U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 08:19 PM

4,176 posts, read 5,468,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I used to be a liberal woman a long time ago. Now liberals live in some kind of nonsensical Bizarro World that is completely counter-intuitive to the best interests of the citizens of this nation. They make zero sense.

I've said it before on here Petch: Nobody really knows what kind of president Trump would be, but I absolutely do know what kind of president Clinton would be. She cannot and must not become president.
There is truth in this. Trump is a wildcard, while Clinton is someone who is known and 100% of her policies will be bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 08:28 PM

31,755 posts, read 36,423,371 times
Just appears to be another hit piece from a crappy left newspaper.

To bad they didn't Vet Obama when he was running.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:38 PM

16,697 posts, read 9,063,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
The King cat calls his own employees, makes them feel uncomfortable, and is the real life Biff Tannen

Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump
Behaved With Women in Private

Hard to believe, people want to join his death squads to go round up 1 out 29 people in the country to deport with no pathway to citizenship.
This is all fair game and okay to bring up. Trump disturbs me.

My question is, why didn't the New York Times do this big of an expose with Bill Clinton who has had multiple women accuse him of rape dating back to the 1960s -- and over a dozen women accuse him of sexual assault to sexual harassment. What Bill Clinton has been accused of is far worse than "Trump asked me to put on a bathing suit when we first met and I was offended by it, but chose to date him anyways after the incident."

The New York Times is way too biased in what it chooses to not make an issue...

Old 05-15-2016, 09:34 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,290,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
This is all fair game and okay to bring up. Trump disturbs me.

My question is, why didn't the New York Times do this big of an expose with Bill Clinton who has had multiple women accuse him of rape dating back to the 1960s -- and over a dozen women accuse him of sexual assault to sexual harassment. What Bill Clinton has been accused of is far worse than "Trump asked me to put on a bathing suit when we first met and I was offended by it, but chose to date him anyways after the incident."

The New York Times is way too biased in what it chooses to not make an issue...
The New York Times and the other papers did run stories about Clinton's women. Here's one: Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused

You read this now and you realize why these women were not pursued more at the time. This one (Juanita B.) first says it didn't happen, then it did, then she swears in an affidavit that it didn't happen, then she changes her mind. A lot of these women were flakey and their stories didn't check out. This article says she was questioned by FBI working for Ken Starr (and you know, if there was something there, he would have found it).

Here's another story about her accusations: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...edoe022099.htm Note how many times she changed her mind and refused to tell the story.

When Jones's attorneys first subpoenaed her in their sexual harassment lawsuit against the president, Broaddrick swore out an affidavit and testified in a deposition that Clinton did not make unwelcome sexual advances toward her in the late 1970s.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:57 AM

35,110 posts, read 10,370,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Another notch on the Left's belt from the NYT as the Democrats rev up the GOP's war on women meme again. This will be great click bait for hot-to-trot libs and fems foaming at the mouth over Trump but it won't make a dent in his popularity. I'm beginning to think the Democrats and MSM's "bombardment" techniques may well backfire.
True. The tactics didn't work when they tried them on George W. Bush in 2000, and they won't work now.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:01 AM

12,263 posts, read 9,412,569 times
Morning Joe reported woman at heart of NYT article refuted entire story.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:04 AM

4,625 posts, read 2,762,823 times
Quote:
Which one?

Old 05-16-2016, 06:09 AM

12,359 posts, read 7,719,801 times
Quote:

Not exactly. She says she wasn't misquoted just that they didn't use her entire interview.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:13 AM

7,954 posts, read 3,109,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
There is a difference between a disagreement and totally demeaning behavior. The next time you have an argument with your husband/boyfriend ask yourself how you would react if he suddenly accused you of being irrational because you were on the rag.

I've been accused of doing dumb things because I was thinking with my, uh....little head instead of my big one before. Was that demeaning or sexist? Never mind the fact that she may have been correct in her assessment.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:17 AM

21,622 posts, read 11,077,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
The King cat calls his own employees, makes them feel uncomfortable, and is the real life Biff Tannen

Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump
Behaved With Women in Private

Hard to believe, people want to join his death squads to go round up 1 out 29 people in the country to deport with no pathway to citizenship.
The model was on TV stating Trump treated her very well said the New York Times spun the story negatively and the model said it was turned into a hit piece. The model stated it was a positive situation when she was with Donald Trump. The rag paper lied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or