Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 03:15 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That's got to be your solitary opinion as the illegals who live here and raised families have been living under the radar and by their wits for years. Some as many as 25. They are not stupid enough to turn over police cars, block highways or chain themselves to doors in front of city hall. Contrary to popular belief, Latino protests are well organized, carefully scripted events, done by Latino professional activists who are citizens.
Imagine how much better Mexico would be if they took all that activism to that country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 03:26 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Imagine how much better Mexico would be if they took all that activism to that country.
It's activism that Hillary won't have to win California. That is, if she is even the nominee. She hasn't even won that one yet.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:04 PM

952 posts, read 518,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^Exactly!

Those who start shaking in their boots when they hear these words: "The Hispanic vote", don't stop and think about this. They tend to lump in illegals, then imagine "the Hispanic vote" to be of massive importance. Then there are Hispanics who are legal immigrants but not US citizens. Add to that this fact---many who are eligible to vote, don't bother to do so (of course this is true of any group of eligible voters).

As an example, about 10 years ago, the town next us built a day labor site for illegals, using taxpayer money. They did this despite having a hearing where the vast majority of the speakers were strongly against it. After the hearing, the mayor announced that it was approved because he knew better than the citizens as to what was right for the town. That didn't play well at all. When it was time for the next town election, LULAC decided that they were going to go door to door to get more Hispanics to register to vote. Well, that was a flop. Most of the Hispanics they found were either here illegally or were here legally but not citizens. I think that they only added something like 5 or 6 to the voter rolls. BTW, the mayor and the town council members who ignored the will of the people were soundly defeated!
So, you're saying the premise of this thread is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So much for myth that Hispanics are with Hillary. They certainly don't like her in East LA as the massive crowd demonstrates.
Hillary is facing landslide losses this fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
So the Hispanics are finally on to her pretense of actually liking Hispanics. The AAs will soon figure her out as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The AA vote in California is inconsequential, but the Hispanic vote there is Yuge!

It would not surprise me if Hillary loses California.
Seems a lot of fuss over nothing...

Old 05-06-2016, 04:06 PM

3,882 posts, read 4,533,112 times
Definitely Bernie or Busters in the mix.

Gotta love the Howard Dean scream at the very VERY end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxg9gPTd7Aw

Old 05-06-2016, 04:11 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,110,898 times
Right, they are all voting for Mr. Trump.

Mick

Old 05-06-2016, 04:30 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
So, you're saying the premise of this thread is incorrect.

Seems a lot of fuss over nothing...
It would look to be that way.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:57 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh puleez!

Maybe the protests are organized but that doesn't mean that they don't have illegals among their ranks.

Believe me, I have taken to the streets to protest against illegal immigration. LULAC organized the protests on the opposite side and many of those they bused in to protest were local illegal aliens who worked as day laborers.

The protest was about using taxpayer money to fund a day labor site for the illegals. Those who wanted it besides groups like LULAC, were illegals---and they were there protesting courtesy of LULAC. In fact, I was standing next to a LULAC member who was encouraging a group of illegals to sign up to speak up in support of the day labor site at the hearing.

Oh, btw, when illegals had their first May Day temper tantrums, many businesses in my area admitted that they shut their doors the day of the protest so that their illegals could go protest.

You are on the "inside" meaning, what exactly? You are joining protests where amnesty and open borders is demanded by the illegals? Or are you organizing them? If it is the latter, what group has you as a member?

Also, there is a big difference between being "anti-immigrant" and "anti-illegal alien" --- and you know it, too. Stop deliberately trying to blur the lines.

It's sad that you can't make an argument without resorting to personal attacks.

All good points. Illegals don't live in fear of anything much less being deported under Obama. He has given millions of them a stay of deportation and instructed Homeland Security not to deport any of them unless they are "convicted" criminals.

Like you, I wonder what Mohawxx means by "being on the inside"? Hmm, it just confirms my suspicions about him and why I have had him on ignore for some time.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:00 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

That would take courage and some morals. Apparently, these illegals have none.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:00 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

Like you, I wonder what Mohawxx means by "being on the inside"? Hmm, it just confirms my suspicions about him and why I have had him on ignore for some time.
Call ICE Immediately!!!!!!

If you would like to report illegal aliens,
please call Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423).

They will need to know names: Mohawxx

locations (either work place or residence) Hmm City Data Forum? Home Depot in Arizona?

and any other specific information you can provide: Anti-Trump poster who is most likely an illegal

Old 05-06-2016, 05:06 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
All good points. Illegals don't live in fear of anything much less being deported under Obama. He has given millions of them a stay of deportation and instructed Homeland Security not to deport any of them unless they are "convicted" criminals.

So you suspect that Mohawxx may be Latino, and you have 'suspicions' about him. WOW, WOW, WOW!

I read through his/her threads and I saw nothing offensive other than he/she doesn't agree with you.

I bet your 'ignore' list is pretty damn long, and can't wait to be on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections