U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 01:53 PM

11,179 posts, read 6,507,573 times

Advertisements

Why would he? It's not a requirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 01:54 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,883,976 times
Please tell me what the law is that requires a presidential candidate to present his personal finances for jerks to gawk at and talk about when what is important is where he stands on the issues. His finances are none of our business and I have no interest in seeing them.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 28 days ago)

58,180 posts, read 40,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Honestly who cares? It's a stupid tradition anyway.

Kinda like Trump's frequent, unsupported by anything factual bluster, eh?

Old 05-22-2016, 02:11 PM

8,249 posts, read 11,110,384 times
Now that you mention it, I'd love to see his grades from Wharton , too. Plus his undergraduate grades, wherever that was. Bet they're not outstanding.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:16 PM

34,269 posts, read 18,565,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You mean people like hillary lying? I guess it's O.K. as long as your a dem...

Just google hillary and sniper fire.....and see what ya get.....

Lefties have short memories....

Old 05-22-2016, 02:51 PM

6,048 posts, read 3,870,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
For the same reason that Trump cheats in golf.

He's a narcissist and has inflated his net worth and income to make himself seem even richer.
You'd never know what his net worth is from his tax returns.

He probably does have a large income but more likely he pays little if any taxes on any of it and would get nailed if that news got out.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:55 PM

2,634 posts, read 1,121,878 times
Trump did not pay any income taxes. So if he releases his returns everyone would know the con man is a hypocrite for castigating others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b45_story.html

Old 05-22-2016, 03:03 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,318,513 times
He's afraid to show us that he paid no income taxes.

The only reason for auditing him for 15 years (if that is true) is that he cheats on his taxes and he's been caught.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:15 PM

2,903 posts, read 2,779,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Honestly who cares? It's a stupid tradition anyway.
Every president since Nixon has released their returns. Every candidate from the other party has, as well. For forty years, unbroken, until Trump. Trump! The Special Snowflake! Well, he's special alright and he is indeed a flake.

"Stupid tradition?" Gosh, I'm hoping that all candidates present their birth certificate (LONG FORM ONLY PLEASE), like Obama was cajoled to do by... TRUMP! Funny how the Orange Man works, huh? Wants other people to be accountable, but he will not be so held.

What can we learn? Well, we can learn how they made their money, whether they engaged in financial activity offshore, their tax rate (Romney's was, I believe, anaemic 14%). We can learn lots of interesting and indeed important things.

Why would you be against knowing how a candidate who aspires to be CEO of the US made, managed and accounted for their financial transactions? Trump boasts about how much he's worth, so let's see it: show America the money.

I ask again, what is Trump hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The guy is a total mess, a walking BS dispenser, a crude, vulgar no nothing. Which is why the wingers love him.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:26 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,843,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Please tell me what the law is that requires a presidential candidate to present his personal finances for jerks to gawk at and talk about when what is important is where he stands on the issues. His finances are none of our business and I have no interest in seeing them.
There is no law. You know that though. What there is is the expectation that if you want millions of people to elect you to lead their country that you provide some modicum of insight into your life, and your finances are part of that.

The guy working at dairy mart has his credit checked, the guy running the country should have his tax returns seen by his future employers. We the people.

This isnt a hard concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or