U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 05:28 PM

8,627 posts, read 4,631,300 times

Advertisements

Looking for a candiate:
Who is either Universal Healthcare or State controls own healthcare
Who is environmental friendly
For tax payer education or encourage states to lower education
Focused on small clandestine wars
Supports the UN
Against free trade
Supports raising wage or leave it to the States
Against the Patriot Act
Supports Unions
Privitize social security
Tax reform leave it to the States mostly
Lower corporation taxes bring businesses back bring job's back
Illegal immigration reform encourage border nations to support US in curving illegal immigrantion
Close private immigration holding facilities
Amnesty for current illegals if they can pass citizenship test
Don't break up illegal families
Visa reform
Stop funding to Sanctuary cities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 05:30 PM

3,904 posts, read 1,716,964 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCS6PbtbGmA

Old 05-11-2016, 05:34 PM

32,907 posts, read 19,852,928 times
I read an article online, says Gary Johnson is the best hope for NeverTrump. I am not fully convinced. He certainly doesn't have the name recognition.

You should build your party to be larger by winning the smaller offices first, then take your shots at President once you have a base that'll give you at least a halfway realistic shot.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:26 PM

11,248 posts, read 5,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I read an article online, says Gary Johnson is the best hope for NeverTrump. I am not fully convinced. He certainly doesn't have the name recognition.

You should build your party to be larger by winning the smaller offices first, then take your shots at President once you have a base that'll give you at least a halfway realistic shot.
If name recognition is one of your qualifying criteria for who you would vote for, I suggest writing in The Pope, Michael Jordan, Oprah, or a Kardashian. Otherwise maybe look at what the candidates actually stand for and their previous record.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
If name recognition is one of your qualifying criteria for who you would vote for, I suggest writing in The Pope, Michael Jordan, Oprah, or a Kardashian. Otherwise maybe look at what the candidates actually stand for and their previous record.
Well, did I say name recognition is one of MY qualifying criteria? I didn't, did I?

I said he couldn't win because he did not have name recognition. duh

I voted for him once, perhaps will vote for him again.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:43 PM

8,627 posts, read 4,631,300 times
He is going to be on all the state ballots he shold be included I the Republican/Democrat debate

Old 05-11-2016, 06:47 PM

2,780 posts, read 3,654,660 times
Quote:

I've been saying that for 35 years.Shooting for the 'top job' when you have no base of support is NEVER going to work.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I've been saying that for 35 years.Shooting for the 'top job' when you have no base of support is NEVER going to work.
exactly

Old 05-12-2016, 08:49 AM

11,248 posts, read 5,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I tried to vote for the Libertarian who was running for election at the state level last year and he really rubbed me the wrong way and seemed off base. That came to be justified this year when he came out as a huge supporter of Ted Cruz.

Unfortunately I think that the Libertarian party can become the catch-all especially for state/local candidates because they try to take advantage of the fact that its got the strongest name recognition in a very weak field of third parties.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:51 AM

1,100 posts, read 474,680 times
Quote:

I agree, and i've noticed a trend in the libertarian movement with grassroots efforts to get more libertarians to run at local and state levels over the last 6 years or so. Yet, the majority don't do well - and I think most of that is due to funding, or a lack of, compared to their establishment rivals.

I think it's important though to have a LP candidate running in the general election - especially if there's potential to gain 5% or more of the popular vote - which will open up federal funding for the LP candidate in 2020 (this year alone, each establishment party is expected to receive ~100 million or more in federal funding for their general election push). If they can get 5% or more of the popular vote - then they'll garner 60-70+ million for the 2020 general election. That alone will be huge for advertising/marketing and getting the word out - which trickles down and helps the local/state level libertarians running, as more people become aware of the actual LP agenda vs seeing it as a fringe third party.

At least people are asking who is Gary Johnson (who isn't the LP candidate yet - he still has to secure the nomination at the LPC) and asking what is libertarianism and/or what is the LP all about.

Honestly, for true progressive - they should look into the green party as well...as they probably represent true progressives more so than the democrat party does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or