U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 05:32 AM

4,194 posts, read 2,018,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Bernie will win Oregon, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Montana.

Bernie will possibly win Kentucky. Bernie will lose New Jersey. California is 50/50 depends on Independents and them being able to vote. New Mexico will fall to Hillary, 90%. D.C. will fall to whoever wins California.

Predictor on what states Bernie will definitely win? The small states, short and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 05:36 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,865,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Know we don't want to mention this but Independent Sanders run
Interesting idea but then the voting is split 3 ways.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Plains Guy View Post
Pretty much every news source, even the ones who own Hillary, now admit that it's extremely unlikely that Hillary will get the 2,383 pledged delegates she needs to win the nomination. A simple Google search will demonstrate that for you. Math will, too. Her only hope is, and has been, for Bernie to drop out, which he's clearly not doing.

So, prepare for a contested convention.

That will be unique and make history if it happens.

Last edited by vanguardisle; 05-15-2016 at 05:46 AM..

Old 05-15-2016, 05:40 AM

21,164 posts, read 11,768,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Yes they do my state for instance Florida.
Only on the Republican side. Dems split up the delegates proportionally. Hillary got 141, Bernie got 73.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Only on the Republican side. Dems split up the delegates proportionally. Hillary got 141, Bernie got 73.

Want to know something ? In my city I was told by a neighbor that voted that the precinct where I go to vote was not properly checking the voters in the primary election, and so I could have voted in the Florida primary election if I had wanted to even though it is a closed primary and I am a registered Independent. I chose not to because I felt uncomfortable breaking the rules, but I wonder how many others who were not supposed to vote did vote? Either because the did not know they weren't supposed to or because they wanted to break the rules.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:

Interesting thanks for telling me. It is so confusing.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:15 AM

21,164 posts, read 11,768,218 times
Quote:
Want to know something ? In my city I was told by a neighbor that voted that the precinct where I go to vote was not properly checking the voters in the primary election, and so I could have voted in the Florida primary election if I had wanted to even though it is a closed primary and I am a registered Independent. I chose not to because I felt uncomfortable breaking the rules, but I wonder how many others who were not supposed to vote did vote? Either because the did not know they weren't supposed to or because they wanted to break the rules.
Well, even assuming mistakes were being made, with Hillary winning the state 2/3 to 1/3, I would not think very many Ind voters voted. But hopefully it was a misunderstanding by your neighbor, such as someone who thought they were an Ind but they were actually a registered Democrat.

Quote:
Interesting thanks for telling me. It is so confusing.
Yes, there are so many different types of primaries and different rules, it does get very confusing. But one part that is pretty easy is that there are no winner take all states on the Democratic side, it's all proportional allocation. of course there is always an exception and in some states, you have to get a minimum percentage to get any delegates - so in VT, Bernie got 100% of the delegates, but that was because Hillary's percentage was so low, not because it was winner take all.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Well, even assuming mistakes were being made, with Hillary winning the state 2/3 to 1/3, I would not think very many Ind voters voted. But hopefully it was a misunderstanding by your neighbor, such as someone who thought they were an Ind but they were actually a registered Democrat.

Yes, there are so many different types of primaries and different rules, it does get very confusing. But one part that is pretty easy is that there are no winner take all states on the Democratic side, it's all proportional allocation. of course there is always an exception and in some states, you have to get a minimum percentage to get any delegates - so in VT, Bernie got 100% of the delegates, but that was because Hillary's percentage was so low, not because it was winner take all.

Unfortunately it was no mistake my neighbor observed that they were not asking for or properly checking any kind of identification of those that came to vote.

I have watched this election with fascination ever since the predictions that Bernie would win. I still hope he somehow does.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:37 AM

4,633 posts, read 2,781,093 times
Bernie has already won. Let's just hope DT loses in November.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:40 AM

10,864 posts, read 11,933,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Bernie has already won. Let's just hope DT loses in November.
Yes. It will be glorious! Just look at what's going on in Venezuela.

Feel the Bern baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or