Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 05:12 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtHansen View Post
President Trump. It's gonna be great.
Exactly.

The lying, hypocritical, sniveling, pretentious, cowardly, despicable know-alls have had their little flutter, and now it is at an end!

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Last edited by dechatelet; 05-14-2016 at 05:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorDonald View Post
They've been attacking him from day one but it slides right off him. I ain't worried. The hatchet jobs didn't contribute to Romney not being elected it was the fact that he was uninspiring and BO seemed like a cool guy, in reverse the hatchet jobs didn't keep GWB from being reelected.

I am a first time millenial voter who voted for the Don in the MI primary, and I was thinking very clearly. He wasn't just the right choice, he was the only choice for me. The rest of the republican candidates were either theocratic nutjobs, corporate shills, warmongers, supporters of amnesty (aka wanting to demographically murder conservatism) or combinations of those. No thanks.
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Clinton didn't lie about the FBI investigation. She even answered the inept questions of the Benghazi committee. The fact they weren't able to prove anything has nothing to do with bias.
They proved that she lied to the American people. She claimed it was about a video when she had already told the Egyptian prime minister that it had nothing to do with a video.

The Clintons are -- and always have been -- hateful, traitorous and race-baiting lie machines.

Quote:
What would be the point of the GOP surviving if it has to change into exactly the same as the democrats just with a bit lower taxes?

I see all the major parties dying actually. In 30 years American elections are going to go completely on tribal lines.
Yes, it's unfortunate.

Both parties have reduced America to a Third World Hell Hole with racial civil war (just getting started) and a few rich people (like the Obamas and the Clintons) in heavily guarded communities whose private jets are ready to whisk them away when things get really bad.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:22 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
They have been investigating the Clintons for years. I'm thinking it's wishful thinking that They will find something on Hillary at this point. Past results have turned up nothing.
Trump on the other hand really hasn't enjoyed the scrutiny of the investigators until recently and now he seems to be bucking the system by saying his tax returns are none of our business. Well we will see how that shakes out....

Old 05-14-2016, 05:24 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
Obviously, the Clintons have a lot of skeletons in their closet as well. But it is in the liberals' interest for Obama to be succeeded by a Democrat. Thus, I don't think that the liberal media will grill the Clintons until after Election Day.

Now, after Election Day, it would not surprise me in the least if the liberal media turns its firepower on the Clintons. But I don't expect it to happen before then (for the reason I just gave).
They do for sure. People are used to the Clintons being associated with scandals though. Which I think lessons their impact. And lets be real here, the GOP is never good at exploiting these things. They prefer drawing things out over a long time, which makes people tired of hearing about them. Take the email scandal for example. The time to bring that up would be in August. That would make it the prime focus of election and harder for her to weasel out of. However, that and the related Benghazi commission have been going on for so long that people are tired of hearing about it.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
They do for sure. People are used to the Clintons being associated with scandals though. Which I think lessons their impact. And lets be real here, the GOP is never good at exploiting these things. They prefer drawing things out over a long time, which makes people tired of hearing about them. Take the email scandal for example. The time to bring that up would be in August. That would make it the prime focus of election and harder for her to weasel out of. However, that and the related Benghazi commission have been going on for so long that people are tired of hearing about it.
Trump is not the GOP, anymore than WWE is high tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria, B.C.

Hill and Bill, get ready for the beat-down of your life!

Old 05-14-2016, 05:37 AM

Quote:
They've been attacking him from day one but it slides right off him. I ain't worried. The hatchet jobs didn't contribute to Romney not being elected it was the fact that he was uninspiring and BO seemed like a cool guy, in reverse the hatchet jobs didn't keep GWB from being reelected.

I am a first time millenial voter who voted for the Don in the MI primary, and I was thinking very clearly. He wasn't just the right choice, he was the only choice for me. The rest of the republican candidates were either theocratic nutjobs, corporate shills, warmongers, supporters of amnesty (aka wanting to demographically murder conservatism) or combinations of those. No thanks.
Donald hasn't been subjected to anything quite like this. What the GOP tried to do to him was very tame to what he will experience in the general. You also don't know how effective it was either. For all you know that was the reason it took him so long to get voters to coalesce around him. The same goes for Bush who was an incumbent President that barely squeaked by for a victory. My point is, don't dance around thinking that the half hearted attempt aimed at him in the primary is anything like what he will experience in the general.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Trump is not the GOP, anymore than WWE is high tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria, B.C.

Hill and Bill, get ready for the beat-down of your life!
It has nothing to do with Trump. My point was that the GOP already ruined their chances with those scandals by pounding on them for over two years. There is little Trump can do with those at this point. That, along with the fact that people have been hearing about the Clintons being involved in scandals since Bill ran for office in 1992, means no one is really going to give a ****. Unless the GOP has ability to pull out a video of her going on a racist tirade while at a KKK BBQ and orgy no one is going to care about that stuff. If Trump is going to win this it's going to have to be on the issues. He's not going to be able to beat the Clintons at their own game.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:21 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,193,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
I really don't think that Trump & his supporters are at all prepared for the hatchet job that Democrats & the liberal media are going to do to Trump over the next six moths. Just today, the liberal media broke the story about a 25 year-old scandal in which Trump masqueraded as a publicist. It is no coincidence that the liberal media waited until after Trump became the presumptive nominee before "breaking" this story. And with all of the skeletons in Donald's closet, I am sure that this is only the beginning. I also recently heard an interview with professional Clinton hit-man David Brock, in which he also basically said that Trump really has no idea all the mud that will be slung his way.

(As an important aside, remember that with GWB and Romney, the liberal media was able to dig up a 1976 drunk driving incident and "47 Percent," respectively. Yet, that was the worst that they were able to dig up. And while GWB & Romney have relatively clean ethics records, the same cannot be said about Trump.)

It just goes to show that those who voted for Trump in the GOP primaries were really not thinking all that clearly, IMO.
Aw... boohoo, sniff, sniff... If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:24 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,649 times
The Trump camp was effective being loud mouth brats smashing away at political correctness....now it is time to shut up and soothe the barking and snarling liberal dog. Time to stroke....I think Donald might now have the finesse to back off at the right moment.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:29 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,193,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Donald hasn't been subjected to anything quite like this. What the GOP tried to do to him was very tame to what he will experience in the general. You also don't know how effective it was either. For all you know that was the reason it took him so long to get voters to coalesce around him. The same goes for Bush who was an incumbent President that barely squeaked by for a victory. My point is, don't dance around thinking that the half hearted attempt aimed at him in the primary is anything like what he will experience in the general.
Agreed. Trump faced a whole lot of neophytes and otherwise incompetent rivals in the primaries. They were also all hampered by having to defend the Republican "core values". Well, that doesn't apply to the general election. Hillary Clinton knows how to campaign, has people running her campaign who know how to win elections, and she doesn't have to kiss the collective butts of the bigots, xenophobes, and religious crusaders that make up such a large part of the GOP base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections