U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,286,254 times

Advertisements

I think Trump need to show us the returns! I'm pretty sure he isn't paying any taxes since the only two tax returns anyone can find show zero taxes paid.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-24-2016 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 09:02 PM

What would happen if Trump was trying to negotiate with China or Russia and they had hacked into the IRS computers and gotten a copy of his tax returns? They could use them to BLACKMAIL Trump to get whatever they want.

Trump needs to be totally transparent on this issue and everything else.

Sheesh! Trump's companies have over 100 lawsuits filed over taxes: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/19/trump...companies.html

Last edited by UB50; 05-23-2016 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: added lawsuit link

Old 05-23-2016, 09:02 PM

10,933 posts, read 5,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm pretty sure he isn't paying any taxes since the only two tax returns anyone can find show zero taxes paid.

Nobody has provided a single piece of proof of that.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:22 PM

Trump doesn't like to pay taxes:

As recently as last week, Trump said he was "willing to pay more" taxes personally and that "taxes for the rich will go up somewhat" if he becomes president. But the lawsuits and other tax-related disputes show a different reality for his businesses. They illustrate a pattern of systematically disputing tax bills, arguing for lower property assessments, and in some cases not paying taxes until the government takes additional action. At least three dozen times, Trump companies' unpaid tax bills have forced the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance to go to local courts to get liens against his properties to try to collect overdue bills. New Jersey also had to go to court for a lien to collect a Trump company's unpaid tax bill.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:24 PM

18,032 posts, read 11,034,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No matter how many times you say Trump isn't paying taxes, it doesn't make it true. You are just making stuff up, and going completely off topic.

I would guess that Trump pays more in taxes in one year, that you have your entire life, so don't sit there and completely make up lies that he pays no taxes.

And yes, everybody can take advantage for the same tax codes that Trump does. In fact, millions of people do.
Do you mean income taxes? Because we all pay assorted taxes but if Trump is avoiding federal income taxes, then we should all be able to avoid federal income taxes. And if that's the case, seniors and military are going to be hating it. They won't mind though. When they need a new hip we can give them a voucher and tell them to walk it off.

Quote:
Trump doesn't like to pay taxes:

As recently as last week, Trump said he was "willing to pay more" taxes personally and that "taxes for the rich will go up somewhat" if he becomes president. But the lawsuits and other tax-related disputes show a different reality for his businesses. They illustrate a pattern of systematically disputing tax bills, arguing for lower property assessments, and in some cases not paying taxes until the government takes additional action. At least three dozen times, Trump companies' unpaid tax bills have forced the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance to go to local courts to get liens against his properties to try to collect overdue bills. New Jersey also had to go to court for a lien to collect a Trump company's unpaid tax bill.
This is exactly what I'm saying. Trump is making all these promises but he doesn't want to pay taxes and he doesn't want anyone to know how little he pays. Now that's all fine for him but when the rest of us see how little he pays, we should get the same thing. Now if no one pays income taxes, that's pretty crippling to the country but that's the Trump way. He can't expect the rest of the country to pay more than he was willing to pay which is little to nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Nobody has provided a single piece of proof of that.
Until Trump provides tax returns showing otherwise, I'm going to assume the worst. What we have seen, showed he paid no income tax. And now he doesn't want to show his returns.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

Until Trump provides tax returns showing otherwise, I'm going to assume the worst. What we have seen, showed he paid no income tax. And now he doesn't want to show his returns.
What's worse, I think CNN showed video of all the times he said he would show them. If such and such happens, then he will show them. And that thing happens, and his deal changes. If something else happens, then he'll show them.

He's just such a liar!

Old 05-23-2016, 10:19 PM

7,462 posts, read 4,223,781 times
Quote:
I think Trump need to show us the returns! I'm pretty sure he isn't paying any taxes since the only two tax returns anyone can find show zero taxes paid.

So, he gets audited constantly, but still doesn't pay taxes?
How does that work?

Old 05-24-2016, 07:09 AM

6,401 posts, read 3,420,648 times
The whiners and complainers about Trump and taxes IMO are missing the point.

Not paying taxes using the same Internal Revenue Code the rest of us abides by is dictated by the sorts of income and business one is involved in. You can pump a ton of money into real estate and take rental losses (subject to limitations). You can contribute money as a tax write-off. You can sell investments at a loss (subject to limitations). It can all add up to a no tax situation. In the process, one can also lose a lot of money. It isn't all about taxes.

If no fraud is found and he is filing taxes legally, so what if it's $0 taxes? First of all I don't have his kind of money to play the financial game in the first place. He's also using the same tax forms I do, but I'm just a scrub with a job who gets paid and has no tax shelters in play. I assume he's playing within the boundaries of the tax system, so regardless of the bottom line, he is filing his tax return like the rest of us. And while under audit, confidentiality is the proper way to do things, period.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:13 AM

1,684 posts, read 401,679 times
Default **REALLY BAD NEWS for #DirtyDonald in BRAND NEW POLL

new poll found that 67% of Americans and 60% of Republicans, want Trump to release tax returns

This can't be good news for that phony 3-dollar-bill excuse for person...

Trump's Refusal To Release His Tax Returns Just Became A Huge Problem For Republicans

Old 05-24-2016, 08:18 AM

13,067 posts, read 4,431,240 times
Give it up already. This is so not important only infants are crying about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or