U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 07:38 AM

29,735 posts, read 16,481,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's a fallacious question.

Then again I assume you don't really want to address the facts behind how Hillary handled that case.
I spend significant time with attorneys and a variety of tragedies.

We laugh at things that other people would be shocked at.

It's called gallows humor and you either develop it ~ or find another line of work.

Know any doctors or nurses? They do the same thing.

I guess you hate them too.

Whatev.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 07:43 AM

1,268 posts, read 620,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

It's called gallows humor and you either develop it ~ or find another line of work.

Whatev.
Very true. Nurses and doctors most certainly do this. You might also want to think before you eat with them while talking shop.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:45 AM

26,276 posts, read 8,939,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Here's the thing when you are a lawyer, you often end up with cases where you don't necessarily like the client however you must give them the best defense possible. My husband was assigned plenty of soldiers who he knew were guilty, thought were an affront to the uniform, and would have much rather prosecuted but he still had to give them a vigorous defense. Winning often meant conflicted feelings. There were times he had to "attack" victims, which he hated, but no matter how scummy your client lawyers have a moral obligation to do their job well. He got paid regardless of how successful he was so it wasn't about money. His deal was that a defense attorney must make sure the innocent don't get convicted of a crime they didn't commit even if that means sometimes you end up helping the guilty get away with crime.

This is one of those instances where I think people come to erroneous conclusions about Hillary. Someone has to be the defense attorney.
Why do you hate females who have been raped ? Aren't they the real innocent party ?

Old 05-12-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why do you hate females who have been raped ? Aren't they the real innocent party ?
What in the world does that have to do with her post?

The constitution says that every accused will be provided a defense. Do you want to just . . do away with that?

Old 05-12-2016, 08:03 AM

7,049 posts, read 4,048,962 times
Quote:

Whatev.
I am a lawyer, while often you get cases you don't want, this one was done as a favor. Further, when you get a case like this, working in some sort of appointed counsel, your job is to make sure the rules are being followed, and to defend the client. What Hillary did was despicable. Sorry, I've done appointed counsel work for felonies, getting minors to admit they liked being molested isn't part of it. Neither are loosely phrased insinuations that she cried wolf in the past.

She was part of a scheme to make the jury view the boy in a more favorable light by requesting a female represent him.

It isn't unethical, but there is a character flaw in a person like this, and I know lawyers like this, unfortunately.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I am a lawyer, while often you get cases you don't want, this one was done as a favor. Further, when you get a case like this, working in some sort of appointed counsel, your job is to make sure the rules are being followed, and to defend the client. What Hillary did was despicable. Sorry, I've done appointed counsel work for felonies, getting minors to admit they liked being molested isn't part of it. Neither are loosely phrased insinuations that she cried wolf in the past.

She was part of a scheme to make the jury view the boy in a more favorable light by requesting a female represent him.

It isn't unethical, but there is a character flaw in a person like this, and I know lawyers like this, unfortunately.
Read the article I posted please.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Read the article I posted please.
I read it, it raises more questions then it answers. Clinton says it was a favor, misremembers the case yet interviews about it in detail, prosecutor (equally culpable of misremembering) has a different story. Politifact frames a story about the Prosecutors words, inserts its own ideas and raises the possibility that she was under pressure to do it.

It doesn't address my post in the slightest, my post is about her conduct. Even if there was pressure, it was still part of a scheme for empathy, and her conduct reveals character flaws. I know lots of people like Hillary in this profession, I wouldn't want any of them in a position of power, unfortunately she's being forced on me.

Try again.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I read it, it raises more questions then it answers. Clinton says it was a favor, misremembers the case yet interviews about it in detail, prosecutor (equally culpable of misremembering) has a different story.

It doesn't address my post in the slightest, my post is about her conduct. Even if there was pressure, it was still part of a scheme for empathy, and her conduct reveals character flaws.

Try again.
I disagree. YOU try again.

The article is from Politi-fact. They draw their own conclusions.

You, of course, are free to draw your conclusions as a anti-Hillary poster.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I disagree. YOU try again.

The article is from Politi-fact. They draw their own conclusions.

You, of course, are free to draw your conclusions as a anti-Hillary poster.
Anti-Hillary? I don't want the woman and I'm not going to brush off her vast flaws and fall in line sorry. I'll vote for her if i have to, but my state isn't a swing state so I see no point right now.

Is politi-fact some reputable authority now? How does it stack against the other versions of the same story from different political sites? You find one strenuous logical stretch and run with it.

Way to ignore the post btw.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:57 AM

40,008 posts, read 24,268,964 times
Quote:

Secretary Clinton proved that the prosecutor's office mishandled the evidence. And they did. The rapist got off because of the prosecutor. Plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or