U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:55 AM

477 posts, read 877,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Makes you almost wish you were one of the millions of Americans that haven't got a clue about what's going on. You know, running to soccer, playing on their blackberry, IPod and watching Survivor. When do you think those folks will notice the country has fallen apart?

I've often thought of this. Sometimes I wish I was a brain dead Faux News freakazoid. Ignorance really bliss.

Maybe I'll just go to a hypnotist - and tell him or her to "Give me the Faux News overhaul".

On the way home from being hypnotized, I'm gonna pick me up one of them red white and blue screaming eagle t-shirts from Walmart. Maybe a Clay Aiken and a Billy Ray Cyrus CD, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 09:33 AM

9,715 posts, read 13,298,503 times
I still think it would lighten up this election considerably if Britney Spears would run as a third party candidate. I know she's a little bit young but she could promise us the following things:

1. Total transparency in the President's office. After all, does Britney do anything that everyone doesn't know about? The news media cover her 24 hours a day.

2. Lots of entertaining moments with at least one new scandal a week.

I'm sure there is plenty more but it's early and I'm too tired to think about it...

Old 02-15-2008, 09:48 AM

19,500 posts, read 20,859,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
I've often thought of this. Sometimes I wish I was a brain dead Faux News freakazoid. Ignorance really bliss.

Maybe I'll just go to a hypnotist - and tell him or her to "Give me the Faux News overhaul".

On the way home from being hypnotized, I'm gonna pick me up one of them red white and blue screaming eagle t-shirts from Walmart. Maybe a Clay Aiken and a Billy Ray Cyrus CD, too.
You might remove the nose ring and tattoos whle you're at it. That'll help brighten your outlook!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:12 AM

29 posts, read 61,507 times
Quote:
"Good God! What a terrible election this is!

I keep reading about the huge turnout in various primaries, and Iím dumbfounded. How on earth could anyone be enthused about this slate of candidates?

Am I missing something?"

"...it looks like our next president will be a deranged militarist, a shrill neo-Marxist, or a sloganeering lightweight steeped in cultish adulation.

And all the while, the USS Titanic churns ever closer to its rendezvous with the icebergs."

The Election From Hell by Steven LaTulippe

Oh my goodness! Your flair for the dramatic is funny. Although I do agree with you that McCain would bomb a field of butterflies, and Clinton hands out gov't aid to people like candy on halloween, and some Obamonites are beyond insane and need to get a life. but would you seriously rather have Bush/Kerry again?

Nothing could be worse my friend........nothing.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,398,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
If you have some spare time, writing letters to your Congresscritters is a good way to let them know you approve or despise the job they're doing. I've been doing it regularly now for a few months. They hardly ever agree with me when I tell them they're traitors, but at least they know a few people still care about the rule of law and our freedoms.
I dont think Congress wants to hear from me.

If I did sit down and write them a letter, I would expect the Secret Service at my door shortly after to figure out if I'm a threat or unstable.

There is a certain mindset difference between me and those in Congress. I believe in supporting myself, Congress feels I need a handout. It seems that supporting yourself is simply unamerican anymore.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:

I'm sensing a pattern with you. Find any political posting that you can respond to, and blame Fox news. Try and stay focused, the topic isnt Fox. If you want to talk about Fox News, start a new thread.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:33 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,355,836 times
In a way, I agree Berkshire, but any of those candidates are 1000 times better than the pile of ---- and his puppet who have run the country into the ground the last 7 years!!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
In a way, I agree Berkshire, but any of those candidates are 1000 times better than the pile of ---- and his puppet who have run the country into the ground the last 7 years!!!!
The topic is the current election, not the current president. Try to stay focused.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:47 PM

6 posts, read 16,641 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? I love to hear about them pinko libs talking about our economic "perfect storm" a brewing! It's like crazy talk, man! I usually then just get liquored up on Boone's Farm and Schlitz Light and get my cousin Bobby to drive me to the mall so I can max on my credit card! What a rush it all is to spend wildly, with no worries about tommorow.... while high on cheap booze! Hell, if Bush can do it, so can I!

The other night, I purchased my 6th plasma television - I now don't leave any room in the house without watching a 24/7 Fox News broadcast in High Definition. The last plasma TV purchased... was put in my master bathroom - and I'll tell you what - the picture is sweet as hell when sitting on the toilet!

And that picture is the best... when the Fox News Bubble Headed Bleach Blonde (with a gleam in her eye) tells me everythang in America is just fine and dandy... economy souuund... and them "terrarists" are on the run! Talk about an awesome version of world events in High Definition! It's some kick ass stuff, baby!

Oops... gotta go... the wife is yelling something about some dang collection agency on the phone... probably just one them terrarists trying to infiltrate my American way of life!

And oh yeah! I'm voting for that McCain fella! That sonofabitch is gonna bomb the planet! Imagine what that is gonna look like in HDTV!!! Whaaa-hooo!

You left out your big mac and fries.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:53 PM

6 posts, read 16,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Makes you almost wish you were one of the millions of Americans that haven't got a clue about what's going on. You know, running to soccer, playing on their blackberry, IPod and watching Survivor. When do you think those folks will notice the country has fallen apart?

I'd like to say when they're no longer teenagers, but unfortunatly I have met too many adults that fit your description to believe growing up has anything to do with it any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or