Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 10:32 AM

830 posts, read 679,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Yep, if all of you New Yorker's unite and vote against him, he will be defeated IN WISCONSIN, where the actual vote will be held.

Ryan is not disrespecting the will of the people in WISCONSIN (again, where the vote will be held) because Trump didn't win WISCONSIN. Cruz did.
The vote is in Wisconsin, but wont Trump and Palin work to remove him from power? He has also floated the idea of firing Reince Priebus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 10:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,945,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It actually does. It's because of Ryan's comments on Trump that Palin is now "working" to unseat Ryan. Therefore, they are interrelated and hard to reasonably discuss in isolation. Do you get it? If you want to have a conversation with yourself around whatever rigid notions you have of "the topic," then don't post here.
I don't know if that is true or not. This business with the House started long before Trump was nominated. Boehner was thrown out before Ryan and Ryan as it turns out is no different.

Cruz could have won and IMO there would still have been a movement to throw Ryan out.

I believe Trump is a result of the House (and Senate) leadership not listening to the ones that voted them in, Trump isn't the reason people want to get rid of them.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,945,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post
The vote is in Wisconsin, but wont Trump and Palin work to remove him from power? He has also floated the idea of firing Reince Priebus.
I can't imagine any way Priebus keeps his job. No one is going to happy with his performance.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:38 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,428,474 times
According to Open Secrets, Ryan has >$9M in corporate and PAC money behind him.

Nehlen has $0. He is the only other Republican running in that District.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:39 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,931,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post
I don't think people in Wisconsin care about what New Yorkers and some quitter from Alaska think should be best for their interest.

I don't think Ryan will lose his seat. Trump didn't lose Wisconsin by coincidence.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:39 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,893,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The party they belong to doesn't matter to me. Paul Ryan has supported a globalist agenda and if he is taken down by a Democrat or a member of his own party (more likely) then I don't mind.
Fine. We Democrats would welcome the seat.

Your use of the term "globalist agenda" is meaningless. What you are saying is that the U.S. should be isolationist.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:40 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,494,124 times
Quote:
Ryan isn't disrespecting the will of the people in Wisconsin. Cruz beat Trump by double digits there. Those are the same people that will be voting in this election.

The people of Wisconsin really don't appreciate outside meddling in their state elections, and I think Palin flatters herself by suggesting that she will have any influence there.
This is my original post, which is on topic.

Quote:
The people of Wisconsin really don't appreciate outside meddling in their state elections, and I think Palin flatters herself by suggesting that she will have any influence there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Paul Nehlen is not a Wisconsin outsider.
So you cut out the main part and give an inane answer that is not relevant at all.

You don't want posts that are on topic either.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:43 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,008,610 times
Anything that links Trump and Palin together is a win for the Democrats. Go, Caribou Barbie!

Old 05-08-2016, 10:45 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,428,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Fine. We Democrats would welcome the seat.

Your use of the term "globalist agenda" is meaningless. What you are saying is that the U.S. should be isolationist.
Nope Globalist Agenda /= Isolationist.

Ryan = Globalist Agenda = Unfair "free trade" = Open Borders = Amnesty for Illegals = US World Police

Old 05-08-2016, 10:45 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,510,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It does make one wonder if Ms. Palin is angling for Trump's VP slot. Of course, back in 2008 he disagreed with McCain's having picked her, but times and feelings change.

Trump in 2008: McCain Shouldn
OMG!!! If that happens, I'm jumping over the wall with the Mexicans and taking my chances there, having Caribou Barbie second in command and that close to the "button", is more than I can handle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections