U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 03:27 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,865,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Trump did not pay any income taxes. So if he releases his returns everyone would know the con man is a hypocrite for castigating others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b45_story.html
Trump has been very clear that he paid no taxes some years. He has also been clear that that is why he should be elected-he knows these tricks, and intends to stop them.

So no, I doubt thats the reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 03:30 PM

33,078 posts, read 13,961,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Why would he? It's not a requirement.
There is no requirement to release tax returns, debate or answer questions from the media. The more we know about a candidate the better chance of making an informed decision. He has no plans to release his returns, it will either expose some off shore accounts, tax breaks from politicians or possibly his earnings may not be what he led us to believe. He can sure release the tax years that are not part of the audit, my guess is he won't release a thing.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:34 PM

34,353 posts, read 18,606,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is no requirement to release tax returns, debate or answer questions from the media. The more we know about a candidate the better chance of making an informed decision. He has no plans to release his returns, it will either expose some off shore accounts, tax breaks from politicians or possibly his earnings may not be what he led us to believe. He can sure release the tax years that are not part of the audit, my guess is he won't release a thing.
Or it will reveal that his taxes are far more complicated than yours or mine, it may not expose anything, but in the end....who cares.....unless you just hate trump....then you hope for anything....

Old 05-22-2016, 03:37 PM

18,599 posts, read 9,612,389 times
Of course DT is right, the average village idiot would be easily manipulated by revealing this tax information. It would be stupid to release your return before the audit is completed.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:39 PM

19,717 posts, read 11,573,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Of course DT is right, the average village idiot would be easily manipulated by revealing this tax information. It would be stupid to release your return before the audit is completed.
Why would it be stupid? It isn't going to trigger an audit.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:18 PM

10,950 posts, read 5,074,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Trump has been very clear that he paid no taxes some years. He has also been clear that that is why he should be elected-he knows these tricks, and intends to stop them.

So no, I doubt thats the reason.
Can you provide a source where Trump said he paid no taxes at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
By that logic, there is much more of a reason for Hillary to release her Wall St. transcripts.

There is nothing relevant to the public to see in someone's tax returns. There is nothing in tax returns that would make someone qualified, or disqualified to be president, short of being convicted of tax evasion.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:44 PM

4,880 posts, read 2,355,982 times
Agree Burr - and even if he releases the tax returns - like the election in 2012 - Obama and the Dems still went after Romney for hiding investments, not declaring enough charitable contributions so that he would be closer to the claim that he paid 15% ect.. It's a darned if you do and a darned if you don't situation.

I'm much more interested in Hillary's Wall Street transcripts and an accounting of the contributions to the Clinton Foundation. While Sec of State there were too many contracts awarded to those who suddenly contributed a few million to the Foundation.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:49 PM

35,283 posts, read 19,318,608 times
Default Legal Experts Side With Trump; It Would Be Crazy to Release His Taxes During Audit

OK, excuse accepted.

Then go ahead and release tax returns from the period not being audited, then. Maybe 2005 - 2008 or something along those lines.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:41 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,530,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
I'm sure his PR agent Miller will put out a response soon claiming in fact that Trump is the richest man in the world...so rich, the IRS can't complete his taxes
wealth, and taxes has NOTHING to do with one another...

Old 05-22-2016, 06:02 PM

11,758 posts, read 5,553,505 times
I think the IRS Commissioner (Koskinen, the guy the GOP is trying to impeach) will just say, F it, and tell the agents to call the audits complete around late September. My gut feeling.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or