt as a weapon against the people to eliminate Social Seucrity, Medicare and any remaining support for the the disabled, the poor and the elderly.

This is the sad truth when the GOP is nothing more than a subsidiary of the US Chamber of Commerce, the Koch brothers and Wall Street and big pharma executives.
So, what is Hillary's Clinton's plan to reduce the national debt though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Interesting, I had no idea you could program google to show only right wing sources.

If you'd like another take, here's one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...f12_story.html
She plans to reduce the national debt by raising taxes. As jobs continue to leave the country, who will be taxed? The amnesty of her illegal buddies will cost $6.3 trillion US citizen taxpayer dollars. Our tax base has been eroded by NAFTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hillary Clinton's Plan to Reduce the National Debt

Easy Answer - She will Lie about it.

They don't call her Crooked Hillary for nothing.
So, then, continue with Obama's plan. Yep, Hillary will be "Obama by proxy".

Really all I found was that she plans to increase spending and raise taxes but I don't see that as reducing the national debt because the programs she is proposing will spend the tax dollars so quickly, there will be nothing left to apply to the national debt.

Hillary is SO full of crap!

Old 05-07-2016, 04:41 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The GOP dont care about the debt. On the contrary they purposely increase the debt through perpetual warmongering, massive tax breaks for their billionaire donors and deregulation/bailouts for their Wall Street friends, all in order to use the threat of the large debt as a weapon against the people to eliminate Social Seucrity, Medicare and any remaining support for the the disabled, the poor and the elderly.

This is the sad truth when the GOP is nothing more than a subsidiary of the US Chamber of Commerce, the Koch brothers and Wall Street and big pharma executives.
Hmm, and then there is Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections