Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 11:11 AM

20,098 posts, read 16,015,663 times

Advertisements

I definitely wouldn't call it kissing the ring but it is a step in the right direction if they want any hope of beating Clinton.

The joint statement:
The United States cannot afford another four years of the Obama White House, which is what Hillary Clinton represents. That is why it’s critical that Republicans unite around our shared principles, advance a conservative agenda, and do all we can to win this fall. With that focus, we had a great conversation this morning. While we were honest about our few differences, we recognize that there are also many important areas of common ground. We will be having additional discussions, but remain confident there’s a great opportunity to unify our party and win this fall, and we are totally committed to working together to achieve that goal. We are extremely proud of the fact that many millions of new voters have entered the primary system, far more than ever before in the Republican Party's history. This was our first meeting, but it was a very positive step toward unification.

It is the proper tone considering everything that has happen.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:15 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,898,935 times
Paul Ryan is a good man. Not so sure about Donny.

There is no question Hillary is evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 11:23 AM

465 posts, read 254,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
The excitement that Trump generates must drive these C-D anti-Trump'ers crazy.
Nah, not really. This anti-Trumper is fairly scarce around here lately and I don't really care that much at this point.

If he wins, I'll still have God, a great family a good job...and SquirrelWig McRacistpants as a President.

If he loses, I'll STILL have God, a great family, a good job...AND I'll just get to come back here in November and cackle at you all for thinking one of the WORLD's most disliked men honestly even stood a chance once he gets his wig and a$$ handed to him.

Either way I'm good. But if it makes you feel all righteous and tingly to think that we're all out here fuming...carry on.

If those delusions keep you warm at night, far be it from me to get in your way.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:31 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,163,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
Nah, not really. This anti-Trumper is fairly scarce around here lately and I don't really care that much at this point.

If he wins, I'll still have God, a great family a good job...and SquirrelWig McRacistpants as a President.

If he loses, I'll STILL have God, a great family, a good job...AND I'll just get to come back here in November and cackle at you all for thinking one of the WORLD's most disliked men honestly even stood a chance once he gets his wig and a$$ handed to him.

Either way I'm good. But if it makes you feel all righteous and tingly to think that we're all out here fuming...carry on.

If those delusions keep you warm at night, far be it from me to get in your way.
Hope you're good with 1,000 Muslim refugees hitting your little town. Maybe you can join your local assimilation patrol ? But go ahead and disappear again and take your dreams of fat Hill-Billy becoming the first female POTUS with ya ...

And just think that you still have God, a good family, and a good job ... none of which were given to you by the Liberals.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-12-2016 at 12:34 PM..

Old 05-12-2016, 11:33 AM

37,734 posts, read 40,776,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Paul Ryan is a good man. Not so sure about Donny.

There is no question Hillary is evil.
What was good about that $1.1 trillion omnibus bill he pushed through in his first act as Speaker of the House?

Paul Ryan Betrays America: $1.1 Trillion, 2,000-Plus Page Omnibus Bill Funds 'Fundamental Transformation of America' - Breitbart

Old 05-12-2016, 11:58 AM

16,563 posts, read 15,112,990 times
I heard the joint statement. It sounded like a joint communique by diplomats after a failed meeting. This is not Trump talking for sure.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:03 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,898,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What was good about that $1.1 trillion omnibus bill he pushed through in his first act as Speaker of the House?

Paul Ryan Betrays America: $1.1 Trillion, 2,000-Plus Page Omnibus Bill Funds 'Fundamental Transformation of America' - Breitbart
It's called compromise and deal-making. You'll learn about it if Donny-boy ever becomes President. Then you can go all stompy-foot and pouty-face on him too.

I suppose Ryan needs to defraud 1000s of people by running a fake university to earn your trust.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:05 PM

20,098 posts, read 16,015,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I heard the joint statement. It sounded like a joint communique by diplomats after a failed meeting. This is not Trump talking for sure.
For sure, but I took the quoted statement his site so I assume he's embracing it, or at least will for a few hours.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:11 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,778,481 times
I hear the meeting went well.

They succeeded in getting Trump to temporarily refrain from smearing his own feces on the walls of American democracy.

That is progress!

Old 05-12-2016, 12:14 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,392,716 times
They are all falling in line...even Lindsey Graham! It's the Trump charisma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections