Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 11:08 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,899,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
I think it is for the best if conservatives do not field a third-party option, because then the Trumpettes will have a ready made excuse for why he lost the election. At this point in time, it is just best to let Trump's candidacy die a natural death.

I understand the argument for running a third-party candidate; namely, that such a candidacy will limit the down-ballot bloodbath for the GOP. However, I am hopeful that in 2018 the GOP will recoup the huge losses it suffers this year.
The "Dole" in your name has endorsed Donald Trump. Just thought you should know. Not that it will likely matter: like all anti-Trumpers, you are probably blinded by a fanatical delusion and stubborn refusal to even WANT to see beyond your filters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 11:20 AM

7,492 posts, read 5,744,386 times
This entire election cycle is actually pretty hilarious.

Liberals are blindly following Hillary who could give two chits about them and should be in prison
Blacks continue to vote for the party that fought to keep slavery and brought them the KKK
Cons elites are going crazy over the fact they may loose their corporate money
Working cons are so pissed at loosing jobs to China and becoming a 3rd world country through trade they vote Trump

Good Lord, it couldn't get anymore assinine.

If it wouldn't be for the liberals need for their neighbor to take care of them I'd say lets all put Trump in DC just to raise hell for 8 years.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:20 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Except for the Never Trump crowd, I was neutral about the Republicans who were upset with Trump winning. (The Never Trumpers are just gross and disgusting). I understand that people can be upset (heck, I liked Cruz. And of course, as a conservative Republican, I have long been accustomed to being disappointed by my party on a regular basis).

But now, unless the disappointed Republicans come around and support our nominee, I am lumping them all in with the Never Trumpers. To wit, I LOATHE them as much as possible. Their whining and nastiness just don't seem to be abating. God, the Trump bashers in the GOP are gross, disgusting people. Just fowl, nasty people.
Donald Trump is, you mean.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:49 AM

491 posts, read 319,437 times
Quote:
Except for the Never Trump crowd, I was neutral about the Republicans who were upset with Trump winning. (The Never Trumpers are just gross and disgusting). I understand that people can be upset (heck, I liked Cruz. And of course, as a conservative Republican, I have long been accustomed to being disappointed by my party on a regular basis).

But now, unless the disappointed Republicans come around and support our nominee, I am lumping them all in with the Never Trumpers. To wit, I LOATHE them as much as possible. Their whining and nastiness just don't seem to be abating. God, the Trump bashers in the GOP are gross, disgusting people. Just fowl, nasty people.
I think that it is totally unrealistic to expect the GOP to unite behind Trump given that he has hurled huge insults at so many in the GOP (including McCain, Romney, and the Bushes). You cannot receive loyalty until you have shown that you are a team player.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:13 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Do you mean "foul" people or are you saying they are ducks and chickens?

I had supported Cruz, like you. As a parent, I cannot teach my children that it is OK to get ahead by calling people "fat pigs" or "losers." Or suggesting that a crowd beat someone up or send someone out on a stretcher. That is a fascist, not Republican, ideology.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Donald Trump is, you mean.
Nah, I mean the people I said.
Are you one of them???

Old 05-14-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Do you mean "foul" people or are you saying they are ducks and chickens?

I had supported Cruz, like you. As a parent, I cannot teach my children that it is OK to get ahead by calling people "fat pigs" or "losers." Or suggesting that a crowd beat someone up or send someone out on a stretcher. That is a fascist, not Republican, ideology.

Whatever. You can call whatever stupid names you want to call, and you can try to bend reality all you want.

I'm just glad that it seems like somebody is FINALLY willing to actually FIGHT for MY children's future...........unlike all the GOP Establishment flunkies (you know: the guys and gals that Cruz hopped into bed with???)

Oh, and you forget the Hitler reference. You're welcome.
Clown.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:29 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Whatever. You can call whatever stupid names you want to call, and you can try to bend reality all you want.

I'm just glad that it seems like somebody is FINALLY willing to actually FIGHT for MY children's future...........unlike all the GOP Establishment flunkies (you know: the guys and gals that Cruz hopped into bed with???)

Oh, and you forget the Hitler reference. You're welcome.
Clown.
I guess you take after Trump by making ad hominem insults. In what way is Trump fighting for anyone's future but his? He is making promises he knows are flatly illegal and he can't keep, such as excluding Muslims from the U.S. and making a poor country pay for a wall for the U.S.'s benefit.

And I did not refer to Hitler.

Old 05-14-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I guess you take after Trump by making ad hominem insults. In what way is Trump fighting for anyone's future but his? He is making promises he knows are flatly illegal and he can't keep, such as excluding Muslims from the U.S. and making a poor country pay for a wall for the U.S.'s benefit.

I know. You forgot the de rigeur reference to Hitler.
I was helping you.

And do you REALLY expect to ever find a single politician who is not fighting primarily for themselves?? Or who doesn't make promises they can't keep??
Wow.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:34 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
I think that it is totally unrealistic to expect the GOP to unite behind Trump given that he has hurled huge insults at so many in the GOP (including McCain, Romney, and the Bushes). You cannot receive loyalty until you have shown that you are a team player.
Loyalty, for some, is not a tradable commodity.

Quote:

Selective much? There is precedent for excluding groups of people, plus he said they have to be vetted.
Homeland security says there's no sure way of vetting them at this time.

So, what would you do, not knowing who they are or why they are coming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections