U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 10:36 PM

10,764 posts, read 10,125,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
At this point you have to double check every attack they make against Trump. It's pretty annoying.
But at some point, don't you stop double checking, and just ignore all of the attacks?

And it's not even that all the attacks are all factually incorrect. Many are just non issues that people are trying to make into issues. Trump is/was in entertainment, so he may have said some off color things for the purpose of entertaining the audience. But people are trying so hard to use those words against him, while most people know that it was just show business.

Take the Howard Stern episode, where Trump said some mysogynistic things. He was playing along with the show. It was clearly for comedic purposes. Even Stern, who may be a friend of Donald but is a Hillary supporting democrat, said that Trump shouldn't be judged by that episode. That he was going along with the show and "being playful". But the neverTrump people made a TV commercial out of it, using other people saying his words. It was the epitome of an out of context attack. It seemed to hurt him at first, but I think most people eventually saw through it.

But eventually you just end up with fatigue over trying to analyze all of these attacks, and you just give up and ignore them.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 05-14-2016 at 10:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 11:22 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,290,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
At this point you have to double check every attack they make against Trump. It's pretty annoying.
I don't know why anybody would bother.... At this point, most people either like Trump or they can't stand him. There doesn't seem to be any undecided. It's either yes or no.

A lot of us were open to the idea of Trump six months ago, but over time, he destroyed any likeability he may have had. I think he's disgusting now.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Take the Howard Stern episode, where Trump said some mysogynistic things. He was playing along with the show. It was clearly for comedic purposes. Even Stern, who may be a friend of Donald but is a Hillary supporting democrat, said that Trump shouldn't be judged by that episode. That he was going along with the show and "being playful". But the neverTrump people made a TV commercial out of it, using other people saying his words. It was the epitome of an out of context attack. It seemed to hurt him at first, but I think most people eventually saw through it.

The thing that did him in with me was Twitter, particularly the Heidi Cruz tweet. That, to me, was the bottom of the barrel.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The thing that did him in with me was Twitter, particularly the Heidi Cruz tweet. That, to me, was the bottom of the barrel.
I wasn't crazy about that either. And I saw it as a missed opportunity for Trump.

How much more effective would it have been if Trump responded to the Cruz super pac ad of Melania, by saying, "Hey, talk about me, not my family." But instead, he gave Cruz the ammunition to say that.

But then again, if he did that, he wouldn't be Trump. He never wants to be viewed as a victim. Overall, that seems to be working for him.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I wasn't crazy about that either. And I saw it as a missed opportunity for Trump.

How much more effective would it have been if Trump responded to the Cruz super pac ad of Melania, by saying, "Hey, talk about me, not my family." But instead, he gave Cruz the ammunition to say that.

But then again, if he did that, he wouldn't be Trump. He never wants to be viewed as a victim. Overall, that seems to be working for him.
That, to me, was just the last straw. It culminated several things that happened around the same time (some on Twitter) -- and that was just it. Enough. I thought Trump was a pig after that.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:23 AM

Quote:
That, to me, was just the last straw. It culminated several things that happened around the same time (some on Twitter) -- and that was just it. Enough. I thought Trump was a pig after that.
Like I said, I wasn't crazy about the response either. But I cut him some slack because, in his own way, he was defending his wife.

I will always defend my wife. I would have done it in a different way, but I do have empathy.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:27 AM

10,097 posts, read 12,154,382 times
If you want to tweak a Hilary supporter.......Just tell them you weren't planning to vote but now you are going to vote for Trump just to counter out their Hilary vote!

Old 05-15-2016, 12:44 AM

617 posts, read 269,657 times
How are these Trump deniers going to keep this up for 5 1/2 more months? Each month, Trump will get stronger and they will get more hysterical. God, I love presidential elections!

Old 05-15-2016, 04:09 AM

4,829 posts, read 2,327,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
Not mad at all. Just find Trump's antics and posturing to be good fodder and good fun...

We can't all run around with that upside down smile you have. There can be some humor in politics.

Besides, watch the news and you will see where these stories come from. If you don't like that there are threads started about them, then contact them and demand that they do not cover Trump anymore and the stories won't be posted and cause so much 'upset'.

You didn't mind the coverage when it was good....whiner thread.

Sorry Jack - but you're the one looking for he Kool Aid! It's only good fun and fodder when the candidate is Trump - stop and read the Cruz, Rubio and Hillary supporters comments - now there are some whiners!

Old 05-15-2016, 04:18 AM

4,829 posts, read 2,327,320 times
Quote:
I don't know why anybody would bother.... At this point, most people either like Trump or they can't stand him. There doesn't seem to be any undecided. It's either yes or no.

A lot of us were open to the idea of Trump six months ago, but over time, he destroyed any likeability he may have had. I think he's disgusting now.

You thought he was disgusting 6 months ago and were bashing Carson and Trump as your boy was Kasich - we can check your previous posts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or