U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 05:36 PM

2,370 posts, read 1,129,406 times

Advertisements

I love the way Charlie Cook puts it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ7x1IQj4Z8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 05:40 PM

39,329 posts, read 20,396,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Its called being a pathetic fraud and a sellout. Turning your back on millions who voted for the rhetoric you ran your campaign on. It just proves Trump can't be trusted and will lie and then sellout to whoever, even the establishment to get votes. Pathetic, he's no better than Hillary.
The left wants a fight that's obvious. They are also used to someone who thinks he's dictator, not someone who is willing to listen to different opinions.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:40 PM

8,041 posts, read 4,206,828 times
Quote:
Ryan kisses the ring.
It's party survival 101. The GOP elites backed themselves into a corner fighting so hard against Trump's nomination. Now it's either make peace with Trump or rip the party to shreds. Honestly, the big mistake was going waaaay overboard trying to thwart The Donald. If they'd been smarter, they wouldn't have gotten so loud in their defiance of Trump.

The one huge upside is that the entire GOP is somewhat disassociated from Trump. Senators and Congressmen running for reelection can honestly say, "We tried our best." This may very well shield many from losing their seats because of Trump's candidacy. We'll see how it all plays out of course.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:00 PM

465 posts, read 198,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
"If he wins, I'll still have God, a great family a good job...and SquirrelWig McRacistpants as a President."

"I'll just get to come back here in November and cackle at you all for thinking one of the WORLD's most disliked men honestly even stood a chance once he gets his wig and a$$ handed to him."

Your post contradicts itself.

The first quote assumes that you think he stands a chance of winning.

The second quote says that you will cackle at the people who thought "he even stood a chance".

You wouldn't be hedging your bets if you didn't think he stood a chance.

So will you be cackling at yourself?
You're doing too much.

Obviously I don't think he'll win, but I'm not so delusional and self righteous to think that I can never be wrong. I'll leave that line of thinking to Trumpettes. My only point was to debunk the notion that those of us who are don't like Trump are over here wetting the bed as he advances.
At this point is just free entertainment, and a sad commentary on the overall intelligence of our society.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:21 PM

11,018 posts, read 10,213,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
You're doing too much.

Obviously I don't think he'll win, but I'm not so delusional and self righteous to think that I can never be wrong. I'll leave that line of thinking to Trumpettes. My only point was to debunk the notion that those of us who are don't like Trump are over here wetting the bed as he advances.
At this point is just free entertainment, and a sad commentary on the overall intelligence of our society.
Dont sell yourself short. That last sentence sounds plenty self righteous.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:38 AM

4,881 posts, read 2,356,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Ok, well you sure defend him a lot. Thats odd.

Egg on your face dex? Some people look at bot the positives and the negatives and don't focus on just the negatives. They can discuss in favor of someone even if they don't like them.

This is the problem with conservatives like yourself. You put yourself in a corner by eliminating the idea of compromise and unbiased thought processes and that is why the GOP party is so fractured. Sometimes if you give a little - you get a lot. Failure to consider the positives of a Trump Presidency - vs always looking at the negatives - he may get bored and quit, he dies in office or he does a good job and opens the door to a nominee more to your liking for the next 4 yrs after he decides not to run for a second term - is blinded by your hatred.

Now if Hillary gets in - we're assured of 4 more years of Obama's policies and another uphill battle for republicans to reclaim the WH. We may not have outsiders in 4 yrs like Bernie or Trump running that excite the people. Take your chance while you have it

Old 05-13-2016, 03:46 AM

4,881 posts, read 2,356,780 times
Quote:
You're doing too much.

Actually when looking at your previous posts - you do sound a bit self rightous. You're not delusional but the maturity level could be higher - calling people Trumpettes - is a bit childish.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:09 AM

22,241 posts, read 15,323,013 times
I think the OP has it backwards as to who's kissing who's ring.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:16 AM

79,541 posts, read 33,688,908 times
Quote:
You're doing too much.

People who are sick and tired of politicians lying to them are unintelligent? They are not voting for Trump, they are voting against the likes of Boehner, McConnell and Ryan.

Here is why they are doing what they are doing.

Senate Spending Bill Higher Than Obama's Request

Old 05-13-2016, 06:56 AM

11,018 posts, read 10,213,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People who are sick and tired of politicians lying to them are unintelligent? They are not voting for Trump, they are voting against the likes of Boehner, McConnell and Ryan.

Here is why they are doing what they are doing.

Senate Spending Bill Higher Than Obama's Request
Exactly. I don't go around calling Hillary supporters "unintelligent" because that is not my way. But I have to wonder about people who make comments about Trump, and they don't even realize that their candidate does the same thing, only as a politician, they have learned to hide it much better.

People call Trump a "con artist", as if Hillary is not a con artist. In fact, she is a professional con artist. A much better con artist than Trump, because she has all these people thinking she isn't one. Does anyone really know what she believes? She will say whatever the polls tell her to say, and then if she gets in, she will do whatever she wants regardless of what she told the voters during the election.

I think most Trump supporters know exactly what Trump is, but I can't say the same for Hillary supporters or Obama supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or