U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 03:39 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,871,536 times

Advertisements

Months ago it was predicted by those who have never yet been wrong in their presidential predictions Nate Silver and Western Illinois University that Bernie Sanders would be the next president of the United States. He has done suprisingly well despite the press never giving his candidacy a chance. He says he can still win if he gets the super delagates on his side and that they should be on his side because he is the more popular candidate by far . More recently there is talk that Hillary Clinton's email issues my cause enough legal trouble that she could lose the nomination. I think it can still happen that Bernie Sanders can win the nomination. Can Bernie prove the predictions right and win not only the Democratic primaries but the entire presidential election?

Top Pollster Predicts Bernie Sanders Will Win in Nevada

University With 100% Accuracy Record Predicts Bernie Sanders Will Be America's Next President - Firebrand Left

Yes, Bernie Sanders Will Win the Contested Democratic Convention
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 04:22 PM

22,591 posts, read 11,624,503 times
WIU picks the nominee most popular with college students. In 2008 and 2012 that was Obama. Hitlery will be the next president.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:24 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,871,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
WIU picks the nominee most popular with college students. In 2008 and 2012 that was Obama. Hitlery will be the next president.

Maybe but what about the email scandal? This article claims it will take her down.

Hillary Clinton Should Concede to Bernie Sanders Before The FBI Reveals Its Findings

Old 05-13-2016, 08:20 PM

22,591 posts, read 11,624,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Maybe but what about the email scandal? This article claims it will take her down.

Hillary Clinton Should Concede to Bernie Sanders Before The FBI Reveals Its Findings
As much as I dislike Hitlery the email scandal is much ado about nothing.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:25 PM

3,967 posts, read 1,716,571 times
No. Bernie will probably lose California.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:31 PM

313 posts, read 941,654 times
I don't think so, as much as it pains me. I think he is the best person for the job. Before anyone calls me a commie I want to share my opinion that I think he is the only one who wants the job because he feels he can do right by the American people. Are his plans unrealistic? Too optimistic? Too ambitious? Yes to all. But I like that among all the negativity and bashing of this group/that group, he actually believes we can do great things. The rest of them just want the power.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:40 PM

21,210 posts, read 11,832,330 times
Your link re: Nate Silver says that he forecast that Bernie would win Nevada, not that he would win the nomination. As it turns out, he was wrong about that, and Hillary won Nevada. Or rather, he would have been wrong if his forecast wasn't dynamic and it kept changing until the final forecast just before the caucus when he correctly forecast Hillary's win.

and for the record, Nate Silver is not a pollster - that would mean that he designs and conducts polls. He doesn't do that. He has a statistical model that takes all the available polls into consideration and then generates a forecast based on the totality of the information. He's actually been less accurate this year than in 2008 but he's also been running a separate demographic model which seems to be more accurate, and I would guess that in the next cycle, he will be incorporating that into his predictive models.

Your second link is a college student preference poll. It does not seem it will be accurate this year.

Your third link is an opinion piece written by an extremely partisan Bernie supporter who inaccurately predicted that Bernie would win the first 4 contests. He was only 25% correct on that one.

There will not be a contested convention, because Hillary will have more than the requisite number of delegates to be declared the Democratic nominee after the first ballot at the convention.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:08 PM

179 posts, read 168,189 times
He could still win since there's going to be a contested convention. But based on how rigged everything is, as has been demonstrated at unprecedented levels this time around, Hillary and DWS might still steal the nomination. That will lead to a Trump presidency, in no uncertain terms. Hillary's supporters live in a vacuum, and get all of their news from the networks that purchased Hillary, so of course they *believe* she has high favorability... But everyone who isn't a Hillary supporter (the vast majority of Americans) know this isn't the case. If she is the Democratic nominee, then say hello to President Trump.

Hillary supporters are pretty much guaranteeing a Trump presidency. They bet on the wrong horse, with a degree of stubbornness I've never seen before.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:11 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,740,485 times
Bernie still has a chance. He has 3 to 4 primaries left in the bag. 3 possible primaries can win. He'll proba end the Primaries with equal number of State wins and momentum. He can push for a contested convention and who knows where it will go from there. He'll go out like a champ.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:26 PM

2,217 posts, read 1,131,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Plains Guy View Post
He could still win since there's going to be a contested convention. But based on how rigged everything is, as has been demonstrated at unprecedented levels this time around, Hillary and DWS might still steal the nomination. That will lead to a Trump presidency, in no uncertain terms. Hillary's supporters live in a vacuum, and get all of their news from the networks that purchased Hillary, so of course they *believe* she has high favorability... But everyone who isn't a Hillary supporter (the vast majority of Americans) know this isn't the case. If she is the Democratic nominee, then say hello to President Trump.

Hillary supporters are pretty much guaranteeing a Trump presidency. They bet on the wrong horse, with a degree of stubbornness I've never seen before.
No you Bernie supporters are really living in a vaccuum, u have no moral values and claim things are rigged and make up all kinds of conspiracies and stories whenever u don't like the results to twist and spin reality and the reality is Hillary won 3 million more votes and 276 more pledged delegates and that is clearly why she should be the nominee unless Bernie can catch up with remaining contests.
1. She is winning with earned votes so superdelegates are not deciding this election.
2. Many caucuses that Bernie won heavily had very low participation and yielded him lots of delegates. For example, Bernie won the Nebraska caucus which only had 35k voters participatingwhile Hillary won the Nebraska primary (results not binding) with 78k voters voting.
3. Fraud is a serious allegation. If you find there is fraud you should go to court to initiate your claim instead of sitting in front of the computer making fraudulent claims. So far those the Courts have dismissed all Bernie supporters' claims regarding fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or