Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 01:07 PM

192 posts, read 242,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Cruz polled 5% last summer. His campaign was actually darned amazing. (He's not even all that likeable personally but he ran a good campaign and did well).
He lacked name recognition last summer. Once the bible thumpers got wind of his christian dominionism and his desire to turn American into a theocracy, as God's own chosen one, he got massive support. The fanaticism he inspired will not die out quickly, and those people could never fathom voting for anyone else. To them, he is Christ resurrected.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:13 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
The GOP is split and done. If nothing else, Trump has helped put an end to this decaying husk of a party, just by his nomination.
The Elite Establishment can't get over it. They won't. They barely did in 1980. But they ain't "getting over it" this time. They are not going to support the nominee, and they loathe the 13 million people who nominated him.
But it's not just that. The Cruz fans who are NOT part of the Establishment.......well they are just too hurt. They ain't coming back. They are sitting it out, voting Hillary, or somebody else. And most of them loathe the GOP now that their Special Guy did not get picked.

So, it's done. Over. Finished. Trump will win only by a miracle (namely, tons of independents and Dems voting for him).
Either way, this is a good thing
RIP, Republican Party. You were useless towards the end.
I think it's about time the GOP split in at least two. If the Republican party didn't have so much racism in their platform they would draw in millions more minorities with conservative values. Many nonwhite American conservatives are at a minimum hesitant to cast a vote for a Republican because of how the party is influenced with white nationalism...

Old 05-06-2016, 01:16 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I think it's about time the GOP split in at least two. If the Republican party didn't have so much racism in their platform they would draw in millions more minorities with conservative values. Many nonwhite American conservatives are at a minimum hesitant to cast a vote for a Republican because of how the party is influenced with white nationalism...
Racist.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:19 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralCarmel View Post
He lacked name recognition last summer. Once the bible thumpers got wind of his christian dominionism and his desire to turn American into a theocracy, as God's own chosen one, he got massive support. The fanaticism he inspired will not die out quickly, and those people could never fathom voting for anyone else. To them, he is Christ resurrected.

I'm sorry; but most of American Christians do not believe in laying-on-hands and speaking in tongues. That was Cruz's father and it is just too far out there for most mainstream religious voters. That "fanaticism" is simply fanaticism!

Old 05-06-2016, 01:21 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Quote:
He could pick Jesus Christ himself as running mate, and a huge number of Establishment-types, Cruz-fans, and those who fall into BOTH categories are livid. "#NeverTrump", and all that jazz.

An astounding thing to see for this old-timer. We never saw #NeverRomney, or #NeverMcCain, or #NeverBush (of either variety), or #NeverDole (no Twitter back then but you get when I mean); or NeverANYBODY who got the nomination. Only this time.

It's done.
Yup, we #NeverTrump voters sucked it up for the team and shoved aside our principles for "the party" in the last two election cycles. We mollified our consciences with the reminder of the great strides we had taken in getting people like Cruz and Sasse and Lee elected, etc. How was our loyalty to the party (and betrayal to our principles) rewarded? By the GOP nominating a liberal democrat as the candidate to represent "our" party.

The crossed the red line and those of us who actually HAVE BACKBONES are done.

#NeverTrump

Old 05-06-2016, 01:26 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Racist.
Yes, I'm talking about the racists that influence Republican politics.. It's time for an inclusive conservative party...

Old 05-06-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Maybe its just that Trump provided the voice for what I believe is the bulk of the party membership. I think most party members are more moderate and capable of working with others, even during Reagan years there was the ability to work across the aisle. Somewhere the extreme right decided they would be the voice and they would control the party and if you don't agree your just a RINO. Well tough luck I am able to think for myself and I am casting a vote for the President, not a religious leader and not for anyone who adheres to the T Parties manifesto. Those seeking a spiritual president should perhaps revisit their house of worship and pray as appropriate.
If you are a moderate republican you are of the McCain, McConnell, Graham wing of the party. Those are the campaigns that received funding from Donald and those are the titular heads of the Establishment GOP that a liberal democrat is being chosen to lead.

As far as your religious bigotry. Enjoy your overlord and thanks for turning 21st Century America in to Italy circa 1925. Now there was your non-religious leader. I'm sure you are looking for a leader just like him!

#NeverTrump

Old 05-06-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I'm sorry; but most of American Christians do not believe in laying-on-hands and speaking in tongues. That was Cruz's father and it is just too far out there for most mainstream religious voters. That "fanaticism" is simply fanaticism!
"Most American Christians" don't adhere to the tenets of their faith anymore either. Most mainstream "religious" voters are faithful to politics. They pay lip service to Christian faith all while putting idolatry of government above their "proclaimed savior."

#NeverTrump

Old 05-06-2016, 02:00 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Change or die. That is the choice life gives you.
They couldn't change so they are dead.
It's time to make it the Trump Party and move forward with those who want to put Americans first. The conservatives turned into globalist and were no better than the globalist Democrats who continue to sell out the people and gut the country with their job killing trade deals.
I notice that traitors like Paul Ryan are trying to turn Trump into supporting globalist trade deals and killing Social Security. He will back Trump if he can get him to bend a knee to his will. Trump is having none of it. He would lose his support and the election if he did that. Ryan lost his chance at the White House with Romney and now he wants to turn Trump into a loser too.

"GO TRUMP" or live in a 3rd world dump. Take your trade deals and shove it Ryan you loser.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:00 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
The GOP needs to do three things to survive in the 21st century: 1) Drop the religious stuff 2) Drop the social conservatism and 3) Drop the White nationalism/White resentment politics.

I realize that this may be very difficult for some of our members to understand but most Americans (especially those who are younger than 50 or so) outside of the Bible Belt don't give two hoots about religion. Most people never attend houses of worship except for weddings, funerals, and the occasional religious based holiday (Christmas, Easter, Rosh Hashana, etc). Go to a house of worship and the vast majority of worshipers will be at least 70 years old if not older. Religion - for better or worse - plays little to no role in the lives of the vast majority of Americans in 2016.

In line with the above, the endless hysterics about gay marriage and abortion need to go. Our nation's highest court has made it's ruling and we are obligated to accept it. Look, I personally find the idea of gay marriage to be offputting and I personally abhor abortions but they are legal and that's that. That said what right does government have to regulate marriage between two people who love eachother? IT DOESN'T. Religious beliefs should not dictate government policy ... that's what the Muslims do. Should we be like them?

Lastly the White resentment politics need to go. Period. We are all humans and we need to learn to work and live together. Again, most Americans under the age of 50 don't give a flying f--k about illegal immigrants and BLM and whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections