U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 12:49 PM

7,311 posts, read 4,950,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I have no interest in seeing any candidate's tax return. Not to mention that you would probably need a Masters Degree to figure out Trump's, it has to be a foot thick. All we'd learn is his tax rate and it's probably low which is good. I don't want a President who pays 35% because that means he's an idiot. Why should he feed the media trolls?
He said he tries to pay as little taxes as possible because the government wastes our money. Can't say I fault him for that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 12:56 PM

19,717 posts, read 11,553,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He said he tries to pay as little taxes as possible because the government wastes our money. Can't say I fault him for that either.
As the Church Lady would say, "how conveeenent." Yeah, Trump doesn't want waste -- and if we defund the government, we won't have waste.

What' worse, is that so many voters lack the critical thinking still to see through this tripe of an argument.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:58 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,464,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Nobody seriously expected Trump to release his taxes, there's no way he would want anyone to know he's not actually a billionaire. None of this matters anyways to his voter base, he's here to stir the pot and take politicians down a notch. On that he's going to be extremely successful
Thank you for once again, showing the ignorance of the left base who actually believe, taxes show wealth...

Old 05-13-2016, 12:58 PM

19,717 posts, read 11,553,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So? Tradition and precedence is no excuse for not making changes. The libs taught us that, didn't they?
Is there a reason to change the 60 year precedent of releasing tax returns? Or, is it just inconvenient for a particular candidate and his supporters are shilling for him?

Old 05-13-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
As the Church Lady would say, "how conveeenent." Yeah, Trump doesn't want waste -- and if we defund the government, we won't have waste.

What' worse, is that so many voters lack the critical thinking still to see through this tripe of an argument.
Obama himself said he'd go through the budget, line by line.. to cut waste..

Old 05-13-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Is there a reason to change the 60 year precedent of releasing tax returns? Or, is it just inconvenient for a particular candidate and his supporters are shilling for him?
Precedent = guide, not a rule..

You keep using terminology that 4th graders use, but dont seem to comprehend them.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:01 PM

13,632 posts, read 8,554,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama himself said he'd go through the budget, line by line.. to cut waste..
...."focused like a laser", too. And "BS Joe" Biden was going to do that with stimulus fund money.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I have no interest in seeing any candidate's tax return. Not to mention that you would probably need a Masters Degree to figure out Trump's, it has to be a foot thick. All we'd learn is his tax rate and it's probably low which is good. I don't want a President who pays 35% because that means he's an idiot. Why should he feed the media trolls?
I bet he wishes it was only a foot thick..

Old 05-13-2016, 09:43 PM

14,639 posts, read 9,697,151 times
Quote:
What have you learned from 60 years of tax returns? Who wasn't elected because his taxes were not done right? Nobody. It is a non-issue. You are wasting your time. Now, if somebody diverts funds from a nonprofit to a for profit company owned by his pals that's another story, but I suspect you don't have much interest in that.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:55 PM

18,120 posts, read 11,115,640 times
Quote:
Would you prefer a president that pays no taxes? How about we all pay no taxes? Let's end the military, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, all of it. Let's applaud all the rich people who pay no taxes and aspire to be the poorest country with no military.

Are you good with ending Social Security and Medicare? One in five seniors receives Medicaid for senior care. Want to end that too? Because if the goal is to reduce our taxes to the point of non-existence, those checks are gone, the coverage is gone and, oh yes, schools are over. Less education, no jobs, no taxes but since there's no taxes, we don't really need an educated populace, do we?

You think you paid for all your Social Security and Medicare coverage? You didn't. The average Medicare recipient paid about a third of the coverage they are receiving. Current taxpayers are paying the rest. So, let's end paying taxes. I'm fine with it. I don't receive any government money and I'm sure the seniors won't mind getting jobs. As for medical coverage, call it Trump Panels, Ryan Vouchers or whatever you want but if there are no taxes, there is no medical coverage for seniors.

Republicans love to applaud the rich guy that pays no taxes. I just hope they love the result when they are the ones affected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or