U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2016, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
9,832 posts, read 7,675,073 times
Reputation: 6288

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hupe-La View Post
Oh... bless. I wonder who negotiated what, over posting (and posing!) this.
McConnell: "You see Donald, our federal government is comprised of three branches--the executive branch, the legislative branch, and the judicial branch. Each has the ability to check the powers of the other two..."

Trump: "You're boring me, Mitch--I'll figure this stuff out later. Who's that on the wall?" - Trump

McConnell: "That's Abraham Lincoln. He was our 16th president, Donald."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2016, 03:01 PM
 
952 posts, read 405,336 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
McConnell: "You see Donald, our federal government is comprised of three branches--the executive branch, the legislative branch, and the judicial branch. Each has the ability to check the powers of the other two..."

Trump: "You're boring me, Mitch--I'll figure this stuff out later. Who's that on the wall?" - Trump

McConnell: "That's Abraham Lincoln. He was our 16th president, Donald."
LOL...the possibilities are endless!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2016, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Northern NJ/Amagansett, NY
10,954 posts, read 10,188,533 times
Reputation: 7729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
Nah, not really. This anti-Trumper is fairly scarce around here lately and I don't really care that much at this point.

If he wins, I'll still have God, a great family a good job...and SquirrelWig McRacistpants as a President.

If he loses, I'll STILL have God, a great family, a good job...AND I'll just get to come back here in November and cackle at you all for thinking one of the WORLD's most disliked men honestly even stood a chance once he gets his wig and a$$ handed to him.

Either way I'm good. But if it makes you feel all righteous and tingly to think that we're all out here fuming...carry on.

If those delusions keep you warm at night, far be it from me to get in your way.
"If he wins, I'll still have God, a great family a good job...and SquirrelWig McRacistpants as a President."

"I'll just get to come back here in November and cackle at you all for thinking one of the WORLD's most disliked men honestly even stood a chance once he gets his wig and a$$ handed to him."




Your post contradicts itself.

The first quote assumes that you think he stands a chance of winning.

The second quote says that you will cackle at the people who thought "he even stood a chance".

You wouldn't be hedging your bets if you didn't think he stood a chance.

So will you be cackling at yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2016, 04:46 PM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,728,934 times
Reputation: 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If some would go back and look, there were a few of us that noted that as soon as he got the nomination he would moderate his positions.

If you want to argue that is typical, I most certainly won't disagree but it is pretty run of the mill.
Its called being a pathetic fraud and a sellout. Turning your back on millions who voted for the rhetoric you ran your campaign on. It just proves Trump can't be trusted and will lie and then sellout to whoever, even the establishment to get votes. Pathetic, he's no better than Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2016, 04:49 PM
 
78,878 posts, read 33,547,251 times
Reputation: 15805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Its called being a pathetic fraud and a sellout. Turning your back on millions who voted for the rhetoric you ran your campaign on. It just proves Trump can't be trusted and will lie and then sellout to whoever, even the establishment to get votes. Pathetic, he's no better than Hillary.
Nobody voted for Trump. They voted against Cruz and the rest of the establishment.

Here is why Trump won.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/05/12/fi...ama-requested/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2016, 04:53 PM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,728,934 times
Reputation: 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody voted for Trump. They voted against Cruz and the rest of the establishment.
Well the joke is on them because Trump is now an establishment puppet. Did you REALLY think a billionaire, one percenter elitist who's made a career off crony capitalism was going to go to Washington and change the system he helped build? LOL!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2016, 04:55 PM
 
78,878 posts, read 33,547,251 times
Reputation: 15805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Well the joke is on them because Trump is now an establishment puppet. Did you REALLY think a billionaire, one percenter elitist who's made a career off crony capitalism was going to go to Washington and change the system he helped build? LOL!!!!
I didn't vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2016, 04:58 PM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,728,934 times
Reputation: 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't vote for him.
Ok, well you sure defend him a lot. Thats odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2016, 05:05 PM
 
78,878 posts, read 33,547,251 times
Reputation: 15805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Ok, well you sure defend him a lot. Thats odd.
I discuss him. I've said he holds many positions that I simply can not support.

In the very minimal argument of there being no other options and who would you rather see win, Hillary or Trump, I would rather see Trump. I'm not voting for either though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2016, 05:06 PM
 
952 posts, read 405,336 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hupe-La View Post
Oh... bless. I wonder who negotiated what, over posting (and posing!) this.
Mitch: You have to go down a level and to your left. The restroom will be on your left, after you turn.

Trump: So, let me get this straight...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top