Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 11:31 AM

1,683 posts, read 810,521 times

Advertisements

Romney recently stated that he does not plan to vote for Trump
Mitt Romney meets with leader of third-party effort - AOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 11:35 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
So a RINO is the possible answer for a 3rd party run. An establishment person, the same type so many voters have spoken out against and are so sick and tired of?

I'm beginning to wonder if romney is having some sort of breakdown or something. Seriously. The guy appears to be becoming obsessed/unhinged with this.

And think logically about this.....if they run a RINO/any republican as a 3rd party, the republicans probably lose to hilllary. So I say....ain't happening unless these people quit the republican party.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:37 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
So a RINO is the possible answer for a 3rd party run.

Does anyone know how old romney is? I'm beginning to wonder if he is having some sort of breakdown or something. Seriously. The guy appears to be becoming obsessed/unhinged with this.
He sees his party as a runaway train heading for a cliff and he's trying to throw a switch that will divert it onto a different track. Seems like a rational response to me.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He sees his party as a runaway train heading for a cliff and he's trying to throw a switch that will divert it onto a different track. Seems like a rational response to me.
But think logically about this.....if they run a RINO/any republican as a 3rd party, the republicans probably lose to hilllary. So I say....ain't happening unless these people quit the republican party before they run 3rd party.

And the most important part.....these guys ignore the will of the voters by running another republican as a "3rd party" which makes no logical sense. They just can't accept reality and will infuriate the voters even more. This is desperation and stupidity at its best people, imho. So sure, run a 3rd party. But using a bit of logic and thought on what that will do to to the party they are trying to "Save" might be a good idea. Want a 3rd party to run? Great, do it, that's anyone's right.....just have no strings from the republican party attached as that's just plain stupidity.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:39 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,550 times
I think the establishment is looking for an indirect way to support Hillary and their mutual globalist plot.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:42 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Quote:
So a RINO is the possible answer for a 3rd party run. An establishment person, the same type so many voters have spoken out against and are so sick and tired of?

I'm beginning to wonder if romney is having some sort of breakdown or something. Seriously. The guy appears to be becoming obsessed/unhinged with this.

And think logically about this.....if they run a RINO/any republican as a 3rd party, the republicans probably lose to hilllary. So I say....ain't happening unless these people quit the republican party.
Trump must lose at all cost in other words, even if it means destroying the GOP (an inept, out of touch party which needed to implode anyway).

Old 05-08-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
But think logically about this.....if they run a RINO/any republican as a 3rd party, the republicans probably lose to hilllary. So I say....ain't happening unless these people quit the republican party before they run 3rd party.
I think that is the logical conclusion. The GOP establishment sees a Trump loss as the lesser of two evils for the party as a whole.

Quote:
And the most important part.....these guys ignore the will of the people. They just can't accept reality and will infuriate the voters even more. This is desperation and stupidity at its best people, imho.
"The will of the people" is 40 percent of the Republican party. Not a majority by a long shot. Trump essentially hijacked the GOP.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Trump must lose at all cost in other words, even if it means destroying the GOP (an inept, out of touch party which needed to implode anyway).
That sure sound like the reality of it all, doesn't it? Talk about Spite X 10.

But there it is, people.....the types the majority have been voting in for all these years on full display. I thought these people were dishonest, self-serving, etc. but never thought they'd act like this and I'm a pessimist about politicians. Beyond belief.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Or, many Republicans see Trump as what is causing the destruction of the GOP and are attempting to stop him, and the implosion, at all costs, even if it means sacrificing an election to do it. Personally, I think that ship has sailed, but I can certainly understand the feeling within the GOP when they see a buffoon hijacking their party.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"The will of the people" is 40 percent of the Republican party. Not a majority by a long shot. Trump essentially hijacked the GOP.
Well yes, but he's still the nominee. But the bigger point what we might have here(it's just a rumor of course so far) is possibly a party running against itself, which by all metrics = loss to hillary, seems sociopathic at best.

And if they run candidate "ABC independent" and it's obvious it's orchestrated by republicans, well, to me that's just as bad and the republicans are pretty much guaranteed to lose.

Bruised egos/when people realize their days of power are over seems to breed desperation I didn't know was possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections