Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 03:05 PM

830 posts, read 684,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
If you're not suggesting we let in people that want to harm us and it's common knowledge there are Muslims that want to harm us, what is your solution ? Sounds like you'd let them all in and take our chances ... or if you're in favor of a better vetting system, then a temporary ban is a good thing until a proper vetting system is in place. DHS should able to figure out how the vetting system will work.

And where have I suggested that most Muslim-Americans are peaceful ? I really don't know the crime rate for Muslim-Americans for they are Americans. Some have been here for decades, become Westernized to a point, and don't think like the radical group ISIS currently infesting Syria.

And what is an American-liking person ? You're all over the map dude ...
They want to establish sharia law and support doing violent things to people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 03:07 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post

A temporary blanket Muslim ban is not necessary since we already know that Shia and Kurd and Druze Muslims have never launched a single terrorist attack on the US. If you are going to launch a temporary ban, then at least focus down on the Wahhabists and other sects that have at least some history of terrorist attacks on the US.
And how do you accomplish this when someone arrives in customs with a Syrian or Saudi or Yemeni passport ? Is their religious sect printed on their passport or visa ?

Old 05-08-2016, 03:09 PM

501 posts, read 361,718 times
And I'm still waiting for a response as to why your'e not willing to reduce/remove the freedoms and rights of pre-existing Americans, considering the aforementioned 150,000 death toll that American murderers have brought us since 9/11.

It's just an objective fact that the average American is far, far more likely to be murdered by another Christian American than some Muslim terrorist. The threat level is not even remotely comparable. Christian Americans are the biggest perpetrators of homicide in this country by a huge factor. If your logic is that "Muslims shouldn't be allowed in because some Muslims want to harm Americans", why in the world would you not apply that same logic to Christian Americans who have piled up 150,000 corpses in the past 15 years, and more than 500,000 corpses in the past 40? Why the heck not?

I have actually been shot at and nearly killed by an American a few years ago as I was driving through a low-income neighborhood. The likelihood that he was Christian is extremely high. Going by your logic, should I be attempting to reduce the Christian population in this country?

Old 05-08-2016, 03:09 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,890 times
Quote:
And how do you accomplish this when someone arrives in customs with a Syrian or Saudi or Yemeni passport ? Is their religious sect printed on their passport or visa ?

Trump says he will offer them a pulled-pork sandwich and a cold beer.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Have you thought about what you're saying at all? If this is a limitation of MY discrimination system, how does YOUR discrimination system plan to figure this out?

In other words, lots of Muslims would be impossible to identify as Muslims unless they literally volunteer this information up. Most Muslim men have no identifying physical marks that suggest they are Muslim at all. And many Muslim women do not wear a hijab.

So at this point are you suggesting we just be racist and assume all Arabs are Muslims, and just throw the Christian Arabs into that pot too?

One would think that US security agencies could at the very least attempt to find some biographical paper trail of some sort linking Kurdish and Shia Muslims the sects they claim to belong to. Hell, Kurdish people literally speak a different language so that should be a big sign.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
And I'm still waiting for a response as to why your'e not willing to reduce/remove the freedoms and rights of pre-existing Americans, considering the aforementioned 150,000 death toll that American murderers have brought us since 9/11.

It's just an objective fact that the average American is far, far more likely to be murdered by another Christian American than some Muslim terrorist. The threat level is not even remotely comparable. Christian Americans are the biggest perpetrators of homicide in this country by a huge factor. If your logic is that "Muslims shouldn't be allowed in because some Muslims want to harm Americans", why in the world would you not apply that same logic to Christian Americans who have piled up 150,000 corpses in the past 15 years, and more than 500,000 corpses in the past 40? Why the heck not?

I have actually been shot at and nearly killed by an American a few years ago as I was driving through a low-income neighborhood. The likelihood that he was Christian is extremely high. Going by your logic, should I be attempting to reduce the Christian population in this country?
Simply because pre-existing Americans are just that ... Americans. American citizens.

Muslims to want to come here from overseas are not Americans. And if there are Muslim-Americans plotting to kill us, there's nothing I can do to stop it, but I can prevent future Muslim killers from emigrating here by simply stopping them at the border.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:16 PM

So now we have yet another weakness in the Trump proposal to ban Muslims. Any Arab could literally pretend to be Christian by just saying so whenever an immigration official asks them what religion they are.

How in the world are you going to prevent ISIS members from pretending to be Christian? HOW?

I myself can pretend to be Christian at a moment's notice. Pick up a Bible, slap a crucifix on my chest. Bam. Done. I'm Christian.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Simply because pre-existing Americans are just that ... Americans. American citizens.

Muslims to want to come here from overseas are not Americans. And if there are Muslim-Americans plotting to kill us, there's nothing I can do to stop it, but I can prevent future Muslim killers from emigrating here by simply stopping them at the border.
So it doesn't have anything to do with safety vs freedom but how you can legally discriminate against people as much as possible?

Because to me, common sense would dictate that Muslim Americans used to be non-Americans. So you're really spitting in the faces of the same people, just trying to find loopholes as to who you can spit at.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Have you thought about what you're saying at all? If this is a limitation of MY discrimination system, how does YOUR discrimination system plan to figure this out?

In other words, lots of Muslims would be impossible to identify as Muslims unless they literally volunteer this information up. Most Muslim men have no identifying physical marks that suggest they are Muslim at all. And many Muslim women do not wear a hijab.

So at this point are you suggesting we just be racist and assume all Arabs are Muslims, and just throw the Christian Arabs into that pot too?

One would think that US security agencies could at the very least attempt to find some biographical paper trail of some sort linking Kurdish and Shia Muslims the sects they claim to belong to. Hell, Kurdish people literally speak a different language so that should be a big sign.
I'm suggesting we end this discussion and if believing a temporary ban on Muslims is a racist act, then I'm a racist.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:20 PM

Re: ISIS members pretending to be Christian. I think there's actually a lot of terrorist attacks in Shia communities where ISIS members pretend to be a Shia person and then blow themselves up in the middle of a Shia crowd, killing dozens of people.

So at this point we can't even ban Muslims. We have to ban Arabs. Otherwise we're just inviting the inevitable ISIS member who will pretend to be Christian to get into the US.

And we can't stop with the Arabs, probably. Any Chechnyen Muslim could pretend to be Christian or atheist too. And the Filipino Muslim extremists can do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections