U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2016, 12:50 PM

13,679 posts, read 8,585,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Nothing he says or does proves otherwise: draw the most logical conclusion. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b45_story.html

You might not want to "grab a beer" with her, but Hillary has been paying taxes for years and doesn't hide her returns. Oh, and Trump doesn't want to "grab a beer" with you!
I don't care.

Congress wrote the laws. Take it up with them.

The tax code makes no sense at all. Anyone who can legally avoid taxes doing the right thing. There is nothing patriotic about paying more in taxes than you have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 12:51 PM

5,382 posts, read 2,196,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I can't fault him for taking every honest loophole. But, I do hold him accountable for proposing a tax plan that gives crony capitalists like himself huge cuts while tossing crumbs to the middle class and bankrupting the country like he has his many business ventures.
I don't fault anyone for exploiting a tax code that is intended to confound any average American and requires paid CPAs to file a form. That said, I do fault someone who intends to oversee that Federal Agency, who refuses to be transparent and provide his tax returns as has every other Presidential CANDIDATE - not even NOMINEE - has in the last 4 DECADES. I fault them bigly!

Moderator cut: no manual signatures, please

Last edited by Marka; 05-22-2016 at 02:26 AM..

Old 05-20-2016, 12:53 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,926,686 times
If this is true, he has lots of company:

45% of Americans pay no federal income tax - MarketWatch

Are we going to start an outrage thread now on the topic because about half of all americans pay no federal taxes?

If people are outraged over this, petition to change the laws....don't whine at the people following them.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:54 PM

19,185 posts, read 15,031,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I don't care.

Congress wrote the laws. Take it up with them.

The tax code makes no sense at all. Anyone who can legally avoid taxes doing the right thing. There is nothing patriotic about paying more in taxes than you have to.
Exactly. If they have a problem with what Trump has done with his taxes due to the laws, they need to look at who is making those laws and address that. I cannot believe how much ignorance there is about our government and the way that it works. No wonder we are in such trouble!

Old 05-20-2016, 12:56 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,322,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Speaking of which - excuse the tangent - I was just reading an article about Hillary's attitude toward the military, which had this passage, which somehow seemed endearing:

In October 2001, a month after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Clinton traveled to Fort Drum at the invitation of Gen. Buster Hagenbeck, who had just been named the division’s commander and would be deployed to Afghanistan a month later. Like many of the officers I spoke with, he had preconceptions of Clinton from her years as first lady; the woman who showed up at his office around happy hour that afternoon did not fulfill them.

“She sat down,” he recalls, “took her shoes off, put her feet up on the coffee table and said, ‘General, do you know where a gal can get a cold beer around here?’ ”

How Hillary Clinton Became a Hawk
Throughout her career she has displayed instincts on foreign policy that are more aggressive than those of President Obama — and most Democrats

By Mark Landler
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/ma...me-a-hawk.html
That's funny. Several years ago, there was video of Hillary in a bar or at a festival of some sort dancing and downing shots in a crowd. She was having fun!

Old 05-20-2016, 12:56 PM

10,950 posts, read 5,070,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Nothing he says or does proves otherwise: draw the most logical conclusion. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b45_story.html

You might not want to "grab a beer" with her, but Hillary has been paying taxes for years and doesn't hide her returns. Oh, and Trump doesn't want to "grab a beer" with you!
Oh dear God, not this nonsense again.

I've lost track of how many threads have been posted about this.

Why would Trump pay income tax if he has no income?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
If this is true, he has lots of company:

45% of Americans pay no federal income tax - MarketWatch

Are we going to start an outrage thread now on the topic because about half of all americans pay no federal taxes?
Yes, why would Trump pay income tax if he has no income?

Do people even know what what income is from a tax standpoint?

Old 05-20-2016, 12:59 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,322,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The most logical conclusion -- as legal experts have stated -- is not to release tax returns during an audit.
His audit is BS. No one gets audited every year unless they've been caught cheating on their taxes. It doesn't matter how rich or how many companies they have.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:59 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,926,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, why would Trump pay income tax if he has no income?

Do people even know what what income is from a tax standpoint?
oh, that's right....and some who don't like him say he's a terrible business man/makes no money so he wouldn't be paying any taxes in the first place!

Old 05-20-2016, 01:01 PM

13,819 posts, read 25,179,567 times
I also try to pay as little as legally possible.

Go Trump!

Old 05-20-2016, 01:02 PM

10,950 posts, read 5,070,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
His audit is BS. No one gets audited every year unless they've been caught cheating on their taxes. It doesn't matter how rich or how many companies they have.
Well than, just exactly how many charges have been brought against Trump for tax evasion?

Oh, I know exactly 0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or