U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 09:28 AM

11,758 posts, read 5,523,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Sure. It happens when the case isn't good enough to go to trial.
Or when the defendant thinks he might lose his shirt and labelled as a racist.

If Thanksdad and Dad were confident that they would win, why would they enter into a consent decree limiting their future actions? Take it to trial or do nothing until the claims are dropped.

See, it works both ways. The truth is it was somewhere in the middle.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 10:06 AM

2,900 posts, read 902,107 times
It's blowing up in their face. A women quoted in the NYT article stated she was falsely quoted and her statement was spun to reflect negatively on trump. These "journalist" couldn't care less about being accurate, they are paid to write a negative article and that's what they will write regardless of their findings. The media has lost all credibility, especially NYT and Jeff bezos's toy the Washington Post. The people won't believe this garbage

Old 05-16-2016, 10:08 AM

58,041 posts, read 40,801,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump wasn't called racist until he decided to run against Democrats.

The H-word comes to mind.

https://i.sli.mg/6Xz7Oj.jpg
So, if this is the problem you allege it to be, WHAT were Republicans saying about Donny before he decided to run as one? Pleaser do tell us why anyone would have given a rat's ass about him if he had no influence on their lives and wasn't seeking a position that would give them some degree of influence?

Or should we just take this as yet another 'I LOVE Donny' and will sing the blues about anyone who doesn't' post?

Old 05-16-2016, 10:12 AM

952 posts, read 403,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
oh sweet irony.

have you read this thread?
Hate when I start on one thread and end up on another, but, oh well...

A Trump supporter claims they just want someone other than the status quo to represent them in Washington, and it doesn't matter what that person does or says along the way. I can kinda get that.

What I don't get is how they can toe that line but then also defend and support his actions and words in light of all fact, and then repeat, repeat, repeat his own words. He is giving his supporters their talking points and they are projectile vomiting it anywhere they can.

Trump's brainwashing of the weak minded ranks right up there with Manson, Koresch, Jim Jones and the Westboro Baptists. Don't believe he's anywhere as evil as any of those leaders, but his cult is just as vulnerable as theirs.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:20 AM

12,968 posts, read 6,190,591 times
I think Trump should be expecting this. But I doubt that it's affecting him in the polls.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:33 AM

5,382 posts, read 2,185,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Trump is the gop republican nominee and many canít take it and/or donít want to accept it, ie, media, gop establishment, etc. heck, even right here in CD, as reflected in the bombardment of negative posts after posts herein, the twaddle is uncanny.

Yesterday, Wolf Blitzer in his Situation Room program, interviewed Katrina Pierson, spokeswoman for the Trump campaign. Wolf constantly hammered her, asking the same stupid question 20 different ways regarding the audio and taxes, somehow expecting a different answer. Wolf spend almost the entire segment on Trump. Katrina is a champ, Wolf was exhausted after the bout.

People are desperate trying to find/spin dirt on Trump. I am literally lmao, I believe there isnít anything in Trumpís past that will hinder his campaign unlike that of the Clintons, otherwise it would have been found already. Hundreds of millions of dollars in anti-Trump couldnít take him down, people donít realize how idiotic they sound when they make ASSumptions and spin stories to fit their narrative.

There may still be hope for some as there are 5 stages of grief; denial, anger, depression, bargaining, acceptance, unfortunately many will remain in grief, denial and anger stages.

Trump is our gop nominee and is on path to become the 45th President of the United States, deal with it.
WRONG, Donald is the PRESUMPTIVE nominee. Until he has 1237 delegates, his is NOT the nominee. In fact, he is not OFFICIALLY the NOMINEE until the RNC Convention in Cleveland when the delegates cast their votes for the GOP nominee. Until then, you picked him, you deal with the fallout from the media and the democrats and everyone else who intends to publicize any opposition data they find.

#NeverTrump or his merry band of whiners!!

Old 05-16-2016, 10:34 AM

19,248 posts, read 17,395,652 times
So... what we see is panic setting in now that the realization is that Hillary very likely won't be able to win the election against Trump. The establishment has made it clear that they don't want Trump or Bernie as POTUS, Hillary is who they want to be their new replacement rubber stamp. They have both the GOP and the DNC under their thumb. They seem to be courting a third party candidate to derail Trump and give it to Hillary. Bernie could counter that and run as an independent and win that way. Do we just let them disenfranchise the American people or do we take back our election process?

Old 05-16-2016, 10:37 AM

5,500 posts, read 4,310,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump was accused of racist renting practices back in the early 70's.
I hear he sucked his thumb as an infant too...scandalous!!!

Old 05-16-2016, 10:38 AM

58,041 posts, read 40,801,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So... what we see is panic setting in now that the realization is that Hillary very likely won't be able to win the election against Trump. The establishment has made it clear that they don't want Trump or Bernie as POTUS, Hillary is who they want to be their new replacement rubber stamp. They have both the GOP and the DNC under their thumb. They seem to be courting a third party candidate to derail Trump and give it to Hillary. Bernie could counter that and run as an independent and win that way. Do we just let them disenfranchise the American people or do we take back our election process?
You need only look at the 2000 election to know our election process doesn't value each individual's vote equally.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:41 AM

5,382 posts, read 2,185,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't have a problem with Hillary hitting Trump, but these attacks are coming from the media, that is supposed to be unbiased.

The "news stories" have been nothing but garbage, and some outright lies, and everyone knows it.
Your naivete is adorable! And sooo 2000! Are you seriously just now realizing their is bias in the media? Where have you been?

Everyday I discover the depths of oblivion the citizenry has become with regard to the governing of this nation. I include myself as being responsible, since I was asleep until 2007, but come on, it is 2016!!

#NeverTrump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or