Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 03:21 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Example #1....this is gonna be shooting fish in a barrel

Dex.....waiting for me to respond.......lol!!!

I vote who offers the best results....

Voted for Hillary in 08 and Obama in 12. At the time thought they had to best program. Honestly Obama did bring us out of the recession. I just do want another 4 more years of the last eight years. Plus I have working knowledge how Clinton starting the recession and 1000's lost their homes to foreclosure. Many more were affected by the drop in real estate value. Now Hillary is talking to the big banks that worked with her husband. Hillary is covered in wall street and Big Bank money. Point Crooked Hillary is a good name for her.

As a Trumpeter - the reason why I am voting for Trump is the economy. Sure as many do cannot defend all his actions. He is a proven money manager. Compare that to the other candidates.

Do we want someone to put us deeper in debt, or to make America Great Again...

Trump 2016

Old 05-06-2016, 03:23 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
I actually didn't yet. CA doesn't vote for another month.
Ah, that explains it ... a closet California liberal Nancy Pelosi worshipper masquerading as a conservative.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:26 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Ah, that explains it ... a closet California liberal Nancy Pelosi worshipper masquerading as a conservative.

A hahahaha... You actually made me lol.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:31 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
How does it feel to be a Democrat who voted for a Republican? You feel all dirty, like you need a shower? I know I would as a Republican voting for a Democrat (which I never would)
I vote for the candidate I believe will best represent me. Regardless of whether that person is a Democrat or Republican.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:30 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,348,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
No. Just a good business man.
How much time have you spent researching Trump's business record? What in your research indicated to you that Trump is a good businessman? Because I looked into it and it's pretty clear he is not a good businessman, but rather a fairly good actor playing the role of a "business man."

Old 05-06-2016, 04:32 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
How much time have you spent researching Trump's business record? What in your research indicated to you that Trump is a good businessman? Because I looked into it and it's pretty clear he is not a good businessman, but rather a fairly good actor playing the role of a "business man."
How about 4 billion $ in net worth ?

Old 05-06-2016, 04:36 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
When I turn on CBS on a Sunday afternoon to watch a golf championship - and the announcer says welcome to Trump Doral in Miami.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:43 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Was Trump putting Americans first when he outsourced his entire collection to CHINA and MEXICO rather than manufacturing in America? Was Trump putting Americans first when he brought in hundreds of immigrants to work at his properties in Florida rather than hiring Americans? He's a pathetic fraud and you are drunk off his kool-aid.
Name one candidate who you think actually cares about putting Americans first then.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:44 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Shoot, take them, don't want.

Mick

Old 05-06-2016, 04:47 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,348,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
At some point, Trump made a decision. Obviously, he could have run as an independent. But he chose to run from an established party, because the political machinery already in place would make the job much easier.

With his background, he could as well have run as a maverick D as a maverick R.

But he didn't, and I can't help but wonder why. I've come up with two possible scenarios.

1) He commissioned some private polling, and found that his messages appealed more to registered Rs than registered Ds.

2) He thought the R party rules would make it easier for him to get the nomination.

They're not exclusive, of course.
I can confirm that Donald Trump did private polling, because I personally received a survey phone call in 2014 when I was living in the suburbs of Buffalo, NY and Trump wanted to run for governor of NY. (Side note, after all his campaigning and fancy dinner parties across the state, in the end he refused to run unless unopposed.) I did not realize at the time, but I now recognize that this call was part of the presidential exploratory committees Trump has been forming every election cycle since the late 1980s. When Trump's exploratory committee called me in 2014, I was asked about my opinion of Trump, whether I thought he should run for governor or president, and my position on various issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections