Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 12:18 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So now we're just making things up?

Prove that Trump has been paid $1.5 million for a speech.

There is no reason for any presidential candidate to release their tax returns. That's between them and the IRS.
well that took about 3 seconds to find.

Donald Trump makes a lot of money for a speech - Business Insider

Washington's Highest (and Lowest) Speaking Fees - ABC News

Of course it would have been even easier if Trump had, as is customary for presidential candidates, released his tax returns where it presumably would have been listed as income.

And sure, why don't you go tell the last 40 years worth of candidates that there was no reason for them to release their tax returns. The reason is that it's become the norm for people in that position and because some people consider it relevant information even if you don't. And you don't get to decide what someone else considers relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 12:30 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Those are b.s. sources.

Nice try

Quote:
Of course it would have been even easier if Trump had, as is customary for presidential candidates, released his tax returns where it presumably would have been listed as income.

And sure, why don't you go tell the last 40 years worth of candidates that there was no reason for them to release their tax returns. The reason is that it's become the norm for people in that position and because some people consider it relevant information even if you don't. And you don't get to decide what someone else considers relevant.
And you and the other anti-Trumps don't get to decide either.

Trump shouldn't give you the time of day, much less his tax returns.

Last edited by dechatelet; 05-14-2016 at 12:41 AM..

Old 05-14-2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
....I am not impressed by a guy....calling Mexicans rapists
That's not true -- as I'm sure you already know -- so nothing you say needs to be taken seriously.

Trump was talking about illegal aliens who commit serious crimes in this country, not all Mexicans.

Quote:
Will he decimate Social Security and Medicare?
Where has he ever even suggested that he wants to do that?

The opposite is true.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:39 AM

Quote:
So one guy makes a post that you hang your hat on. I guess all the other presidential candidates since 1976 were wrong to release theirs.
So because other people do stupid things they don't have to do, Trump is supposed to do the same?

Trump is actually showing intelligence and leadership here -- unlike the others who allowed themselves to be bullied.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:04 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
I don't look to politicians to legislate my prosperity but I like to think my taxes will go to the betterment of my country. I am not impressed by a guy that runs for president bragging about how little he pays, calling Mexicans rapists, calling women ugly or retweeting the KKK. I think the guy is dangerous, I think he is in it to increase his own personal wealth, I think he will do real damage to the country, I think he will get us into a war, I think he will leave the country worse off. You are citing Clinton having the resources to help her dad in the hospital, you don't think Trump would do the same with his money? Seriously?

Trump's record is ridiculous, four bankruptcies after inheriting his money, three wives, three families, he brags himself in that phone call that he is living with Marla while having three girlfriends. It doesn't matter, the election will happen, someone will win, someone will lose and we'll see. But I want to make sure Republicans own Donald Trump, all through the campaign season. They have to own every single thing he does, says and the results from it. Will he decimate Social Security and Medicare? Fine, Republicans will own that too. They already have Paul Ryan as Speaker so no one can be surprised.

Wow..just...wow. That is some class A crazy there. Of course nothing you actually said is original, its just regurgitated BS from your favorite America hating, racist blogs. Try comming up with an original idea, or else please post links to the sources you quoted. Thanks

Old 05-14-2016, 01:33 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So because other people do stupid things they don't have to do, Trump is supposed to do the same?

Trump is actually showing intelligence and leadership here -- unlike the others who allowed themselves to be bullied.
Trump is a fraud and he doesn't want to reveal that before the election. That's what he's scared of. Being scared is not "showing leadership." It's showing cowardice.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:12 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No.

Is there anything that could be in Hillary's tax return that would stop you from voting for her?

It's all about vetting the candidate and understanding what they are about.

Why does Trump have to wait until after the audit to release his returns,
what does he need to hide. After all he has smart people working for him.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:42 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
I can also bet my life that Mr. Trump would never, ever release his tax returns, even after audits are over. Think about it, he has been audited for like 14 years straight. That would continue, though if he were POTUS he will surely exert some undue pressure to end the audits.

Mr. Trump hasn't released tax returns for years which are no longer under review, because they allegedly would have possible impact on the ones still being audited.

So, together, these two things would be the excuse for him not to release the tax returns, even after audits are completed for some or all of the tax years being examined.

Ultimately, he is going to say, "they are none of your business." Why? Because it's all BS. Clearly, he is hiding something; most likely his effective tax rate and non-existent charitable donations.

Mick

Old 05-14-2016, 05:43 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Honestly, who cares? The releasing of tax returns is about the dumbest tradition candidates engage in.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:47 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's all about vetting the candidate and understanding what they are about.

Why does Trump have to wait until after the audit to release his returns,
what does he need to hide. After all he has smart people working for him.
"Smart people" cannot make up facts on tax returns, especially when they have to affirm under penalty. Tax lawyers and accountants could lose their license for manufacturing BS.

"Smart people" are not going to make up for the fact that your effective tax rate is even lower than that of Romney.

"Smart people" are not going to make up for the nearly zero charitable donations.

"Smart people" are not going to hide your lower-than-expected, which might have allowed him to somehow take a tax credit for people earning $500K or less.

Besides, looking at his campaign staff, he has questionable judgment in picking "smart people."

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections