U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-15-2016, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Billings, MT
9,525 posts, read 7,800,715 times
Reputation: 13260

Advertisements

While it is true that the actual election doesn't take place until June 7th, absentee ballots have already been mailed.
I received mine yesterday.
I thought about voting the democrat ballot just so I could vote against hillary, but when I looked at the other races on the ballot I decided there was nobody there worth voting for except the judges, which are non-partisan.
So...
I destroyed the democrat ballot, then voted the Republican ballot. Sealed it into the envelopes, stuck a stamp on it, and dropped it into the curbside mailbox at the Post Office this morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:00 AM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,586 posts, read 3,385,793 times
Reputation: 2311
Is Ted Cruz up there masquerading as a park ranger and trying to recruit endangered bison to vote for him ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:00 AM
 
Location: North America
14,210 posts, read 10,082,703 times
Reputation: 5547
And the point of this post is what exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:02 AM
 
44,519 posts, read 17,771,709 times
Reputation: 18733
I predict.....

Donald Trump wins GOP primary.

Bernie Sanders wins DEM primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:04 AM
 
44,519 posts, read 17,771,709 times
Reputation: 18733
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
And the point of this post is what exactly?
To talk about the Montana primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Billings, MT
9,525 posts, read 7,800,715 times
Reputation: 13260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
And the point of this post is what exactly?
The point is, as stated, the Montana Primary election is already in full swing, and I voted the Republican ballot.
No more, no less, exactly what was stated, that's all.
Do not bother to "read between the lines", as there is nothing there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Billings, MT
9,525 posts, read 7,800,715 times
Reputation: 13260
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Is Ted Cruz up there masquerading as a park ranger and trying to recruit endangered bison to vote for him ?
I don't think so, but his name is on the ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 09:27 AM
 
2,007 posts, read 1,101,138 times
Reputation: 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
And the point of this post is what exactly?
And the point of this post is what exactly? I don't see where it or others posts I've seen by others in different threads is helpful, if anything it's demeaning and uncalled for. If you believe someone's thread or post is pointless, move along, nothing to see there for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 09:39 AM
 
4,844 posts, read 2,334,027 times
Reputation: 5658
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
And the point of this post is what exactly? I don't see where it or others posts I've seen by others in different threads is helpful, if anything it's demeaning and uncalled for. If you believe someone's thread or post is pointless, move along, nothing to see there for you.

They're just haters who have nothing better to do with their time - sad really. Instead of bashing Trump and his supporters - their time would be better spent campaigning for their own candidate but Trump has this polarizing aspect on people and I see that more on the anti-Trump people than on those supporting him.

They talk about how vulgar he is and then name call and insult anyone who supports him. Many are fine with Bill's cheating in the WH as President but chastise Trump for his past - kind of hypocritical really.

Their obsession is really eating them up and their stance is doing nothing to change the minds of the Trump supporters so it's all for naught. I had to live with Obama for 8 yrs - they'll just have to get use to it and live with it if he does become President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 10:01 AM
 
2,007 posts, read 1,101,138 times
Reputation: 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
They're just haters who have nothing better to do with their time - sad really. Instead of bashing Trump and his supporters - their time would be better spent campaigning for their own candidate but Trump has this polarizing aspect on people and I see that more on the anti-Trump people than on those supporting him.

They talk about how vulgar he is and then name call and insult anyone who supports him. Many are fine with Bill's cheating in the WH as President but chastise Trump for his past - kind of hypocritical really.

Their obsession is really eating them up and their stance is doing nothing to change the minds of the Trump supporters so it's all for naught. I had to live with Obama for 8 yrs - they'll just have to get use to it and live with it if he does become President.
I used to allow myself to get dragged into debates with people just wanting to throw mud, it's pointless. Would rather have a respectful, more intelligent sharing of viewpoints and ideas than pointing fingers. What that particular poster did however was something different, but uncalled for as well. It's all about respecting your fellow posters, treating them as you'd want to be treated. And oh, you even have to be careful on the tv forum, because people will let you know if they think you shouldn't have added comments about a show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top