Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 06:58 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
What's so amazing about this to me is that Ryan was pretty mild about what he said, he said he wanted to support Trump but he just wanted to talk to him first, he wanted to wait until after they had a chance to talk through Trump's agenda. He didn't trash Trump at all, it was a pretty reasonable statement that makes perfect sense when you consider that Ryan is a fiscal conservative who has congressmen to protect.

But Trump lost his shyt immediately!!! I mean he went apoplectic and started threatening the guy, and now he's got Palin going for his throat. All he had to do was say something like "I'm confident Ryan will see things my way after we meet, if looking forward to it" but now it's way more drama than it needed to be.

This is how he plans to govern? What a putz.
What a bunch of baloney. Ryan publicly proclaimed - without being asked, mind you - that he was not yet ready to support the Republican nominee. Trump said he was not yet ready to support Ryan's policies. Since Ryan's policies go in direct opposition to what is good for Americans, Trump stated it was time politicians started looking out for the American voter. Ryan was pretty mild and Trump lost his shyt immediately? Biased much?

Give me a break. I could care less about the congressmen Ryan is trying to protect. It's time those leeches sucking up our tax dollars start looking out for the people's interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 09:35 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet she knew to take what she had to make 10s of millions. I think you failed to make your point.
Not really. Unfortunately, more of a reflection on the stupidity of the American sheeple. Stupid, dumb, and outrageous pay off big time in the good ol' USofA, these days - sorta' goes along with the dumbing down of our parenting (or rather lack thereof) and our schools being second-rate. You know - like "intellectual elite" and "highly educated" - being dirty words. Who needs an education when you can be 'stupefyingly stupid' and earn millions? Great example for the young.......don't aspire to improve yourself - just aspire to be stupid - because it pays off.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:43 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Paul Ryan is Eric Cantor part deux.
Not even close - and I'm not a Ryan supporter. Ryan will NEVER be voted out of office. Never.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:26 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Paul Ryan sold shares on same day as private briefing of banking crisis | US news | The Guardian

I don't know if Palin helps or hinders, I'm not a huge fan. However, Paul Ryan needs to go. I don't blame him for selling, but it's not fair that he got a heads up. This is why people are upset with the system.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:22 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Paul Ryan sold shares on same day as private briefing of banking crisis | US news | The Guardian

I don't know if Palin helps or hinders, I'm not a huge fan. However, Paul Ryan needs to go. I don't blame him for selling, but it's not fair that he got a heads up. This is why people are upset with the system.

Should that not be classified as insider trading? Does it make any difference if it happens to the politician or it happens to the stock broker? They both have advance notice of the pending change in fortune.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:31 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Should that not be classified as insider trading? Does it make any difference if it happens to the politician or it happens to the stock broker? They both have advance notice of the pending change in fortune.
Politicians have exempted themselves from insider trading rules. Of course it's insider trading and would get anyone else jail time.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:26 AM

952 posts, read 518,158 times

A vote for Ryan MAY shut her up...

Old 05-10-2016, 08:43 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Ryan isn't disrespecting the will of the people in Wisconsin. Cruz beat Trump by double digits there. Those are the same people that will be voting in this election.

The people of Wisconsin really don't appreciate outside meddling in their state elections, and I think Palin flatters herself by suggesting that she will have any influence there.
The people of Wisconsin don't elect Paul Ryan - one Didrict in Wisconsin elects him.
Ryan's District voted for Donald Trump. The lesson of Eric Cantor went right over their little Pointy Heads.

Ryan and the Insider Political Elites have one Agenda and Trump and the Voters have another Agenda.
Ryan opened a can of worms when he said his Agenda is more important than the will of the Party he is supposed to lead. He may have to eat those worms.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:52 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The people of Wisconsin don't elect Paul Ryan - one Didrict in Wisconsin elects him.
Ryan's District voted for Donald Trump. The lesson of Eric Cantor went right over their little Pointy Heads.

Ryan and the Insider Political Elites have one Agenda and Trump and the Voters have another Agenda.
Ryan opened a can of worms when he said his Agenda is more important than the will of the Party he is supposed to lead. He may have to eat those worms.
In Ryan's district Cruz got 75,869 (51%) votes this year compared to Trump's 48,206 (32%) votes.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:26 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
One of these days the lamestream Republicans will learn not to cross Sarah Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections