Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 07:53 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Having a security net for the less fortunate in our society, many of whom are elderly, disabled, working poor or military, is noble. Handouts to corporations making millions is vile.

I didn't write you are a "loon". I wrote it makes you ignorant to not recognize your prejudice is why your party is dying. For your benefit, ignorance means lack of understanding--not "loon". More to the point, you keep classifying everyone with your prejudice; however, the demographics of our country are changing. You may soon find yourself on the outside looking in--without your box of Krispy Kremes.

To qualify as street smart, one would need to be able to recognize and capitalize on the environment in which they reside. Sorry, but your on the wrong side of that one too.

Nice try tugging at our heartstrings.....Your security net has turned into the great abyss where people enter and never exit, breed more that milk the system and let more inside the borders to also milk the system. The security net was never meant to be permanent as many have made it. You are right, the demographics ARE changing and because of this new gimme mentality soon there will be more takers than workers and then the Dems will see the errors of their ways....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 08:00 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
If you have a college education and work every day that means you have a brain and earn a paycheck so why are you so happy to send so much of it to the government to give more handouts to the uninspired....Why aren't you expecting them to pull their weight?
Actually, if it bothers you all that much... try thinking of your taxes going to fund Pell Grants; roads and infrastructure; the military; veterans benefits; nuclear missiles... Forget the part that pays for Medicaid, Planned Parenthood, Food Stamps, food safety, the IRS, local Social Security Offices, or, even, if you are really weird - the National Endowment for the Arts.

Just say to yourself, all the libs are paying for those uninspired, non-weight-pullers, and I'm only paying for the things I actually want the government to do. It makes life a whole lot easier when you are not all twisted up in knots over where the money goes.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:28 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Why, because which GOP candidate other than Trump WOULD win in November, Mr. Nostradamus??
Don't lecture us about losing GOP candidates. We know all about them, thank you very much. (And have donated to many of them).

Oh, and even if Trump loses in November, guess what?? He's already won. He stuffed it right down the throats of the pukes in the GOP Establishment. This party ain't EVER going to be theirs again, bet on that.
And THAT change was long overdue.
Beating Clinton would be icing on the cake.
I don't know who is going to win in November, just like no one else knows for sure. But it just could be that if Trump loses, all his rabid supporters rant and rave for a while about how the system is rigged against them. Then being thoroughly disgusted, they just wander off following the next shiny object, and the Republican Party goes back to a more normal situation and starts working on winning in 2020.

It is going to be real interesting to see how the next acts of this performance play out.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:14 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Are all Dems for this, I doubt it;

Chris Matthews;

“I’ve been working on this project about the early elections in the ’50s and ’60s, and the Kennedy races and I have to tell you, back then, being a Democrat was great. You talked about unemployment, you talked about jobs, you talk about putting people to work, you talked about minimum wage, you talked about Medicare.”

“Now you’ve got to talk about guns, which people don’t want to hear,” Matthews lamented. “You got to talk about how coal is bad for the country and bad the world. You talk about same-sex [marriage] in a part of the country that isn’t too keen on that cultural stuff” and “abortion.”

“So all of a sudden, you’re talking about things that aren’t really well received. But in the old day, a Democrat could just say, ‘There’s a lot of poverty here, let’s do something about it.’”

Old 05-14-2016, 10:22 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Actually, if it bothers you all that much... try thinking of your taxes going to fund Pell Grants; roads and infrastructure; the military; veterans benefits; nuclear missiles... Forget the part that pays for Medicaid, Planned Parenthood, Food Stamps, food safety, the IRS, local Social Security Offices, or, even, if you are really weird - the National Endowment for the Arts.

Just say to yourself, all the libs are paying for those uninspired, non-weight-pullers, and I'm only paying for the things I actually want the government to do. It makes life a whole lot easier when you are not all twisted up in knots over where the money goes.
Nice one, thinking of the IRS doesn't bother people. Love the satire.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:14 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I don't know who is going to win in November, just like no one else knows for sure. But it just could be that if Trump loses, all his rabid supporters rant and rave for a while about how the system is rigged against them. Then being thoroughly disgusted, they just wander off following the next shiny object, and the Republican Party goes back to a more normal situation and starts working on winning in 2020.

It is going to be real interesting to see how the next acts of this performance play out.
The Republican party is never going to go back to the way it was. Unlike Dems, we don't just follow the herd and let the bubble heads on tv tell us who to vote for as they bray like donkeys against any other. Don't go projecting your actions on to us - you don't need to worry about us, we'll be taking care of the RINOs in our party. You worry about your own lying, corrupt party. Maybe one day you'll actually get a clue that your party is colossal mess as well. Until then, here, look at the pretty fishing lure...

Old 05-15-2016, 06:57 AM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The Republican party is never going to go back to the way it was. Unlike Dems, we don't just follow the herd and let the bubble heads on tv tell us who to vote for as they bray like donkeys against any other. Don't go projecting your actions on to us - you don't need to worry about us, we'll be taking care of the RINOs in our party. You worry about your own lying, corrupt party. Maybe one day you'll actually get a clue that your party is colossal mess as well. Until then, here, look at the pretty fishing lure...
Please don't go projecting your strict adherence to a party onto me. I have voted for the Republican in two of the last four elections and would have voted for Kasich or Bush in this one. I vote for the person, not the party. I don't like Hillary; I just don't think that Trump is the best person to be the President of the United States.

People can have a difference of opinion without all the anger spilling over towards one another. It's just too bad that so many supporters let their emotions go wild.

Last edited by JRR; 05-15-2016 at 07:10 AM..

Old 05-15-2016, 10:03 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post

I will go along with that way of thinking when our national debt no longer exists....
On second thought, I have a really hard time with anyone supporting the uninspired lazy among us regardless of whether it is the Democrats wasting money that way. I was not raised to throw good money after bad in the hopes that a miracle will happen

Old 05-15-2016, 10:08 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Seriously. I'm keeping a mental record of those sorts of posts, so, come November, I can LMAO.
No need for "mental records". One can simply do a search on anyone's post history to find out who has been wrong about Trump and who has been right.

I'm thinking that you guys who raise this issue, don't want to go there. lol

Trump, despite the 1000s of posts since last June to the contrary is now the GOP nominee.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:58 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
More desperation from the anti-Trumps.

Calm down and take a deep breath.

Trump is going to be your president from Jan. 20, 2017 to Jan 20, 2025.

Deal with it.
We don't know that yet. That gets decided November 9th this year, and November 3rd in 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections