U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2016, 06:11 PM
 
2,677 posts, read 964,088 times
Reputation: 3151

Advertisements

LOL Trump can't do no wrong in his supporters eyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2016, 06:14 PM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,721,924 times
Reputation: 1085
He is only under audit for the last year or two. He can easily release prior returns. Hillary has released 8 years of taxes recently
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 06:16 PM
 
Location: United States
10,933 posts, read 5,038,779 times
Reputation: 5195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
WTH not release his tax returns..IF for nothing else than prove the the rest of voter's what he has been bragging about since almost a year ago is true~~ Sorry but self written "Self Worth" Doc. ain't proof of nuttin'!! His bloviating and over the top claims are not true..and tho supporters do NOT care..the rest of the Electorate does!! Primary voters only make up a fraction of their electorate..and to ASSume they don't care is rather PRE-SUMPTUOUS by fevered supporters at this stage..EVEN elected politicians are wary right now??


Nixon released his tax returns under audit. Why can't Trump? | Money - Home

Meanwhile these years 2002-2008 are NOT being audited???

The campaign didn’t say whether it’s prepared to release any of the documents, a standard practice for presidential candidates. Trump, a billionaire real estate developer and former reality TV show host, has refused to release his returns, citing what he described as a 12-year-long Internal Revenue Service audit.
The letter, dated March 7 and written by two lawyers at law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, says the Internal Revenue Service has ended its scrutiny of the tax years 2002 through 2008. The agency is continuing to examine returns from 2009 forward, according to the letter.
I love how your quote left out this tiny detail.


The lawyers said Trump’s recent tax returns — the ones the IRS is still auditing — are just extensions of his older returns, because they include “items that are attributable to continuing transactions or activities that were also reported on returns for 2008 and earlier.”

“In this sense, the pending examinations are continuous of prior, closed examinations,” the lawyers wrote.

The returns are extensions of the older returns, so until the audit is over, he wouldn't release the older returns.

Beside, we already established that we can never ask a candidate something that hasn't been asked of every candidate in the last 40 years. So, sorry, you can't ask Trump for tax returns from 8 years ago.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
He is only under audit for the last year or two. He can easily release prior returns. Hillary has released 8 years of taxes recently
You didn't bother to read the OP, or the reply where that was explained. Why am I not surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 06:22 PM
 
39,126 posts, read 20,252,823 times
Reputation: 12691
Ok, so did anyone budge on this subject? No? Didn't think so lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 06:27 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,576 posts, read 16,717,234 times
Reputation: 26128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
LOL Trump can't do no wrong in his supporters eyes
Sure he can, but it's going to have to be a whole lot bigger than an audio recording from over 2 decades ago, his taxes not yet being released, (despite the fact that neither Cruz nor Rubio released theirs), the fact that someone thinks he's "mean" because he says it like he sees it, or any other absolutely stupid thing to care about when we have another candidate running who has sat by and let 4 people die, flat out lied to the American public, repeatedly, put security in jeopardy and continues to lie about it, and has been instrumental in bringing us ISIS.

Yes, he can do wrong, but man does he have a LONG WAYS TO GO before he ever touches Hillary Rodham Clinton in the "horrible crap a candidate has done" column.

All I hear are remarks about superficial crap about Trump - big deal. Let us all know when someone has died because of him. Let us all know when millions lost jobs because of him. Let us all know when our national security was put at risk because of him. Then we can talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Sweet Home Chicago!
5,157 posts, read 3,678,414 times
Reputation: 6008
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok, so did anyone budge on this subject? No? Didn't think so lol
Nope, just another petty distraction that no one will even be talking about in a week...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 06:48 PM
 
7,186 posts, read 2,739,575 times
Reputation: 3172
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Nope, just another petty distraction that no one will even be talking about in a week...
I disagree... it has kept coming up, over and over again, for months. It will continue to be a thorn in trump's side. He can release all the old tapes of his crazy, wild youth putting on the media to distract from it that he has in storage until the cows come home, but his tax returns will keep coming back to the limelight. Why? Because some of the electorate wants to see what's in them. Plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 06:53 PM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,597 posts, read 3,381,285 times
Reputation: 2311
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I disagree... it has kept coming up, over and over again, for months. It will continue to be a thorn in trump's side. He can release all the old tapes of his crazy, wild youth putting on the media to distract from it that he has in storage until the cows come home, but his tax returns will keep coming back to the limelight. Why? Because some of the electorate wants to see what's in them. Plain and simple.
And I'm sure plenty of the electorate would love a job in Trump's organization. But that ain't happening either. Plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 06:57 PM
 
Location: United States
10,933 posts, read 5,038,779 times
Reputation: 5195
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I disagree... it has kept coming up, over and over again, for months. It will continue to be a thorn in trump's side. He can release all the old tapes of his crazy, wild youth putting on the media to distract from it that he has in storage until the cows come home, but his tax returns will keep coming back to the limelight. Why? Because some of the electorate wants to see what's in them. Plain and simple.
It isn't a thorn in his side, it's a thorn in the side of his attackers. Nobody that is seriously considering him is concerned about the returns.

His haters are mad as hell because they know that no matter what is in the return, they will attack him, so him not giving them the return, drives them crazy.

I hope he never releases the returns, it's time to stop this ridiculous demand that tax returns be made public, and it will give me the added satisfaction of knowing all the Trump haters will be furious. Win, win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 07:04 PM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,523,953 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It isn't a thorn in his side, it's a thorn in the side of his attackers. Nobody that is seriously considering him is concerned about the returns.

His haters are mad as hell because they know that no matter what is in the return, they will attack him, so him not giving them the return, drives them crazy.

I hope he never releases the returns, it's time to stop this ridiculous demand that tax returns be made public, and it will give me the added satisfaction of knowing all the Trump haters will be furious. Win, win.
Yeah, we will see how quickly you'd go back to insisting on the then 44-year tradition when the 2020 Democratic nominee refuses to release his or her returns. That is, unless Hillary decides to seek a second term, in which case make that 2024.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:15 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top