Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Trump 95 48.47%
Clinton 63 32.14%
Someone Else 38 19.39%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 10:17 AM

38,967 posts, read 27,328,653 times

Advertisements

Does it mean that CD posters are overwhelmingly republicans or conservative Republican leaning independence? (based on this election poll)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 10:30 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,652,476 times
What makes you think only Republicans or independence are voting for Trump?

Old 05-20-2016, 11:12 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,146,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I'd like to see how accurate the CD members are
You can also check accuracy by looking at forum threads/posts in 2012. Sure looked like Romney was going to win according to the forum.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:21 AM

29,382 posts, read 16,289,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
What makes you think only Republicans or independence are voting for Trump?
There is a good bit of polling on cross over voting and it looks like he is getting the same number of Democrats as Romney got, while Clinton would get more Republicans than Obama got.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:08 PM

1,050 posts, read 693,739 times
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2644307

Beautifully written Shaun King article. If Bernie isn't our Dem candidate, I'm not voting for dem

Old 05-20-2016, 05:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,146,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
KING: Here

Beautifully written Shaun King article. If Bernie isn't our Dem candidate, I'm not voting for dem
Ok--who do you think you are punishing?

Old 05-20-2016, 05:23 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,837,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It was Sanders who argued that the government should not put limitations on abortion because it is a decision that should solely be between a women and her doctor, not Clinton.
The little I've heard Clinton talk about abortion, she doesn't seem to support restrictions on when an abortion can be done... She might "accept" a restriction, but she's certainly more likely to be on the permissive side of the spectrum. Her slogan "safe, legal, and rare" certainly sounds good to a begrudgingly pro-abortion Republican like myself, but like I said earlier, it's hard to pin her down on a lot of these issues because she's moderated her views so much.
Quote:
You are right on this one. She has not specifically put forth a plan, But neither has any other candidate for as long as I have been following politics and that includes Donald Trump who admitted it wasnt realistic to round them up.

This is not to deflect from her having a plan, but to specifically mention that if this is your tipping point, it is invalid.
Hillary Clinton's plan for immigration is pretty clear cut. You can surmise from what she's said about it, what it will end up looking like. Clinton supports a pathway to citizenship, supports Obama's unconstitutional executive actions and has vowed to go even further, along with a plethora of other things. Have a look for yourself.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issue...ration-reform/

Pretty near every word of that is unacceptable to me. Donald Trump is at least in the right frame of mind on this issue. His stated position lines up closer to mine than Clinton's.
Quote:
Her argument is that the boarder is secure. Deportations are up while net immigration from Mexico is down.
I disagree with her, as do many others.
Quote:
Which is why we agree to disagree.
Right. Clinton wants to do what her husband did and use lawsuits as leverage to try and blackmail the gun industry in to changing their practices, without ever having to pass a single law through Congress. So, you either agree with her on that, OR, you think that companies should be held liable when their lawfully sold products are misused by a criminal....

Either way, it's absurd.
Quote:
Paid(key work) Maternity leave in this country is a choice made by the company. So im not sure how you can make such a claim.
Clinton supports a mandated paid family leave, i.e. it wouldn't be a choice for employers...

Hillary Clinton Calls For Paid Family Leave In Mother's Day Campaign Video
Quote:
Minimum wage is a different story, and far more complicated as the cost of labor(or rather the time spend doing labor for the individual) needs to be worth the employees time.
The market by-and-large, and merit, should determine what an employees labor is worth, not the government.
Quote:
Also, Trump supports a higher minimum wage.
You don't have to tell me what a fraud and buffoon Trump is. I'll happily concede that. Like I said, this is about picking the best of two terrible options. At least Trump says ( at the moment ) that it should be left up to the states to determine.
Quote:
A proportional flat tax is still making the rich pay more based on them having more money. But if you mean an actual flat tax amount, then you are making a very flawed argument.

someone making 25 million a year should not pay the same in taxes as someone making 25,000. That kind of flat tax would bankrupt the government over night.
I'm talking about a proportional flat tax. It's much more fair than what we have now. That's probably never going to happen though. It's more about the mentality of Democrats that rich people somehow owe more because they had the audacity to make something of themselves. Just loom at what Bernie says "we're going to take on the billionaire class"... as if they were villainous or something.
Quote:
I disagree that Clinton took the opposite view on any of these issues.
Just go back to 2008 where Clinton was trying to pander to gun owners. Obama called her Annie Oakley. Or go and watch the videos of Clinton saying that marriage is between one man and one woman, but now that public sentiment has shifted on the issue in the past few decades, Oh, now all of a sudden she supports gay marriage. I support gay marriage too, but this goes to prove my point. She's the quintessential politician. Fake as ever. Who is the real Hillary Clinton? What does she actually believe? Your guess is as good as any.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:27 PM

30,122 posts, read 23,508,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I guess I'd have to vote for Trump, if the election were today, but believe me, I'm not happy about it. I don't support him. I'm just giving my vote to the lesser of two evils. Trump and Clinton are two of the biggest frauds in American politics. Each will say and do anything to advance themselves.

Clinton, though experienced, will ruin our country with her Liberal policies. She'll stack the Supreme Court with Liberals who will carry on her policies for the next 50 years. That's predictable. We know what she'll do. There's no mystery there.

Trump likely will also destroy our country and destroy our countries reputation throughout the world. But on the other hand, he is unpredictable, and that's the only thing he's got going for him. There's at least a fraction of a chance he would govern in a way that's acceptable. There's at least a fraction of a chance he would appoint decent judges to the court.

No 3rd party candidate is remotely realistic, and principled opposition to Trump by Conservatives is short sighted in the long term.
Here is his list for possible SC Justices:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...ates-supreme-c

As for "lesser of two evils", I've never bought into that, and blame no-one for choosing third party or write-in. I do see that someone, who gave me a lot of bs for that last election is voting for Trump despite how much she despises him, so now I have to back off because while I don't agree with that, at least she's not a hypocrite.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-21-2016 at 04:19 AM..

Old 05-21-2016, 04:23 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,701,245 times
Trump Needs to pick a VP candidate

Old 05-21-2016, 05:13 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,022,408 times
Two interesting things I noted in looking over the voters.

1) Wow! The someone else vote is closer to Hil's count then Trump's, by a significant margin. Unfavorability related or just independents who cannot stomach either candidate.

2) I recognize fewer of the Hil voters than I do for Trump's voters. Multiple accounts - voter fraud - , making votes appear better for the blue candidate.

Like this poll; unscientific observations. Maybe I will have to do Nicka Silpea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections