U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 09:09 AM

465 posts, read 197,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People who are sick and tired of politicians lying to them are unintelligent? They are not voting for Trump, they are voting against the likes of Boehner, McConnell and Ryan.

Here is why they are doing what they are doing.

Senate Spending Bill Higher Than Obama's Request
If you're not unintelligent, then it doesn't apply to you, and therefore there is no need to be offended.

However, as a safe assumption, I do question the intelligence of someone voting for a thrice-married reality star, with the temperament of a 3 year old, who communicates via insults and hyperbole.

While I get that people are sick of the status quo, I don't see how the smart answer is to elect such an obviously poor choice. To me, its the equivalent of trying to use a banana to hang a picture, because a nail didn't work.

I tend to vote Democrat, but I really liked Bush 41, I even liked McCain (until he brought in numb-nuts and gave SNL and Tina Fey years worth of material). Although I didn't like all of their policies, those guys were fairly good choices. Whether they panned out or not, at least it didn't have the rest of the world looking at us like a bunch of toothless-hillbillies.

You don't make a glaringly poor choice, just because your other choices ticked you off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 09:18 AM

78,068 posts, read 33,277,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
If you're not unintelligent, then it doesn't apply to you, and therefore there is no need to be offended.
I know it's not about me. It's about what you said and I asked you to clarify.

Quote:
However, as a safe assumption, I do question the intelligence of someone voting for a thrice-married reality star, with the temperament of a 3 year old, who communicates via insults and hyperbole.
Yes, think about it. People chose that over continually being lied to. Is this what they voted for when they put the GOP back in power?

Senate Spending Bill Higher Than Obama's Request

Quote:
While I get that people are sick of the status quo, I don't see how the smart answer is to elect such an obviously poor choice. To me, its the equivalent of trying to use a banana to hang a picture, because a nail didn't work.
It was pretty much the only choice available. Trump won it when he raised his hand in the first debate. That is where the nomination was won.

Quote:
You don't make a glaringly poor choice, just because your other choices ticked you off.
They see this poor choice as better than the other poor choices.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:42 AM

14,210 posts, read 10,072,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
Once the exalted ring is kissed, something else is kissed soon thereafter.
An anus?

Old 05-13-2016, 11:32 AM

13,819 posts, read 25,129,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
An anus?
Uranaus...the 7th planet in our solar system.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:52 PM

71,706 posts, read 83,289,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
"encouraged", "positive", "work with", "win"

I don't understand why the press is saying Paul Ryan did not "endorse"
Trump.. he is the Republican Speaker of the House, of course he "endorses"
the Republican candidate against the Democrat.
Ryan was not even asked the question.

I suppose the non-story will not go away until they appear on stage together.
wow, it sounds to me like almost nothing happened. It was a built up meeting, lasting a whole 45 minutes and all either could say is: "I think it went well, progress was made" end of story. No one kissed anyone's anything. What did people expect?

Old 05-13-2016, 04:16 PM

22,581 posts, read 16,725,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Couldn't agree more - that's why I've blocked the most vocal of them. That and they're the first to tattle to the teacher about your responses because you don't agree with them.
Have to say that the whining mostly comes from those on the left. In the 6 years I've been on CD, I have reported exactly 1 person for a direct "personal attack". The fact is, many on here like to dish it out but they can NOT take it when it's thrown back on them. And about every year and a half, I will point out idiocy when I see it...for someone who is blunt in real life, creating flowery language to get around the "direct" part isn't something that tastes good...I consider it 'not being honest' when you do that. They run crying "to the teacher", and I get a scolding and time out. At no time, however, has it been due to my "blood boiling". If you all take this forum seriously enough that your blood is boiling, you should probably put the internet away for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Exactly. I don't go around calling Hillary supporters "unintelligent" because that is not my way. But I have to wonder about people who make comments about Trump, and they don't even realize that their candidate does the same thing, only as a politician, they have learned to hide it much better.

People call Trump a "con artist", as if Hillary is not a con artist. In fact, she is a professional con artist. A much better con artist than Trump, because she has all these people thinking she isn't one. Does anyone really know what she believes? She will say whatever the polls tell her to say, and then if she gets in, she will do whatever she wants regardless of what she told the voters during the election.

I think most Trump supporters know exactly what Trump is, but I can't say the same for Hillary supporters or Obama supporters.
The bolded. It's just another thing that the anti-Trumps fail to comprehend. It doesn't matter what "dirt" (lol) they dig up, supporting Trump is far bigger than just Trump. Until they get that, they will continue to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, it sounds to me like almost nothing happened. It was a built up meeting, lasting a whole 45 minutes and all either could say is: "I think it went well, progress was made" end of story. No one kissed anyone's anything. What did people expect?
We get to agree on something. I am not convinced this was some big moment in this election season. I don't think something like this will be resolved in a single 45 minute conversation - especially when you consider someone as establishment as Ryan is involved.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's just another thing that the anti-Trumps fail to comprehend. It doesn't matter what "dirt" (lol) they dig up, supporting Trump is far bigger than just Trump. Until they get that, they will continue to lose.
Well said!

Old 05-13-2016, 06:54 PM

5,382 posts, read 2,186,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Uranaus...the 7th planet in our solar system.

But what about Pluto? Huh? Pluto got the shaft!

Moderator cut: no manual signatures, please

Last edited by Marka; 05-22-2016 at 02:43 AM..

Old 05-13-2016, 06:59 PM

^ Pluto...is Mickey's dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or